collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: new Rainbow Brite dolls/toys!!! do you live near a Hallmark store ?  (Read 28915 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: new Rainbow Brite dolls/toys!!! do you live near a Hallmark store ?
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »
They've closed a ton of stores here so I hope the remaining stores stay open or I'll be out of luck. My closest Hallmark is 25 min away and there are 2 by my hubby's work that are 45 min away. Better than nothing but not convenient to be checking regularly, especially in this freezing and snowy weather, lol.

Yeah, there is one that is about 40 minutes away for me, but round trip 80 minutes and WAY more if traffic... just too far to justify.  I did go once, after calling in advance to see if they would have what I was looking for!   I would definitely not go without calling ahead...

I finally broke down and got the Hallmark rainbow Unicorn (that Wallmart was evidently selling) and the little POP Rainbow Brite and Tickled Pink figures, that Kmart had, on the secondary market.  I would have loved to find them in person, but never saw them!

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
I'd also love to see a Moonglow. I have to order online also and there's no Hallmark store within 2-3 hours of me.  I saw on the website that Hallmark is selling a Rainbow Brite DVD with the TV episodes but there are a lot of complaints about trouble playing the DVD in players, episodes being edited and missing the original song and bad quality overall (colors look washed out and faded) Has anyone gotten the Hallmark DVD and watched it?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
I'd also love to see a Moonglow. I have to order online also and there's no Hallmark store within 2-3 hours of me.  I saw on the website that Hallmark is selling a Rainbow Brite DVD with the TV episodes but there are a lot of complaints about trouble playing the DVD in players, episodes being edited and missing the original song and bad quality overall (colors look washed out and faded) Has anyone gotten the Hallmark DVD and watched it?

Ponyfan

I was tempted- but I read the same comments.  It's too bad they didn't remaster them.  I have the episodes on some other DVD, but I suspect they are bootleg so I'd love to have a legit copy.  I used to have some on VHS but no longer have a VHS player!

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
Thanks Galactia . I might still order the DVD when I have some extra money. I wish they would have remastered the episodes too. I watched most of them on YouTube and only remember a couple episodes not being good quality but that was probably due to them being copied from VHS copies.

Ponyfan

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
I have the Rainbow Brite series on DVD and I'm trying to remember where I got it. I feel like I bought it somewhat recently. I'll have to keep an eye out if I see it in any stores again. I haven't watched it yet so I can't comment on the quality.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
I got the DVD for free (used my Hallmark points) but I have not had a chance to watch it yet. When I do I will let you know if it is terrible or not. That is a shame that they wouldn't make an attempt to clean it up before. Anything for a buck I guess :/

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2018, 02:21:23 PM »
My local store has all of the new stuff. I usually get two of everything, one for my baby girl and one for me. We got Puppy Brite for Christmas and picked up two carriers and a Murky/Lurky book (only one because she doesn't seem to care about the Itty Bitties). The baby Sprites were there too, but I am not sure if I am going to collect them. This was about a week before Christmas that everything was in stock.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »
Thank you Shy Violet and Icey. :) I really want to know how the quality is on the DVD. I know Mill Creek’s Maxie’s World was kind of bad but still watchable.

Ponyfan

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2018, 04:51:48 PM »
I was able to track down all the new stuff! Hubby found Murky and Lurky for me. I found Puppy Brite and the baby sprites the week before.  :biggrin:

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2018, 04:55:09 PM »
Hooray! I always get excited when I find things. I actually squealed in Target once and I swear the electronics guy rolled his eyes. It was totally involuntary too, I was just so excited - LOL!

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »

Ponyfan

I decided to buy the dvd from Hallmark since I don't want to open my special edition one. Watching it now. It's playing fine on my dvd/blu ray player. The colors are definitely washed out and the quality is not great so it doesn't look digitally restored or anything. I'm still enjoying it though. Haven't noticed any missing songs yet but I'm only on The Beginning of Rainbowland so far and it's been so long since I watched these I'm not sure if I would know if a song was missing. I'm really curious now to know if my special edition set is better quality.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal