collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other Collections Swap!! ~ All done!!  (Read 19367 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Other Collections Swap!! ~ All done!!
« on: May 05, 2015, 09:32:17 PM »
Other Collections Swap!!

Brag thread!!!:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,370755.msg1425175.html#msg1425175

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We all love ponies, but many of us collect other things as well! This swap is for anyone who would like to gain new items for their “other” collections while shopping for someone else’s “other” collections. Types of things you may be shopping for can include other toy lines, like Monster High or Pokemon, but they can also include more vague collections, such as “anything zebra” or “pressed coins”. Since there are many different collections that people may have, you will need to be specific about what you collect, and what you already have!

Budget:
The budget for this swap is $25 plus $5 in extras. The $25 is to be spent on items from your partner’s collections. The $5 for extras should be used on extras your partner would like: candy, stickers, etc.
Shipping IS NOT included in the budget.

Rules:
-Per arena rules you must be at least 16 years old
-You must be an active member for at least 6 months (joined by October 2014)
-You must have at least 500 posts
-You must have at least 5 positive feedbacks from trade/swaps (not buying) on the Arena (A 100% eBay feedback may count as one if you are short)
-No negative feedback within the past two years
-You must be willing to ship internationally. I do try to match people with their shipping preference, but you may not refuse to ship internationally.

If you are short on one of these, PM me and we can discuss the requirements.

Other things to note:
-Your partner is a secret! Please do not message your partner or post who your partner is!
-Please post a minimum of two times per week in the swap discussion thread. It is very disheartening when someone’s partner hardly ever posts in the discussions.
-You MAY NOT drop out once your application has been approved. Anyone who fails to send a box to their partner will be marked as a flaker and appropriate feedback will be left.
-All gifts should be wrapped, and teasers are to be posted before shipping. It makes it more fun when everyone posts a teaser!
-Please include a note/card in your box, so your partner knows who got them the wonderful gifts!
-You MUST PM me a picture of your partner’s unwrapped gifts by the check in date! You will not receive your partner’s address until I receive your check in photo.
-Leave feedback for your partner once you have received your box
-Please post a brag of your haul! The brag thread will be started by the first person to receive their box.
-All US parcels need to be shipped with tracking. International parcels will need a receipt to show proof of shipping.
-Since we are shopping for other people’s collections, please be aware of what your partner is asking for! On the flip side, when you post your intro post, please take the time to be detailed about your collections and what you like!
-If any questions or problems come up, please contact me ASAP.

Deadlines:
-Partners by: Thursday 5/14
-Shopping: 5/15 – 6/21
-Photo Check in DUE: 6/22
-Shipping: 6/23 – 6/29

International and domestic shipping deadlines are the same to allow everyone the same amount of shopping time.

Participants:
1. mkia9Shipped Received
2. Wiccanpony1 Checked in Shipped Received
3. Tikibirds Checked in Shipped Received
4. Urocyonfox Checked in Shipped Received
5. Sora Checked in Shipped Received
6. Tiella Checked in Shipped Received
7. Sumire Checked in ShippedReceived
8. Kitkumi  Checked in ShippedReceived
9. Saja Checked in Shipped Received
10. Jennifer2004 Checked in Shipped Received
11. Maddie Checked in ShippedReceived
12. Goddessofpeep Checked in Shipped Received
13. Shockponie Checked in Shipped Received
14. Rosierjay Checked in Shipped Received
15. Egyptiondragon Checked in Shipped Received
16. Pyrodarknessanny Checked in Shipped Received
17. Skitterbug Checked in ShippedReceived

Whew! Now how do I join?
Please PM me with the following:
-Forum name:
-Real name and address:
-Email address/ alternate contact:
-Link to your feedback (100% ebay feedback may be used as ONE feedback):
-Shipping preference (domestic/international…I cannot make promises, but will do my best to match you with your preference):

Once I have received your application and replied with an approval, please post your answers to the following questionnaire in the swap thread:
-What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)
-What is your favorite color?
-What are your favorite candies/snacks?
-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
-Any allergies?

Please feel free to ask more questions to the group as we go! I will do my best to keep them updated here on the first post. If you have a question that will give your partner away, PLEASE PM me and I will relay between you to keep it secret!

QUESTIONS FROM THE GROUP!!

Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
How do feel about hand-made items for your collection?
Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc
Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections?
If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
What is your grail/dream piece for your collections?
Would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
Partner, if something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?

do you have a pet or pets?
if yes, what kind?
can they have treats or toys?

*Approved - kkat 5-7-2015
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:28:26 PM by mkia9 »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:21:04 AM »
“Other” Collections (Please be very specific)

Legend of Zelda Memorabilia/Stuff
Figurines, dolls, capsule toys, pens, notepads, erasers, cups, stickers, keychains, playing cards, dog tags, pins, charms, clothes, tins, lunch boxes, artwork, art trading cards, pogs, pencil toppers, kid toys, stampers, marbles, magnets, coins, bottle caps, notebooks, binders, pencil boards, statues, cups, bottles, mugs, stationary, stickers, clothing, props, manga, keychains, phone charms
I'm not a huge fan of the wind waker or four swords versions of LOZ, Also not a big Zelda and Gannon fan
Favorite characters: Link, Link wolf form, keaton fox, Midna, Sheik
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Sailor Moon Memorabilia/Stuff
Figurines, dolls, capsule toys, pens, notepads, erasers, cups, stickers, keychains, playing cards, dog tags, pins, charms, clothes, tins, lunch boxes, artwork, art trading cards, pogs, pencil toppers, kid toys, stampers, marbles, magnets, coins, bottle caps, notebooks, binders, pencil boards, statues, cups bottles, stickers, clothing, props, manga, keychains, phonecharms, mugs, stationary, snacks, towels
Not a big fan of Jupiter, Tuxedo Mask, or Venus
Favorite Characters: Star Fighter, Mars, Luna, Dark/Wicked Lady, Saturn, Chibi Moon (Saturn and Chibi Moon together is super cuuute), Mercury, Neptune and Uranus together, Tin Kitty, Iron Mouse, Pluto, Amazon Quartet, Fisheye, Moon, any of them really, I will never turn down anything sailor moon
Current Collection:
Spoiler
Manga I still need:
Spoiler
Note these refer to the old manga not the new releases I haven't started collecting them yet
Sailor Moon Vol. 1
Sailor Moon Vol. 10
Sailor Moon Vol. 11
Sailor Moon Supers - have them all
Sailor Moon Stars - have them all

Fox Stuff
plastic, ceramic, statues, figurines, skulls, totems, mugs, toys, art, bones, furs, pictures, jewelry, ect
Please don't send any plushies I am running out of space so I have to be picky, I don't care for Swiper the fox from Dora
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Pokemon
Toys, figures, art, trading cards, tomy figures, charms, kid figures, battle figures, ect
Please don't send pokemon that are not on my likes list, cards and tomys that aren't on these lists below, I DO NOT care for most of the pokemon after 150 except for a few I listed, please try to avoid all plushies as well
Favorite Pokemon:vulpix, flareon, vaporeon, jolteon, leafeon, sylveon, umbreon, ninetails, squirtle, haunter, wartortle, dragonair, ponyta, rapidash, charmelion, ekans, arbok, scyther, tauros, beedrill, arcanine, meowth, persian, and raichu
Current Collection:
Spoiler
Pokemon Cards I need:
Spoiler
2   Ivysaur   
3   Venusaur   
17    Pidgeotto   
18   Pidgeot   
31   Nidoqueen   
34   Nidoking   
35   Clefairy   
36   Clefable   
40   Wigglytuff   
45   Vileplume   
49   Venomoth   
62   Poliwrath   
65   Alakazam   
68   Machamp   
71   Victreebel   
80   Slowbro   
82   Magneton   
89   Muk   
94   Gengar   
105   Marowak   
106   Hitmonlee   
107   Hitmonchan   
108   Lickitung   
113   Chansey   
115   Kangaskhan   
122   Mr. Mime   
125   Electabuzz   
127   Pinsir   
130   Gyarados   
132   Ditto   
137   Porygon   
142   Aerodactyl   
145   Zapdos   
149   Dragonite   
150   Mewtwo
Tomy Figures I need:
Spoiler

3   Venusaur
4   Charmander
5   Charmeleon
6   Charizard
10   Caterpie
11   Metapod
12   Butterfree
13   Weedle
14   Kakuna
15   Beedrill
16   Pidgey
17   Pidgeotto
18   Pidgeot
20   Raticate
21   Spearow
22   Fearow
23   Ekans
29   Nidoran♀
30   Nidorina
31   Nidoqueen
32   Nidoran♂
33   Nidorino
34   Nidoking
35   Clefairy
36   Clefable
38   Ninetales
39   Jigglypuff
40   Wigglytuff
41   Zubat
42   Golbat
43   Oddish
45   Vileplume
47   Parasect
48   Venonat
49   Venomoth
50   Diglett
51   Dugtrio
52   Meowth
53   Persian
54   Psyduck
56   Mankey
57   Primeape
60   Poliwag
61   Poliwhirl
63   Abra
64   Kadabra
65   Alakazam
66   Machop
67   Machoke
68   Machamp
69   Bellsprout
70   Weepinbell
71   Victreebel
72   Tentacool
73   Tentacruel
74   Geodude
75   Graveler
80   Slowbro
81   Magnemite
82   Magneton
83   Farfetch'd
84   Doduo
85   Dodrio
86   Seel
87   Dewgong
88   Grimer
89   Muk
91   Cloyster
92   Gastly
93   Haunter
95   Onix
96   Drowzee
97   Hypno
99   Kingler
100   Voltorb
101   Electrode
102   Exeggcute
103   Exeggutor
106   Hitmonlee
107   Hitmonchan
109   Koffing
111   Rhyhorn
112   Rhydon
113   Chansey
114   Tangela
115   Kangaskhan
116   Horsea
120   Staryu
121   Starmie
122   Mr. Mime
124   Jynx
125   Electabuzz
126   Magmar
127   Pinsir
128   Tauros
132   Ditto
136   Flareon
138   Omanyte
139   Omastar
140   Kabuto
141   Kabutops
142   Aerodactyl
145   Zapdos
146   Moltres
150   Mewtwo

Bioshock Memorabilia/Stuff

Figures, props, toys, masks, jewelry, artwork, ect
Please dont sent any of the brute splicers or boys of silence
Favorite Characters: Big Sisters, Little Sisters, Elenor Lamb, Booker and Elizabeth Dewitt, Female Splicers, Big Daddys, Song Bird, Lutece twins
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Maneki Nekos (Lucky Cat)
Figures, plastics, ceramic, cups, art, ect
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Fallout Memorabilia/Stuff

Figures, props, toys, bobbleheads, snowglobes, ect
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Batman Memorabilia/Stuff
Figures, art, comics, statues, ect
I'm kind of picky on batman stuff, there is alot of it out there. First I mostly collect the less popular villains, second, I grew up loving the animated series and batman beyond so I try to keep it to those and not all the new stuff that's out there (my family still buys me other/new batman stuff) but when I'm actively looking for it I seek animated series, beyond, and villains. So please don't just got to dollar tree, Walmart, hot topic, ect; and buy the first piece of  batman stuff you see, thats usually what my family does for birthdays/Christmas
Favorite Characters: Two Face, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Harley (but really only when shipped with Poison Ivy), Mr. Freeze, and Catwoman
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Brass Animals
I prefer smaller ones or ones of my favorite animals
I have ALOT of ducks already so please don't send any brass ducks
Favorite Animals: Fox, snakes, turtles, tortoises, salamanders and newts  rats, octopi, squid, koi, goldfish, garden spiders, rosy maple moths, skunks, ferrets, hedgehogs, deer, sea horses, Virgina opossums
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Swap Questions

Gray is my all-time favorite, then black, black and white stripes, rainbow (pride rainbow in color order) and lastly purple (I apologize if that sounds picky!!)

Likes: Cinnamon Altoids, warheads, peppermints, original flavored lifesaver gummies, nerds, strawberry sour punch straws, blue raspberry blow-pops, Keurig K-cup coffees, fruit leather, dried mango, dried coconut, dried apricots, any dried fruits are awesome, chocolate covered coffee beans, BBQ sunflower seeds, pistachios, dill/sour pickles
Dislikes: Raisins, white chocolate, chocolate covered cherries, grape flavored anything, banana flavored anything, candy corn, jellybeans, marshmallows, malted milk balls, sweet pickles

-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
I love getting a box full of little goodies so several smaller/less expensive goodies would be preferred

-Any allergies?
Eucalyptus, nickel metals, most metals in jewelry, and certain drugs but I don’t see why those would be sent in a swap!

Forum Questions

-Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
Sure, if it's a pony in one of my armies or a pony from my favorites list
 My pony wish list is in my profile here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,320667.msg599079.html#msg599079

- How do feel about hand-made items for your collection, or do you want licensed items only?
 I am totally ok with hand made items regarding my collections <3

- Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
I will leave that up to my partner, if you happen to find/make $20 worth of legend of Zelda goodies then make that bad boy a legend of Zelda box! If you happen to find an awesome fox figurine, then some Pokemon cards I'm missing then shoot make the box a mix of things! Whatever is easiest and preferred by my partner!

- Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.
ooo good question! I tried putting warnings under each of my items in red but let me think of some general things that I would not care for or am super picky on and post them here.
Apparel: I am picky on shirts, women's medium or men's small and I prefer black shirts. I tend to work hard all the time and any light colored shirts get messed up quick
Video Games: I think I am set on these, I have a game cube and a N64 for my Zeldas, an xbox 360 for Bioshock, a PS3 for fallout, and a gameboy color + gameboy advance for Pokemon. I have games to go with all of them so I think I'm good on that aspect
Planners: I have a cute little fox one that I use pretty regularly and I try to keep everything listed in it so please don't send any planners they will not be used
Purses: I am suuuuuper picky on purses, I have a bag I've used for almost 5 years now and I have yet to find anything that feels right and holds my stuff better than it. Please, as awesome as a purse themed to one of my favorite things would be, I don't think I'd use it.
Plushies/Stuffed Animals: I am soooo limited on room I have to be super careful on bringing plush toys into my house they take up alot of space.
Hats: I have a very shallow distance from the top of my head to my ears (I have fricking elf ears) that hats just stick up on top of my head and look ridiculous, sock hats, baseball caps, any hat at all looks BAD on me so please no hats. I like them but I can't wear them :(

- Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections?

mmmm I'm kind of picky on custom ponies that are based on other things, for example I do not like ponies sculpted into other animals at all! To me they loose their pony feel, I don't see it as a "cute pony sculpted to look like a fox" I just see it as a "cute fox" which is not something I like ponies being used for So that kind of rules out foxes, pokemon, ect. I am also not normally a fan of human themed ponies, Like a sailor moon pony where the pony's painted skin tone and wearing a fuku. I can appreciate the work and beauty that goes into animal and human based ponies but they're not my cup of tea. Now if you wanted to make a custom themed or inspired by something I like that would be fine (like a wicked lady themed pony black crescent moons ect) that would be fine, I am all for using things as inspiration for a pony custom but I am not a fan of a pony BECOMING a fandom piece itself.
....unless you want to make me an Epona pony..... I think I'd totally be ok with that.
Gah I feel like my answer is more complicated than the question asked!

- If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
Now a monster high or ever after (I assume thats what that stands for) custom of a sailor scout, big sister, little sister, ect would be awesome! I am actually making my own MH Poison Ivy so she would be a no thank you.

- Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
Not that I can think of, Unless they had cute Lilo and Stitch or Little Mermaid stationary.

- What is your grail/dream piece for your collection?
errrrrr ummmmm I have no idea! I'd like to finish my sailor moon manga collection, a pip boy would be sweet, the first pokemon movie (the one where Ash is turned into stone) on DVD would be pretty sweet, a brass octopus, but otherwise I have no idea really. I am ok with whatever you would like to send regarding my collection stuff

Of the series you collect from, which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
I think I covered this in my descriptions under each category by listing favorite character and in the red dislike sections I think I listed character I don’t really like too

- Would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
Either one is ok by me!

-What percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
I leave that up to you partner

-How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
I myself LOVE artwork, especially ATCs, they fit so well into my collections and are so easy to keep track of.

-Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
I like pins and buttons, I just never seem to have anywhere to put them. I am totally ok with handmade and licensed ones and I can just display them in my collection if I can't find a place to wear them

-If something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
I love vintage/old things so if its faded or tarnished that is 100% ok, besides, fallout and bioshock stuff usually looks better tarnished and faded!

- Partner, I'm headed to http://denvercomiccon.com/ at the end of the month, see anything/one of interest to you?
I am not usually a fan of signatures and stuff like that so I don't know what I would be interested there, I mean if you find art of anything for my collections that'd be cool or whatever! Whatever you like!

- Do you have a pet or pets? If yes, what kind? Can they have treats or toys?
We do have pets, not nearly as many as we use to now that we’re no longer breeding snakes for petstores… Here is who/what we have: (My hedgehog just passed away a few months ago so its weird not typing her on this list), As a fair warning, no judgement on the names, my S.O. is not the most creative with names!
Spoiler
1 leopard Slug - Leo
3 Hisssing cockroaches - Pockets and 2 un-named
1 Rose Haired Tarantula – Gohma
1 Red Spotted Newt - Fatman
Several Lesser Sirens – Flotsam, Jetsam, Songstress, (The others aren't named)
1 One-toed Amphiuma – Jaws
1 Scarlet kingsnake - Joe-hansson
1 Bananna California kingsnake - Katy Perry
1 Albino Californa kingsnake - Mean Boy
1 Everglades Ratsnake - Clifford
2 Albino Corn Snakes - Milk and Cream
1 Pueblan Milk Snake - Nealson
1 Ferret - Bandit
*2 Razor Back Musk Turtles - Back and Front Turtle
*1 Yellow Bellied Slider - Floaty Turtle
*1 River Cooter - Little Floaty Turtle
*1 Spiny Softshell - Softshell
*1 Big Orange Mutt – Jet
Most of them don’t eat “treats” All of my snakes eat frozen mice, Most of the invertebrates eat fresh fruit and veggies so its hard to send them treats as well. Bandit is a picky little booger who doesn’t like treats and only eats the Walmart ferret food (seriously I’ve tried other brands and he refuses, he lost weight before he even attempted to touch anything else, very scary so I keep him on what he likes)

*Now as for my turtles! They eat pellet food so any aquatic turtle pellets, shrimp, krill, meal worms, and crickets which most petstores sell dried or canned versions of. (I actually feed them a variety of greens, snails, fish, live insects, but you don’t want to send any of that in the mail for a swap) but any of the dried goodies they sell at pet stores would be awesome! Even if it was just generic “aquatic turtle food” I like to give them a variety. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten treats for my shell babies so it would be awesome to get some.

*And as for Jet- osaurus, he does not like rawhide, it just gets slobbery and gross then sits around the house, he doesn’t do well with super soft rubbery-plastic toys, and doesn't really respond to rope toys. He does like plush toys with a squeaker in them, soft treats, and pig ears. I think he STILL has a little squeaky sun that he got when I did the color box swap a few years ago.

- Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you?
I put my reason for each of the collections in the spoiler
Spoiler
Legend of Zelda Memorabilia/Stuff: I just adore it, I don’t know what else to say :p

Sailor Moon Memorabilia/Stuff: I adored Sailor Moon as a child and it never really went away. Its always been hard to find sailor moon stuff so I always look for it and collect everything I can. I always loved the relationships in it because as a child it was nice to see characters that loved each other regardless of gender, age, ect. It was a huge thing for me to know that there were shows that not only showed characters who loved one another (all different types of love, friendship, boyfriends, girl friends, family, everything) and weren't judged by the other characters.

Fox Stuff: I would be a fox if I were an animal so I always feel connected to them

Pokemon: Adored it as a child, we spend so much time making new ones, fighting (claiming it was a pokemon battle) its just something I loved.

Bioshock Memorabilia/Stuff: What an awesome game, I love the run down feeling of everything and the characters all look so amazing. I love the concept that adults impact the future through interactions with children good or bad. And as lame as it sounds, that you have the right to be a man and “choose”

Maneki Nekos (Lucky Cat): I just think they’re super cute! I love the goth twists you see on them from time to time!

Fallout Memorabilia/Stuff: Its got such a cool story, such awesome ideas, awesome everything! I was super poor living out of my car when the pre-orders for the fancy new vegas poker set came out and I forever regret not being able to buy it. :/

Batman Memorabilia/Stuff: I love batman, especially the villains. They were always so well developed to me and I personally always related to Two-face. I have a front of being social, friendly, outgoing, ect that everyone is convinced is the “real” me but I feel sick after talking to people, irritated, and displeased most of the time. It doesn’t ever really show but if you hand out with me you notice the swings back and forth. I always felt like Two-face was a personification of those feelings. As for Ivy, well she dated Two-face for a bit, is shipped with Harley pretty often, and she’s hot!

Brass Animals: My best friend (and looking back now that I’m an adult and I understand my feelings I would say probably my first crush) growing up's grandmother had some that sat on top of her fireplace that we use to play with. We lost touch due to moving, distance, lack of communication methods, and just faded away. I still love her dearly and while walking through a thrift shop I spotted a brass duck that was just like the one we use to play with. It made my heart pound and I knew I had to have it. My collection has grown to all kinds of animals and they all give me that amazing wonder feeling I had as a child playing with my friend.  :blush: I feel like a dweebe putting this all out here…..

- What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you?
The swap itself is pretty amazing! Getting a box of goodies that are all things I collect? How could it not be awesome?!?
I guess getting some snacks for my turtles as oppose to my dog would make it pretty amazing (everyone sends him stuff but not my shell babies), less candy, more healthy snacks would be awesome.
Oh oh I know! Items that do fit my collections/likes. I've gotten items in swaps before and thought "where did THAT come from?"
Spoiler
I like items that do fit me and my likes rather than just generic "gift/stuff". I spend alot of time trying to match everything in a box to my partner's likes so I enjoy people who do the same. I know it sounds rude and not that I've ever been ungrateful for anything I've ever received, but I've gotten items from people in swaps before that left me wondering where they got the idea that a particular item.

Like I've had partners who just overlook my dislikes list and sent me dolphin stuff, or things that I never mentioned ever like birds. If I get sent something that is not obvios how it fits in my collection/likes include a note like "hey I chose this item because____" That would be awesome.

Like if you send me a raccoon toy and I'm sitting there trying to figure out why, explain how it relates to my likes and why you chose it for me. Like "hey I found this raccoon that kind of looks like a fox and I figure you can paint it to look like a fox" something like that. PLEASE let me know, otherwise I'm looking at a raccoon going "why?".

But for real, I've gotten bird stuff from people before as extras in swaps and thought "Whaa? I never mentioned birds, I don't hate birds but I never said I like birds either, why did they send me this?" I don't want to come across as rude and I did appreciate the bird item, I just still can't figure out why I would be sent something bird related when I've never mentioned birds.

- Are you ok with the possibility of receiving something that might be a fake?
If it is a good fake I am 100% ok with it, if it is a scary fake where like the eyes are painted weird or its missing a nose, ect then I pass. There are some really good fake sailor moon figures and pokemon out there. There are also some really BAD ones.... As long as it looks has its suppose to then I am ok with it. Just try to use good judgement, if it looks bad don't waste your money on it. If it looks good it is welcomed there, fake or not!

- Many of you have Disney movies and characters listed but how do you feel about an item that is specific to one of the Disney Parks even if it does not contain any of the characters you have listed. I'm thinking more along the lines of the millions of Disney pins that are only sold in that one theme park (and on ebay..naturally). Are there any of the main characters you would like - mickey, donald, ect?
THis question intrigues me, I had no idea there was more than one Disney park. Crazy! How are there pins that are specific to certain parks? I don't think I mentioned any Disney characters for me but in case here are some
Ariel, Stitch, Todd, Robin Hood and Maid Marian, Esmeralda, Rapunzel and Flinn Rider, Mulan, Meg, Kida, Pocahontas, Kovu, Nala, Young Simba, Captain Amelia, Steamboat Willie

- Partner, would you be offended if I used newspaper to pad the box with? In place of newspaper how do you feel about old plastic grocery bags for packing materials?
I support recycling as well, since I joined swap-bot I have started using old calendars, magazines, ect to make my own envelopes so by all means if it helps cut back on waste use that news paper or plastic bags! As everyone elase seems to state, as long as it doesn't bleed or leak text or color on any of the items I am 100% down with it

- One of things i bought. thought was legit but may not be. If i can't return it. partner do you want it as an extra extra? i know i can't sell it, but it still has pretty artwork.
I 100% am cool with it, especially if its something you purchased thinking I would like it them chances are I WILL!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:11:31 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »
Have fun all!!  I will definitely check out the brag threads...

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »
I want to join but that means someone may have to ship to China...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
Aww, I wish I could join this one but the shipping dates are right around the time I'll be moving and I don't want to cause any trouble with the address change.  :cry: I look forward to the brag thread for this!
Instagram / Want List

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »
Moonbeam - Join, you know you want to  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:17:25 AM by tikibirds »

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Oo I'm so tempted to join.  :shifty:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
Oo I'm so tempted to join.  :shifty:
You should :P

I will get through all my PMs tonight, I promise! Working 12hr shifts as a nurse doesn't let me do a whole lot during the day lol. But I only work three days a week, so you can't beat that!

ETA: Okie dokie I am caught up on PMs :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:11:03 PM by mkia9 »

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 05:58:17 AM »
I was interested in this swap, but the only other thing I collect besides MLP are Victoria's Secret Pink mini dogs. I don't think that's enough of a collection for me to join. I was collecting Care Bears, but I’m having to pack them in storage boxes now to make room for all my MLP, so I’m not really collecting them at the moment. Plus 1/6 of my feedback is from a previous swap. The rest is from me buying from other members. I am in a swap at the moment though, so feedback will be left for that swap once it ends in July. I do have 100% positive feedback in Ebay. Multiple feedback has been left for me on Ebay by silver*dawn who is also a member here. But like I said, I don’t think my VS mini dogs are enough of a collection.  :( This seems like such a fun swap though!

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:55 AM »
Best of luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »
What are your “other” collections?
Pokemon but I have a lotof stuff. If you go that route, look here for info:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,366927.msg1369434.html#msg1369434
Figures/items of my favorite anime/manga characters
I would love anything - figures, stickers, stationary, artwork, small posters. My favorite characters are:
 Mizuki from Kamisama Kiss
Spoiler

and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Spoiler
  Kamisama Kiss - Mizuki (I have 2 keychains and one phone strap cleaner thing Of Mizuki) and Tomoe, Mikagae
  Inu X Boku SS -  All
  Rurouni Kenshin - All
  Inuyasha - Koga, Kagura, Inuyasha, Sesshohmaru, Mioga, Kikyo
  Yu Yu Hakusho - Kurama  :inlove: Hiei, adult Koenma
  Fairy Tail - Gray, Natsu, Erza
  Black Butler - Sebastian, Grell, Undertaker, Lau
  Hetalia - Japan, Italy, China
  Ledgend of the Ledgendary heros - Sion, Ryner, Ferris
  Nura: Rise of the Youkai clan - Kubinashi, Kurotabo, Kejoro, Karasu Tengu,
  How's Moving castle - Howl, calcifer
  Spirited Away - Haku, No face
I also have some random items  - like a small figure of the red haired dude from Bleach and a cut one of Naruto and the orange fox. I do like Bleach but I have only seen a handful of episodes.
 As for actual manga's I only have 3 volumes - Rurouni Kenshin Vol 1 & 5, Kamisama Kiss Vol 14  :cry:
This is what I have so far
Spoiler

Stickers, especially sticker flakes  ^.^
Spoiler

Washi tape/deco tape - even the really cheap ones from china
Kawaii stationary
Spoiler
This is like 1/10th of what I have:

- I also like My melody, little twin stars, and sentimental circus merchandise..especially the elephant character. It has a name but..I dont recall what it is.) Anything by mind wave, san-x, crux or sanrio is usually good but no hello kitty or relikkuma (sp?). I have enough of them.
Eeyore. I have quite a few plushies already though.
Funko's I want: Not sure they are all released or not?
  Disney's Robin Hood series(I already have robin hood)
  Gus Gus in a slipper
  Merida
  Black Butler Series (grell, sebastian, Undertaker)
  Pocket pop Discord
  Mystery mini Minions - Any
  Mystery Mini - Big Bang Theory Leonard

Lalaloopsie - I like the horses/seahorses and I only have two - both are target exclusives and one is a marshmellow reindeer looking one and the other  is ice cream cone themed. I think they are called mellow and mocha.  I like the "tiny" sets as well.

I love foxes - real ones, animated ones, ones with 9 tails...

-What is your favorite color? Green, Purple

-What are your favorite candies/snacks? Mint chocolate, gummies, swedish fish
-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items? Don't care

Any allergies? nope

how do feel about hand-made items for your collection? I want to say yes but a long time ago, for a swap I did and get something that looked like a 5 year old made it...
or do you want licensed items only? Doesn't have to be official, bootleg is fine as long as it looks like what it's supposed to
If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
I get MH is monster hight but what is EAH? Sure, since many of the characters don't actually have any official figures made of them.
What is your grail/dream piece for your collection?
Spoiler

[/img]

would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
Either is fine but i normally get a few smaller items so maybe one item with extras would be a change of pace. I know some items on my list can be a bit pricey and over budget  :cry: The stationary and stickers on my list are pretty cheap and could be used as extras.
Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
Sure since alot of characters on my list don't have any actual merchandise
do you have a pet or pets?
if yes, what kind?
American Eskimo Dog and a Chinchilla
can they have treats or toys?
yup
partner  are you ok with the  possibility of   receiving  something that  might be a fake?
yes
Partner, if something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
It's fine
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:27:18 AM by tikibirds »

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 05:07:29 PM »
-What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)

Okay, I'll be specific. :) Here's how I'm going to do this, 1) A list of themes I collect, and then 2) A list of items I collect

1) Themes
-art by Macoto (I especially want the artbooks "Macoto no Ohimesama," "Dreaming Girls," and "Nihon no Ohimesama," I already have "Shoujo Romance")
-Victorian and Edwardian artwork
-Kitty Cucumber (I have the books "Kitty Cucumber Plants a Garden" and "Kitty Cucumber and her Friends")
-Powerpuff Girls (Bubbles is my girl)
-Jem and the Holograms
-Lady LovelyLocks
-Baby Miss Piggy
-Chipettes (80's vintage, just assume that for everything :P)
-Rainbow Bright
-Care Bears
-Poochie
-Rose Petal Place
-Peppermint Rose
-Sanrio characters - Little Twin Stars (Kiki and Lala), Jewelpet, Charmmy Kitty, Bonbon Ribbon and Hummingmint
-San-X characters - Berry Puppy and Jewel Cat
-Sailor Moon (I don't like the nineties anime artwork - Sailor Mercury is my favorite and then Sailor Moon, I prefer the inner senshi to the outer and beyond)
-Cardcaptor Sakura (I prefer the manga art-style and I don't like her first sealing wand; I'm not crazy about Kero-chan and Spinel Sun and would prefer artwork featuring the children characters rather than older characters - other than Nadeshiko, Sakura's mom, of whom there's never enough artwork)
-Creamy Mami (I prefer Mami art to Yuu and I don't collect Nega and Posi goods)
-Magical Emi (I prefer Emi art to Mai and I don't collect Topo goods)
-Nurse Angel Ririka
-Saint Tail (I collect goods but I also still need volumes 2, 3 and 4 of the TokyoPop manga)
-Wedding Peach
-Princess Tutu (I pretend the manga doesn't exist)
-Kobato (I don't like the anime, I am looking for the manga, the artbook and anything with Clamp's lovely illustrations on it although I'm not crazy about Iorogi's animal form)
-Tiny Toons (Babs and Fifi are the focus of my collection)
-Anne of Green Gables (I collect goods, but I also still need the "Further Chronicles of Avonlea" Bantam edition from the eighties not the nineties)
-The Little Colonel series (I collect The Cozy Corner editions, I have all in the series but "The Little Colonel Doll Book," "The Little Colonel's Good Time Book," "The Giant Scissors," and "Mary Ware, The Little Colonel's Chum")
-Betsy-Tacy series (I'm looking for all the books in hardbound edition)
-What Katy Did series (l still need hardbound copies of "Clover" and "In the High Valley")
-Georgette Heyer books (looking for hardbound editions of "Frederica," "Arabella," "Pistols for Two," and "The Grand Sophy")
-Jane Austen (I have all her novels but I collect Austen-themed goods)
-Lisa Frank (but not people, frogs, and her recent panda bears, teddy bears or unicorns either although I do like those last three in general.)

2) Items
-old children's book series
-books illustrated by Golden Era illustrators
-paper dolls
-Merrimack ephemera reproductions
-beautiful paper
-charms
-stickers
-washi tape
-tea
-tea cups
-Japanese stationery (cute designs are adorable but my favorite are lovely classic designs such as cherry blossoms and I adore really beautiful high quality Japanese paper like mulberry)
-notebooks (I like perforated pages whether spiral bound or not and bonus points for colored paper)
-folders
-binders (that fit the folders - like old school Trapper Keepers)
-fountain pens
-pens and pencils with fun features like kaleidoscopes, glitter tubes, light up tops, dangling charms or hidden stampers
-pencil tins
-cute eraser collections like those by Soundy
-lovely rubber stamps (especially botanical illustrations with the scientific name produced by PSX, I have Wisteria, Pansy, Lilac, Iris and Rosa [Cabbage Rose], I don't want Sunflower or Primula, and my most wanted are Viola [Violet] and Narcissus [Daffodil])
-trading cards (I have Powerpuff Girls trading cards Series 1 except for the pink foil cards, and the Movie FilmCardz except for the chase cards and promo cards, I think I'll be making a post about what MLP cards I need in their thread but I don't have any cards from series three)
-pretty postcards
-doll clothes and goods for my J-doll (Pullip Type 4 body)
-teeny letter sets like Sanrio used to produce in the eighties
-laser-cut paper art (and human crafted too of course!)
-embroidered linens (things like pillowcases and handkerchiefs, floral motifs are my favorite)
-vintage/vintage style hats (pillbox and picture hats with flowers are my favorite in black, grey, pink and/or mint)

Notes:

The best things are of course items I collect done in a theme I collect like my treasured Kitty Cucumber paper dolls, or my beloved Sailor Mercury Star Power Stick pen. When it comes to magical girl anime, I especially treasure their magical objects themselves and as jewelry and decorative motifs on everyday things that make me smile whenever I use them.

In general I don't collect purely decorative items such as figurines (replicas of magical objects aside, as mentioned above ^^;). This is mostly due to size constraints - what I collect has to pull its weight around the apartment. :P

I have enough stuffed animals to take up most of a bed so I'm slowing down on that collection. On that note I don't like UFO catcher style chibi dolls.

I make mixed media and collage style art pieces so I'm always happy to receive paper ephemera and artwork.

I love useful things like chopsticks and dishware but I prefer real glasses and porcelain to plastic dishware (I had to get over my aversion to plastic chopsticks when they started putting out magical girl wand themed chopsticks :P).

I don't like the villains from any of the above so I don't collect anything with them on it.

Iridescent :P Pink, mint green, violet, silver

bubblegum, filled chocolates (no dark chocolate, coffee flavoring or coconut though)

No preference  :)

-Any allergies?
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, mold, eucalyptus, synthetic fragrances (like air fresheners) and mushrooms.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:48:39 PM by Sumire »
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »
whoops! i replied to the wrong thread! :redface: i hope no one saw that
anyway, i was gonna say i dont meet the requirements to join, but i hope everyone has fun!!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
Just sent in my form :D This looks like it has the potential to be a crazy amount of fun!

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

SwiftheartBabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:03 AM »
Aw, timing's a bit off for me on this one. Have fun guys! Here's hoping for another one later in the year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal