collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 06:23:24 AM »
What happens when I attempt to type on my tablet >< Sorry for the typos xD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »
:P

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
Thank you Taffeta :) I'm okay now kinda, just got a bit frustrated. I will try not to let it affect me but I do think I need a break, I've had a string of bad sellers this year.

Another similar thing happened actually, a seller on here sent me a box of moc g1s in December and they arrived with the box semi open and a couple pieces of screwed up newspaper thrown in  :shocked: the mib perfume puff I bought got damaged. The seller agreed to refund me $52.50 which was for partial refund on the pony and shipping + an overcharge of about $12 shipping she owed me. Anyway long story short she has been ignoring me for the last 3 months and no refund. So she basically decided to screw me over. So naturally I am afraid it will happen again :(

I agree I don't want a huge big argument, I just want my money. I'm not sure of her personal situation but she could at least be apologetic and nicer to me. I know she can't pay me cause it was a dutch holiday and she usually goes shopping for ponies on this day at stalls. Oh well... can't do anything about it except wait. She did say she'd pay either Thursday or Monday, Thursday is gone so I'm guessing it's Monday. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Houstoncollector72, Galactica, and Artemesia Floc :) appreciate it :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:14:54 AM by dollhands »
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Her pony shopping should be on the back burner after she pays someone back for her negligence. -_-

Don't let her forget about you at least.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Her pony shopping should be on the back burner after she pays someone back for her negligence. -_-

Don't let her forget about you at least.

Agreed.

Whenever Dollhands feels comfortable and if it is okay with the mods, I feel like the seller's name needs to be shared with the pony community.  As I said in an earlier post, everyone makes mistakes, but it is how one deals with a mistake that makes a difference and this seller's lack of professionalism is appalling.  I know I would never want to buy from this seller.  I hope the seller does what is right and refunds Dollhands for the damage due to poor packaging- it should be a priority with no excuses.  It is hard enough to see pictures of a rare pony damaged, but even more upsetting to read about the ordeal Dollhands is still going through. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Mods seem pretty okay with that here, lenient with sharing names.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Mods seem pretty okay with that here, lenient with sharing names.

We allow SCREEN NAMES not real names.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
I'd just share her ebay name.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
This is so.  It's really is hard to look at the before and after pics of that beautiful MOC.  In the case of MOCs, the packaging IS the product.  It's negligent to use a box too small, and negligent to use a box not strong enough to take rough handling.  If you can't basically give the box a gentle drop-kick and have the item unharmed, then it's not packaged up to standard.

It's also a bit of a crime against ponies to damage rare items-- if you're a functioning adult, and have some idea of what they mean to collectors.  I can imagine how distressing this must be for you to go through something like this and have it drag on and on. 

(Personally I feel like she should offer you a full refund of the price and let you keep the pony...  I'd feel I should do that for a buyer if I was responsible for wrecking their purchase!)  But I guess that's often not how it works out.  :(

I think it would be warranted to publish her ebay name and other alias screen names.  I suppose you've tried to go through the resolution centre with ebay?  If she's a highly rated seller you'd think she would care about her feedback.

And it's extra awful that you've gone through something similar before... my heart breaks a little at the thought of damaged mibs.  I hope there is some karma out there and you find a nice Mimic or something in a thrift store.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Sorry yeah, that's what I meant! I've been in communities where that's an absolute no not ever unless proven scammer so I kind of marvel at how different it is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
Thank you Daffodil101 :) It is very sad :(

Update: I got the refund finally, though she didn't send it as a gift so I got charged fees. :( I'm happy I got it but was shocked she made me pay the fees.

Not sure if I should post her name, I'm worried about it. Will think on it :) Thanks everyone for the advice and support.  :lovey:
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I'm happy you got your refund (although disappointing to hear about the fees). At least it's over with now.

If you don't share the name publicly, would you share privately?

I think the way the seller handled everything was disappointing, all the way to the end with the fees. A lot of times sales go smooth, we get our items, and we are happy. But when things go south, that is when we know if a seller is actually a good seller or not by how they handle the situation. And maybe this seller isn't a "bad" seller, but they do a few things that are disappointing. The lack of padding in the box, and the fees, are the things that worry me most.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal