collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC G2s to be send in an envelope ...  (Read 990 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
MOC G2s to be send in an envelope ...
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »
I am posting my story in the hope somebody else might learn from my mistake as well. ;)

I won an Ebay auction for a pair of MOC G2 twins. The card pictured in the auction was flawless. The only shipping option available (in other words, the one I agreed to when placing a bid) was "merchandise shipment". "Merchandise shipment" is a type of German domestic economy shipping where the item is packed loosely into either a padded or a non-padded envelope. The envelope must not be sealed. Insurance is not included.

The letterboxes in the house where I have rented a student flat are so narrow that the card with the ponies would need to be bend and squashed along the sides in order to be pushed into the box.

After winning the auction, I contacted the seller thrice over the course of five days asking them to send the item in a box as "domestic parcel shipment". Each time I requested a new invoice that included the higher shipping costs. They ignored my requests. Instead, they replied with the original invoice and no further comment.

I then called Ebay customer service and asked about how I should proceed. They advised me to pay for the item and to open a case if the item arrived in a damaged condition.

I have paid via Paypal and I am now waiting for the envelope containing the MOC twins. Since I will be at university (at my office job), I won't be able to intercept the postman. And since the postmen are alternating almost daily, I have no possibility of cautioning them in advance. All I can do is glue a note to the letterbox asking the postman who delivers the envelope to try and find a neighbour who will keep the envelope for me. Chances for that, however, are very slim.

Lesson learned: Next time, I will not buy an item if I have not been able to agree on a different domestic shipping option prior to placing a bid. :blush:

I am, however, unable to understand why the seller refuses to communicate, and why they refuse to accept a different shipping option. Nowadays, the nearest mail box for dispatching an envelope is as close as the nearest post office or post agent that will dispatch a parcel for you (particuarly in Hamburg, where the seller is located).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:52:26 AM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MOC G2s to be send in an envelope ...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Yikes! That is terrible! As a seller myself I absolutely do not understand why people don't respond to their buyers.  I'm so so sorry for you.  I'll keep my fingers crossed your post man will read your note and be careful! 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:02:39 AM by silverdawn »

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
wow I really do not understand why the seller does not want to communicate!! You ask to change the shipping method and are ready to pay the price for, the seller should be happy for this!!

I really hope you will receive your MOC in good shape  :hug: :hug:
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 05:12:16 AM »
:whoa: Good communication with buyers is so important! It's worrying that your seller doesn't want to respond or even send the ponies in the way you ask - especially since its an MOC item and you can open a case if it gets damaged, plus you are offering to pay the seller the higher cost of postage for a safer method to avoid damage in transit :blink:
I hope that somehow  your ponies arrive safely :hug: please let us know how it goes

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 06:55:39 AM »
I hope your ponies arrive to you safely and not damaged. Good luck :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Keep us updated please!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »
Thanks everyone! <3

I've finally received a reply from the seller. They claim to have overlooked the messages I had added to the first three "ask the seller a question"- and "request total"-emails. (I'm not saying, I don't believe them, but it doesn't make their communication any better.) They have sent the twins in a slightly sturdier cardboard envelope, so I am hoping (still somewhat against hope) for the best.

Will keep you updated!

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »
I did have a MOC G2 sent to me in an Envelope from Europe, but I requested it  that way, to save on shipping charges and It was not a super rare one and the Moc was not in super mint condition to start with ,so I took the chance to get her over here like that, she was very well packaged  ,there was thick cardboard on top and on the bottom of the moc :) ,so she arrived in great shape :).
but for a rare Moc I would not risk it.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 04:28:55 AM »
:hug: well.. I guess we cant say for sure if the seller is telling the truth or not but at least they are actually sending the ponies in a sturdier envelope, so it gives them more of a chance to arrive ok  *is still hoping for the best* :hope:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal