collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PayPal question  (Read 432 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
PayPal question
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:31 AM »
I've not had this happen before. My PayPal account is registered in NZ. I'm trying to purchase something privately, I've sent payment and delivery address is to my aunties in Australia. Howevery when I included her address I'm unable to change the country field at bottom from NZ to Australia. My seller wants to refund me because she said if there is a claim then she looses out because the address supplied is incorrect due to it saying NZ at the bottom of an Australian address. What can I do to get around this?? In the past my sellers have not cared about this slight difference in address and just put Australia on the parcel. The reason I want to send it to my aunt is that the seller lives 1.5 hrs away so it's to save on shipping..
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:45:43 AM »
I believe you are going to have to let your seller refund payment and then resend with the correct address. First you are going to have to go into your account and add her address though.  Just go to your account overview. Under your blue tabs at the top you will see several headings; all the way to the left is "profile". Hover over it and it will offer a drop down. Just choose "add or change address", change it and you're done.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:56 AM »
What PL said ^^ :nod:  :)  hopefully that should clear up the problem
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »
I believe you are going to have to let your seller refund payment and then resend with the correct address. First you are going to have to go into your account and add her address though.  Just go to your account overview. Under your blue tabs at the top you will see several headings; all the way to the left is "profile". Hover over it and it will offer a drop down. Just choose "add or change address", change it and you're done.

Yep I've already added the address when I sent payment but I still can't change the country at the bottom, the field appears protected. I've had a quick look online and there are lots of people that have moved countries that are being told to open new Paypal accounts in their new countries as your unable to change your registered country in your account..  I guess my next question is that if my seller does go ahead and ignore the fact that it SHOULD say Australia and there is a problem is Paypal really going to deny her any help? At the end of the day if I sent a bank deposit I'm not protected one iota and if I had the money in there I would've done so without any hesitation.

I might get her to refund me then send it to my brother in law in Sydney who I THINK has Paypal then get him to pay her.. what a roundabout way to do it though..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:25:08 PM by Sea_Breeze »
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:23 PM »
You are correct about not being able to change your paypal address to add an out of country one. :(  I just moved to the US from Canada and have had to open a new account.  The problem was, they advised me to keep my old account because I have some kind of "tenure" status since it's been active for over a decade.  It's really messy. :(  Having your brother in Sydney is probably the easiest way for you to work this.  Then, you can gift money from your paypal account to your brother in law and have him add the address you want your item shipped to.  Good luck!

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:48 AM »
You are correct about not being able to change your paypal address to add an out of country one. :(  I just moved to the US from Canada and have had to open a new account.  The problem was, they advised me to keep my old account because I have some kind of "tenure" status since it's been active for over a decade.  It's really messy. :(  Having your brother in Sydney is probably the easiest way for you to work this.  Then, you can gift money from your paypal account to your brother in law and have him add the address you want your item shipped to.  Good luck!

Thanks Silverdawn this is what I ended up doing minus the gift option so I owe my bro $10 more. Your situation is way worse than mine, how annoying for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal