collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Smart Doll??!!!! Whaaaa?!!  (Read 25915 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Doll??!!!! Whaaaa?!!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
Omg this doll is gorgeous! But seriousloy, this GUY! What an amazing person yeesh. Makesm e feel like im not doing enough with my life.

Oh yes.... I am so enthralled with her!  I want the smartphone version so I am saving my pennies...  :)

What does the smartphone version do?
Id like to know as well, cant find info

Okay they changed her name to Smart Doll Plus

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27287/Smart+Doll+Plus.html

"Smart Doll Plus is a 120cm tall robotic android designed by myself Danny Choo right here at Culture Japan HQ in Tokyo.

Smart Doll Plus has functionality to walk around on her own and pickup objects which she can recognize with her built in AI.
 Smart Doll Plus is also connected to the Internet 247 meaning that she has access to any information that you require of her.

We are also working with IFTTT to enable Smart Doll Plus to connect to a plethora of home devices such as Dropcam and Nest which expands her home security management capabilities."

The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »
Smart Doll Plus has functionality to walk around on her own and pickup objects which she can recognize with her built in AI.
sorry, my first thought was "yey, I could make her do some housecleaning" XD :P
(sorry, it's quite early in the morning here :lookround: )

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 08:53:48 AM »
I. want. one. 
I have absolutely no reason to have one, and I definitely can't afford it, but I want it.  LOL

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:14 AM »
Omg this doll is gorgeous! But seriousloy, this GUY! What an amazing person yeesh. Makesm e feel like im not doing enough with my life.

Oh yes.... I am so enthralled with her!  I want the smartphone version so I am saving my pennies...  :)

What does the smartphone version do?
Id like to know as well, cant find info

Okay they changed her name to Smart Doll Plus

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27287/Smart+Doll+Plus.html

"Smart Doll Plus is a 120cm tall robotic android designed by myself Danny Choo right here at Culture Japan HQ in Tokyo.

Smart Doll Plus is also connected to the Internet 247 meaning that she has access to any information that you require of her.

We are also working with IFTTT to enable Smart Doll Plus to connect to a plethora of home devices such as Dropcam and Nest which expands her home security management capabilities."

Umm,  the way I was reading the description of the "Smart Doll Plus" - I think that the "robotic" version of the doll is a bit of a joke, right?

IE the following portions of her description make me think that the designer is just having a little fun-

I do however believe strongly that humans have the right to defend themselves so I have programmed Smart Doll Plus to also be able to deal with burglars but deal with them in such a manner that they do not come to harm - I felt it was important to obey the 3 laws of robotics which are:-

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
In order to protect these laws, I have given Smart Doll tools that would only tickle a burglar such as pepper spray, 1000 volt stun guns and portable flame thrower.

Also- designing a top-heavy robot that can walk on two legs is pretty hard.  It can be done but there is no way her legs would be nice and slim like that.  There is a pretty cool robotics company associated with Harvard (I think they were bought out by the military) that has come up with a Bipedal robot design that can walk- but it looks pretty heavy and complicated...http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/149732-us-militarys-bigdog-robot-learns-to-throw-cinder-blocks-grenades

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »
Yeah, the plus is either a joke or is not in production yet. I would LOVE to know what he smart phone doll does though. I'd totally be interested in an interactive doll.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
I think the smart doll plus was an April fools joke.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »
The plus is a joke, but the robotics are not! I finally dug up a video that shows what she can do  ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS3hvbBVuCo

Honestly, as much as I loove my bjds, I found this fairly unsettling. Too uncanny valley for me

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »
This is quite interesting, I look forward to seeing where this heads.
I think I'd love to get a male doll, pop it on my shelf and have my very on Jarvis. I've got Hot Toys beside my computer already, program these to do basic tasks like Siri and I am sold!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
That's why he is publically and actively searching for more investors because Choo-san says right now the cost of R&D on the plus doll is still like $10k.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Been a fan of Danny Choo and his Mirai Suenaga character for awhile (was able to see one of his panels at Anime Expo couple years ago)!  I wonder how his Smart Dolls fare against a regular DD besides stronger joints and that ingenious poseability stand?  I'm more excited to see the Eiji Seiun doll when it's completed!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:12:33 PM by Akemi-chan »

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say that it was originally an April Fools joke a few years ago, but it seems like they're really trying to do something with it.

I really wouldn't mind a doll sitting next to my laptop that I could set-up with other home appliances. (via phone, I suppose) Asking it to get the Roomba or coffee on the go would be fun.  :P

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 07:01:03 AM »
I would take her with me Everywhere!!!!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
They are GORGEOUS!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
My husband has a few "build your own" robots.  I think he'll love this if it does what they're hoping it will do.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 06:35:11 AM »
My husband is also very intrigued by this doll. Or, at least he said, 'We could make a doll like that. What would you want her to do?'  I love the idea of a travel companion doll. Somewhere I a quote by Danny Choo saying that these dolls were made so that you (the consumer) doesn't have to be lonely. When I saw these dolls I immediately thought of the long trips to Atlanta that I make and how much more enjoyable they would be with an interactive dolly, even if all she did was tell me directions and occasionally tell me that my driving is superb and to not let the crazies get to me. LOL

I'm still trying to figure out what the Smart Doll actually does though. I'm not interested in the big AI doll (okay, I lie, but I do not have $8k and the doll doesn't even appear to have a timeline as of yet, so it hardly matters..) But the SD girl Mirai has really and truly stolen my heart like a doll hasn't done since I first laid eyes on FL Chloe years ago. I want her with or without the robotics, but I'd highly prefer with.
:lovey:
  But, is the current doll that you can find an order form for and that costs 60,000 JPY with or without the robotics and "smart phone" capabilities??!! The site is sooo unclear. At that price I highly doubt it includes the fancy stuff, but a girl can always dream.

And, if not, where can we get the fancy version and how much does it cost? Or if it's not out yet, how long do we have to wait before it's available to the public?

Wishing now more than ever that I could read Japanese. XD

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal