collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.  (Read 8721 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »
Insurance is a great idea.  Fingers crossed that this package had it!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »

So sorry you're going though this. I have to say, I don't believe the seller is completely at fault. Yes, she should have added more padding, but from the look of that box, no amount of padding would have saved it. For expensive purchases, I recommend insurance. If there is, start the claim. Hope it works out in the end. Also, remember that sellers are not required to offer partial refunds. Looks like you may have to return it for a full refund.

Huh? So then use the appropriate box and use padding and support. How the heck is that anyone's fault but the sellers? If you want to talk about fault of the buyer the only possible thing would not be how it arrived but what they can do after with insurance. The seller's packaging was disgusting and it could have been prevented absolutely.

They aren't saying it's the buyers fault but that it's the fault of the postal service. And in a way it's true. If this person is well known they probably mail stuff regularly and couldn't have anything like this happen before without it being known.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
And this is exactly why I refuse to send anything without insurance overseas.

I have had one potential buyer after another try to bully or wringe and whine about my shipping costs for international, because they include insurance, and international insurance is expensive. . . 

Not that this isn't the seller's fault for packing it so pathetically.  Had the box been bigger, and the item better padded, it may have saved the MOC a little bit better.  But the package should've been insured.  Period.  If it is insured, then your best guess will be going after the insurance.  The crushed box is the postal company's fault.  The poor packing and too small box is the seller's fault.  But always insure your packages, especially international packages.

My buyer and I nearly lost a Brazil Heartthrob, the only thing that saved her WAS the insurance and tracking, which told the buyer WHERE the pony was, so she could ring them up and figure out what was going on.  ^^  And it also protects over major damage.  Yes, custom fees, yes, it's expensive, but peace of mind. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
Wow- it looks like someone STEPPED on that box! How terrible!

I too, hope it was insured. 

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
That was a bad packing job.  You should always pack with the expectation of a package getting mistreated.  Just this week I got a MOC pony in the mail from overseas.  The box was very badly damaged(not as bad as this box, but up there), and looked like it had either been stepped on, or had a *very* heavy weight dropped on it.  I opened up the box expecting the worst, but the item inside was perfectly fine.  The seller packed it correctly, and it made it here ok despite the post office.

There are two things this item needed to survive the gauntlet of international mail, and the seller didn't provide either.  It needs space and padding.  Space around the item gives the impact force from postal handling somewhere to go without directly hitting the item, and padding absorbs the force before it does any damage.  Empty space in a box is just damage waiting to happen, and any part of the item that is directly touching the wall of the box is a spot that's going to be taking whatever the post office dishes out directly.  Cramming an expensive item into a box that barely fit it and then not bothering to pad it properly is 100% on the seller.  It's like when my mom sent me a crystal dish, didn't pack it well, and was SHOCKED that it didn't make it to me in one piece because she wrote "fragile" on the box. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »

I think when it's a lot of money involved, it's definitely better to pay a little more for insurance than take the risk and lose the lot.

The trouble we have with tracking is that, if it picks up a customs charge, our local depot is in the habit of signing for it, so it goes through as delivered before I've even seen it. Imagine what that does to a potential insurance claim or anything else. Fortunately I haven't had a major issue, yet, but they did almost lose one of my dolls once that they had already signed for ><.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:41 PM »
lol. Absolutely ridiculous to me that the post office is being blamed for the seller using a flimsy box which most of us know will very likely result in that outcome. If you have ever considered what it's like for boxes to be shipped for 2 seconds you would know better. I can't even believe people are trying to say that. You know packages will be in the mix with many other heavy packages.

100% fault of the seller in my eyes. 100. Ridiculous.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 05:23:02 PM »

I think when it's a lot of money involved, it's definitely better to pay a little more for insurance than take the risk and lose the lot.

The trouble we have with tracking is that, if it picks up a customs charge, our local depot is in the habit of signing for it, so it goes through as delivered before I've even seen it. Imagine what that does to a potential insurance claim or anything else. Fortunately I haven't had a major issue, yet, but they did almost lose one of my dolls once that they had already signed for ><.

I remember stalking a giant box I sent to you. I panicked for 2 weeks!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm still very upset  :cry: Trying to process everything but I wanted to write a post to acknowledge that I saw your comments and appreciate them. :) Will reply properly later tonight.

Very small update; the seller saw my message on facebook about 14 hours ago but I have not received a reply yet.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »
What a terrible shame  :huh:

I feel like this pony was destined to be damaged due to the extremely careless packaging and choice of flimsy box.  :( I am a strong advocate of insurance, but in this situation, insurance or no insurance, this pony was put into a box that she did not properly fit into before even making it to the Post Office.  That is of no fault of the Post Office, but it is the seller's poor choice to begin with. 

It is disappointing that the seller did not take more care into packing such a valuable collectable, especially if he/she is well known and sells vintage toys.  Also, I personally feel like any item going overseas needs additional protection due to a long journey and customs sorting facilities.  When I went overseas, I felt squished, so I can only imagine what a parcel faces.  International parcels are sorted amongst hundreds and probably thousands of other parcels, so it would make logical sense as a seller to expect at least some impact to the box.

I also feel like the seller photo shows a different pony than the one that was received.  The bubble on the one that arrived looks yellow compared to the one in the seller photo. 

So sorry this has happened.  Everyone makes mistakes, but to me it is HOW one handles them that makes a difference- and I feel like this seller really needs to step it up.  I think a partial refund would be the best resolution, otherwise it will take additional costs to send the pony back.  But if the seller does not agree to a partial refund, then I would definitely make sure the pony is sent back tracked/insured and I feel that the seller should cover that cost in full.

I hope he/she responds soon, and I hope for the very best outcome possible in this situation. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »

I feel like this pony was destined to be damaged due to the extremely careless packaging and choice of flimsy box.  :( I am a strong advocate of insurance, but in this situation, insurance or no insurance, this pony was put into a box that she did not properly fit into before even making it to the Post Office.  That is of no fault of the Post Office, but it is the seller's poor choice to begin with. 

It is disappointing that the seller did not take more care into packing such a valuable collectable, especially if he/she is well known and sells vintage toys.  Also, I personally feel like any item going overseas needs additional protection due to a long journey and customs sorting facilities.  When I went overseas, I felt squished, so I can only imagine what a parcel faces.  International parcels are sorted amongst hundreds and probably thousands of other parcels, so it would make logical sense as a seller to expect at least some impact to the box.

I also feel like the seller photo shows a different pony than the one that was received.  The bubble on the one that arrived looks yellow compared to the one in the seller photo. 

So sorry this has happened.  Everyone makes mistakes, but to me it is HOW one handles them that makes a difference- and I feel like this seller really needs to step it up.  I think a partial refund would be the best resolution, otherwise it will take additional costs to send the pony back.  But if the seller does not agree to a partial refund, then I would definitely make sure the pony is sent back tracked/insured and I feel that the seller should cover that cost in full.

I hope he/she responds soon, and I hope for the very best outcome possible in this situation. 

I like that we're Tumblr buddies and we think a lot alike.  :thumb:
Agree completely with you.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »

I'm actually not on Tumblr- must be someone else!   ;)

But thank you, I sure do hope this situation gets resolved in the best way possible.  We all cherish these ponies whether MOC or loose and it is sad to see one damaged :(
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »

I'm actually not on Tumblr- must be someone else!   ;)

But yes, I sure do hope this situation gets resolved in the best way possible.  We all cherish these ponies whether MOC or loose and it is sad to see one damaged :(

Oh weird! Now that I think of it I think her name is Starglowmlp on here or something close to that. :lol:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
I'm so sorry this happened to you, Dollhands  :(  I can't begin to imagine the disappointment.

I feel like this pony was destined to be damaged due to the extremely careless packaging and choice of flimsy box.  :( I am a strong advocate of insurance, but in this situation, insurance or no insurance, this pony was put into a box that she did not properly fit into before even making it to the Post Office. 

It is disappointing that the seller did not take more care into packing such a valuable collectable, especially if he/she is well known and sells vintage toys. 

So sorry this has happened.  Everyone makes mistakes, but to me it is HOW one handles them that makes a difference

These points above of Brightglowpony's are very much in tune with my own. I'm truly astonished at the choice of box and lack of protection for the item.  Rubbish handling of the postal services aside, a lot of the damage could have been minimised if the pony was packaged properly. I really hope a satisfactory resolution can be reached  :hug:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 01:37:19 AM »
^^ agreee withthe above. I hope the seller will do the right thing to fix her mistake. I think if she doesnt you should let us know who the seller is so buyers can thread with caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal