collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Playset Mail Order Ponies  (Read 939 times)

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Playset Mail Order Ponies
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »
Ok so I have Majesty, Baby Tiddly-Winks and Sprinkles. I'm looking for Lemon Drop and Baby Half Note. How can you tell if they are mail orders? Does anyone have these? I would love to see a picture if you do. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: G1 Playset Mail Order Ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
Baby Half Note is NBBE (non-Beddy-Bye Eye), unlike the playset version.  She is in Baby Cuddles' pose. 

HOWEVER, there's also a UK NBBE Baby Half Note (with two variations--different eye colors and also curly vs straight hair).  I'm not sure how to tell US mail order from UK version.

Lemon Drop--I have no idea.  That girl has so many color and hoof variations!  I imagine she would be Made in China.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
I am guessing that there probably isn't a lot of variation for the UK one and the US MO one. The Dance School sold here with both versions of Baby HN, but it continued to be sold for a long time. I am sure I had mine in around 87/8, and I had the original baby, not BBE. My friend, who gave me her ponies when she sold up, also had the same one - hers with purple eyes, mine with aqua. Mine had curly, hers straight hair. I imagine one of these is the same as the US mail order, and they pumped surplus into our line - but it depends how early/late that MO ran in the States...

Until I find my Dance School box, I can't date it conclusively ><.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The pony on the right is the one I had as a child. I don't have a picture of Alex's Baby Half Note at the moment but I can probably dig her out and take one if people want to do comparisons between MO received ones and the UK one, because I 100% know the provenance and history of both of the ones in my collection from new and know they are definitely UK store sold...

Lemon Drop Made in China is normal release in the UK for the 1990 stable (the pink one from this release:)

I had her as a kid because Mum and Dad got me a second hand stable and wrote to Hasbro for a replacement Lemon Drop. That was around 1990 and all they had were Chinese ones, so I got the new version instead.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Here's a picture of the pamphlet, from My Little Wiki:

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
this pink Sprinkles is really cute!!  ^.^ ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
Maybe is just the lightening but does Pearlized Baby Glory have a  blue body with pink hair?  :lol:  Would love to know if the prototype for that existed still.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 10:06:39 AM »
The one on the insert looks more like the one I had as a child with the Dance School here in the UK (aqua eyes). Here are my two - the one I had as a child and the one my friend had as a child.

The two loose ones I have are pretty different when I put them together. I know Alex got hers new in the UK too, and with the playset, but I don't know precisely what year. I am fairly sure her playset had some different colour accessories, though (a yellow shoe box rather than a pink one, if I remember right?) so maybe she had hers earlier. They have different body tones, eyeliner, and symbol printing colours as well as eye colour and hair type.

Perhaps the purple eye one is the "officially" UK original baby one, and the aqua eye one was from leftover playset mail order - but both were sold normally in the UK and, actually, I think the one with aqua eyes and curly hair is more common second hand here. I haven't seen many with the purple eyes.

Alternatively it could be the other way around - it seems odd to recreate Baby Half Note as a normal baby except for the fact it was already possibly in production elsewhere, so maybe that's the reason why the MO one looks so much like the UK sold one - they're essentially the same pony. I am honestly not sure when the switch happened with Baby Half Note and the Dance School in the UK.

We need someone who had the MO version as a child to post pictures to compare.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:12:14 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »
MO Lemon Drop has markings on bottom all all 4 feet.

Jo-Anne

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »
the G1 pearlized Baby Glory I have has a blue body and purple hair. She's for sale by the way. I have 6 of the pearlized babies all for sale in NM condition. you can see photos  at http://joannepagecote.imgur.com
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:48:56 PM by Jo-Anne »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal