collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: $0.50 CAD Oakly  (Read 972 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
$0.50 CAD Oakly
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:23:20 PM »
I came across an add for a mixed lot of ponies. G3`s and a couple G1s. Half hidden behind one was a cute little face with antlers. I couldnt tell for sure if it was him but I asked the lady to ship him too me. She charged me $0.50 canadian plus shipping and threw in a sprinkles for free. He just got here and its Oakly. Hes in really great shape...... But now I feel really guilty  :(  I cant afford to pay her what he`s worth. And I asked her twice what she wanted for him... I`m thinking about sending her a little more?

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: $0.50 CAD Oakly
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
I came across an add for a mixed lot of ponies. G3`s and a couple G1s. Half hidden behind one was a cute little face with antlers. I couldnt tell for sure if it was him but I asked the lady to ship him too me. She charged me $0.50 canadian plus shipping and threw in a sprinkles for free. He just got here and its Oakly. Hes in really great shape...... But now I feel really guilty  :(  I cant afford to pay her what he`s worth. And I asked her twice what she wanted for him... I`m thinking about sending her a little more?
I wouldn't worry about what she charged is what she wanted for him.

Post Merge: April 17, 2015, 08:09:13 PM

Also Congrats!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
I agree with egyptiondragon. A lot of the time, people sell old toys and things because they just want to get rid of them. If she didn't concern herself with looking up Oakley's worth, I wouldn't worry about underpaying. However, if you conscience is nagging at you to no end, you can always try offering her more. It's up to you. ;)

Congratulations on the find! My BFF and I are in love with the little guy, but neither of us has the kind of money to afford him. I'm sure he loves his new home with you! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
I agree with egyptiondragon. A lot of the time, people sell old toys and things because they just want to get rid of them. If she didn't concern herself with looking up Oakley's worth, I wouldn't worry about underpaying. However, if you conscience is nagging at you to no end, you can always try offering her more. It's up to you. ;)

Congratulations! Yeah; I agree with PrincessStarlily, I wouldn't let it bug you -- the seller set the price, not you -- but it might be a nice gesture to send a little more, mostly as a thank-you, and say something like, "Thanks so much for shipping and for the great bargain! I could never have gotten the pony [moose] otherwise and I really appreciate it." I'm not sure, though; it's hard to say. What do you other Arena people think?

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:25:37 AM »
I would send her a thank you note at the very least.  As in, a handwritten note and sent through the post.  A man sent me one for an item he purchased through my etsy shop explaining it was a childhood toy and how pleased he was with it and the price.  I probably had the item priced  too low but just the fact that it meant so much to him that he took the time to write me a letter... well, it made my day!

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
I would send her a thank you note at the very least.  As in, a handwritten note and sent through the post.  A man sent me one for an item he purchased through my etsy shop explaining it was a childhood toy and how pleased he was with it and the price.  I probably had the item priced  too low but just the fact that it meant so much to him that he took the time to write me a letter... well, it made my day!
That's true a note or something may seem more appreciative then money. That way it keeps things on the bright side of things. You can try to offer more money but she might question it (hopefully not in a bad way).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »
I think Aadras suggestion is a beautiful idea :) And she will know how much he is appreciated.

Congrats on tracking him down he is a gorgeous guy!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
Wow!  What a great find!  I agree, she sold him in the lot, as toys, for toy prices.  You need not do anything besides let her know how much it was appreciated!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
Wow, what a steal!  Congrats :D

Post Merge: April 18, 2015, 02:56:22 PM

ETA:  And I don't mean a 'steal' as in stolen, lol.  You paid what the seller was asking and you are going to give him a good home.  Enjoy your buy :D :D

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »
I think that the suggestion of sending a thank you note is a classy solution that should help your conscience without opening a can of worms you likely don't want to deal with. The thing with vintage toys that aren't in stores anymore is that their value ultimately ends up being the intersection between a buyer's want (or budget) and a seller's asking price. If a seller wants to get top dollar for the items they have for sale, there are resources out there to help them do that. I can totally understand wanting to make sure they don't feel cheated. The challenge becomes doing that without making them look or feel foolish... and that can be very challenging via text, especially when you already have the item.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a way to resolve your issue. In the meantime, enjoy your new Oakly. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:02:01 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »
Enjoy your find! I know, you might feel guilty, but your keeping him, right? Be happy you got such a great deal on a rare piece. :-)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »
Thanks everyone.
I like the thank you letter idea, I`ll have to ask her for her address.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »
WOW!!! Congrats! :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »
Congrats! What a great find. I agree, don't send her more money. If she wanted top dollar she would have researched and put it on ebay. I'm knowledgeable about ponies and other toys that I collect but everything else I have no idea about so they get donated and I hope they go to someone that appreciates them. If I wanted to research every little item I would have. She's just getting rid of old toys so don't worry about it. She might feel weird if you send her more money and start to question her decision to sell it so cheap. I think a thank you note to tell her how much you appreciate him is a wonderful idea. :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »
What a great score! I totally agree a little thank you note might just mean the world to them to know the item is going to be well loved :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal