collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay lot - tracking number, but no data  (Read 561 times)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay lot - tracking number, but no data
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »
I purchased a lot BIN off ebay a few weeks ago.  I received notification when the seller had "shipped" (presumably when the shipping label was printed), but there has been no USPS tracking info since then.  The seller has been very helpful and has offered to refund; she says the package was given to a family member to ship with some other packages, and they can't find that it was accidentally left behind and the PO doesn't know what happened. 

Has anyone ever had a package arrive that was never scanned at all in transit, or should I chalk this one up to seller regret or PO thievery and ask for the refund?  Seller has very good record, but lot did contain a valuable pony; it was a pretty good deal but not an absolute steal as the BIN price was high. 

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay lot - tracking number, but no data
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »
The fact that the seller has packed them up, and prepared them for the mail, but offered a full refund sends up red flags to me.

It sounds like she knows more than what she's letting on about.  That's a toughie though, as there's not much you as the buyer can do to get your items.  I would ask her where the package was "dropped off" (my personal guess is that it's still at her house).  Ask her to check the blue mail boxes, the post office center, etc.  Also ask her to call the manager at the post office and give the tracking number, seeing if there's a package on the side with that number.

Personally, I think patience may win out on this one...send her another message explaining that you really would like the ponies and are willing to wait a little longer to try and get it sorted.  But *PLEASE* - don't wait past the paypal claim date!

Have you filed an "Item Not Received" claim yet against the seller?  That might help her get moving a bit faster in trying to "locate" the package...  It does send a mark against her account if she doesn't satisfactorily resolve it.

Best of luck!
Cloudie :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »
A lot of sellers are very willing to refund because if they get dinged with buyer complaints, it effects their seller status overall (like top rated sellers get discounts from eBay) and, I believe, where they show up on the search listings.  So I wouldn't assume that was proof of hanky-panky.  The Paypal claim date is six months now so no worries there. ;)

It sounds like the package had printed, prepaid postage?  Was it going by First Class or Priority?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 08:45:30 AM »
Even if you print out postage, you can get your money back by claiming it was destroyed if you don't use it. The seller could have easily done this if they didn't use it. I would call eBay and let them know that you have tried to contact the seller and would like to file a claim and have not been able to. They can assist you.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »
What exactly does the tracking info say? "Preparing shipment" means the post office hasn't recieved it, but any other message means it is in the usps control, I believe.  I've also found sometimes the tracking through ebay isn't the same as if you go directly to the USPS site and put the number in there.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:59:15 AM »
What exactly does the tracking info say? "Preparing shipment" means the post office hasn't recieved it, but any other message means it is in the usps control, I believe.  I've also found sometimes the tracking through ebay isn't the same as if you go directly to the USPS site and put the number in there.

I was  thinking this  too ^^  you can also call USPS and talk to someone on the phone (usually more helpful than just using the website if you're having no joy with that ) since you have the tracking number :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:11 PM »
Thank you for your insights.   It has been several weeks, which is far too long for a domestic package to arrive; the USPS website doesn't have anything more to say than ebay.  I hate to make the seller absorb the cost if the package was stolen, but I really suspect someone missed the BIN and offered more or something equally suspicious.  I was refunded almost as soon as I messaged that I had given up on waiting. 

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 01:00:39 AM »
That's good news Raindrop about the refund not the loss of ponies. Your question about things not being scanned but delivered. Yes that has happened to me, I paid for tracked shipping from NZ to Australia, it was tracked as far as the International Mail Centre in Australia then NOTHING. The only way I knew it had been received was my swap partner posted a brag about it. She wasn't even asked to sign for it!! Just because you pay for a service does not mean you'll receive that service especially when it crosses international borders.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:08:49 AM »
That's terrible Raindrop  :( I hope your seller was being honest with you though. I would hate to think she gave into someone who was equally as dishonest for going behind the scenes and offering more money for something that was already sold.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal