collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some neat places to go near the Fair! (Add yours!)  (Read 622 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
Some neat places to go near the Fair! (Add yours!)
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:32:57 AM »
I went up to Schaumburg last month to spend a day at IKEA, and I found some neat places to head to.

At the Woodfield Mall there's a place called Hello Anime that I think a lot of people would like! It's on the Rainforest Cafe side of the mall. They have a lot of plushes, including extensive pony and Pokemon sections. I was able to snap a few pics, but I was worried the staff would spot me, so I wasn't able to get in everything. They also have a lot of anime products like keychains, necklaces, nicknacks, swords, pillows and more. 

This is maybe only a little more than half of their pony selection. There's another shelf above this and some ponies on the sides. Some ponies are some strange OCs! Most are recognizable characters though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's some of their Pokemon. Again, this is only able half of what they had.

Another great place we went, if you're looking for Chicago style pizza is Lou Malnati's; it's about a 10 minute drive. Yum!

I also plan on going to the Rainforest Cafe and the group Medieval Times thing happening. Where are other people going or what have you heard about neat things in the area?
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
Re: Some neat places to go near the Fair! (Add yours!)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:52:10 AM »
Ooo those are those Chinese knockoff Pony plushies! They're pretty good, I just recommend you be selective about which you get. The OCs are done without permission and some are based on pictures of individual plush artists' work. Never saw a store carry them before!

We're excited about trying these two restaurants. If you like wrestling you may want to check out Squared Circle. It was created by Lisa Marie Varon (Tara in TNA and Victoria in WWE) and her husband. Wrestling viewing parties and themed menu:

http://thesquaredcircle.biz/events.html

Mmm that menu and I have been making moon eyes at each other all year...

Then there's Level 257, a Namco owned Pacman inspired restaurant:

http://www.level257.com/

These aren't places we've been before, as we've never been to Chicago, but they're places we want to go.

Then there's a Gameworks, which has lots and lots of video games. My boyfriend has been to the Seattle one and is happy he gets to visit another finally: http://www.gameworks.com/

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 06:49:14 AM »
Oh, both game works and level 257 look fun!  It looks like 257 has bowling, too?!  Haha I'm a horrible bowler but I have a lot of fun trying to keep out of the gutter. :P
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • Kirin-chan Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
Just wanted to warn that the Hello Anime store is like 90% bootleg items. So BUY WITH CAUTION!

If you have kids you can go to the Lego Discovery Center (LONE ADULTS NOT ALLOWED)

If you've never been to Woodfield I'd say just take a look. It's a rather unique mall :) they also have a Build a Bear if you want a pony!

Medieval Times is always fun

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 08:21:50 AM »
We went to Chicago one year for a high school band competition, and we stopped at Navy Pier briefly (it was April and the weather wasn't great the day that was on our itinerary, so we didn't spend too much time there unfortunately).  It's a Chicago landmark, so I'd make a point of checking it out while you're there!

We also had dinner one night at a place called Tommy Gun's Garage - it's a speak-easy themed dinner theater that was pretty fun!  It's a little pricey, but worth the fun atmosphere and entertainment.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • Etsy
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »
If we have time to go anywhere it will probably be a dog park or some such place, since we will be traveling there with my husky!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 01:31:37 AM »
If we have time to go anywhere it will probably be a dog park or some such place, since we will be traveling there with my husky!

Beautiful dog! There's actually a forest preserve a couple lights down right by the hotel:) Plenty of wide open space to run and play there:)

I'm really excited for Medieval Times, it's a blast if you like horses. There's also a comedy club by PF Changs in the back side of the mall. Never been there though. 6 Flags Great America isn't too far away if you like roller coasters.

Offline bulleta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »
Mitsuwa is really close (provided you have a car):
http://www.mitsuwa.com/?lang=en
Japanese market with an eatery with a few different choices. They have a bakery too. :)

If you like sushi, Sushi Station is close too. It's a rotary sushi bar, so the plates are color coded by cost and you just pull what you want off the conveyor belt in front of you. It's fun, but can get expensive!
http://www.sushistation.us

IKEA is behind the con hotel, that's always an experience. There are a ton of restaurants close by as well, Sweet Tomatoes is really close. There's a Dick Blick close too if any artists need supplies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal