collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any old school customizers still around? :)  (Read 8012 times)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
Re: Any old school customizers still around? :)
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
Hope this isn't too off topic... thought it might be okay since it's still discussing oldschool customs.  :blush:

I own a few customs by (what I assume) to be old school customizers.  :) Lady Minty (Monkey Business) and Sevenbelles (Trick or Treat)... I wish there was still an archive of all their work! I also have a couple of customs I got around 2006(?) that I have no knowledge of who made them. If anyone knows who they are/if they're still around I'd love to know.  ^.^

These are NOT my photos, they're from the original auctions and I had them in an ancient photobucket.
I was quite young when I (begged mom to buy them) got these so I don't remember a lot about the auctions themselves.  ^^;

Onyx
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I remember her name and that's it. The tree lights up!

Spooky

I think this one was named Spooky in the original auction... I don't know anything else about them.

I don't have any photos of the last custom I got in that time period but I'll try to describe her.
Similar to how Onyx has a halloween themed base she has a christmas themed one as well as a light up christmas tree. She's a pink G3 pony still with it's original butterfly symbol and I think it's original hair (she's packed away atm so I'm not sure) and she has huge blue sculpted wings. Her base has a magnet to attach her to otherwise the wings are too heavy and she topples over.

If anyone can properly ID these gals please let me know!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:51:32 AM by Hannah66665 »

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:17 PM »
nickeline!! I love your work! I always wanted to add one to my collection. It's nice to see old school customizers poke their head in!
I still customize, but I swear I get slower and less motivated every year.

also OMG ERUNA!! I have ended up with both of your Alien ponies, and they are some of my favorite custom acquisitions! I am so happy to see you still occasionally customize

Yay!!! I'm so glad you still love her! :)
Jupi has to keep a close eye on them - she knows one day I'll sneak into her house and liberate one to come and live in my collection ;) Its wonderful to see you still make ponies! I've always loved your work!!

Nickeline, its so lovely to see you back!! Your Medusa custom has always been one of my all time favourite customs ^.^ I think the concept and execution are brilliant!

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »
This thread makes me happy! Nickeline, I remember your pony stockings and iPods, I think i bought one of each for some customs I had worked on, I know I gave the iPod to my sister with a custom I made for her birthday. One of us still has it!

I remember all those old customizers too, I love their work. There are still some whose work I'd love to add to my collection! I made a few customs years ago, and participated in a number of custom swaps that were so much fun. I still have all my old customizing supplies too, and would love to get back into it. It's probably been almost 6 years since I've done anything, did university in that time and just haven't had the time or space lately to work on anything.

I wonder where some of my customs have ended up!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 07:37:10 AM »
I've been customizing since 2005 but I didn't join the Arena until 2009. Some of the names listed here are very familiar to me. :) It's sad so many have retired, but I'm also happy to see quite a lot of us still hanging around, even if less active.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
I remember most of those names, but I am a slow customizer, so I imagine no one's heard of me lol. I have noticed customizers have been coming and going back and forth over the years. Life is that way, especially as we all get older and have families and jobs, etc.

That said, I hope I'm always around, even if I'm not the most prolific customizer!

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »
I never achieved a skill or name recognition level as many of the other customizers mentioned, but I am still around.  I still customize, but don't really share my work on the boards or DA anymore.   

I own customs by most of those original customizers.  Their work was next level, in my opinion, and I really miss seeing new customs from them.  So many excellent artists have come and gone...I miss Kanthaka, Albur-Lily, DianaArcuri, sammytvr, lovelauraland, woosie, Trillion, EPonyArt, bee-chan, DGRequiem, pop-girl, ebethalan, sweetlittlejenny, sprightly, dragonstar, aeracura, barkingmadd, and so many more. 

I'm still around off and on. Surprised to see my name mentioned,  :blush:  thank you, though the rest of that list are people I remember and miss as well. They were some of my favorites. I do customs from time to time but have gotten verrry slow at completing projects. My inspiration runs a bit low nowadays. Especially with life's recent curveballs I actually had to back out of a commission. I'd like to get back into customizing but not everyone has the patience to wait forever for a project to be finished.
There are still a few customizers around though that I have to check out when I see their posts pop up.

Here are a couple of my most recent works.

(I would have put my pics under a spoiler tab but it seems I have no idea how to do that. :huh:)

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline nickeline

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.bottlefingers.com
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:56 AM »
Hi Jupi and Talismarr! Great to see you 2 still around :)

and thanks so much for the compliment on my medusa pony, Princess of Darkness :)

Someday soon I hope to get nickelinescustoms.com up and running again--just to have the pics there for posterity. I still have the domain, but some years back the database that runs the photo layout ran into problems and I never had the chance to fix it so I just took it offline.
Hey, long time no see. I used to make stockings and corsets for custom ponies. Nowadays I make glass jewelry: www.bottlefingers.com

Offline DreamBlue

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:05 AM »
I just came back. Been having an urge to do a new custom, as I haven't done one in a loooong time. Years even. Car got stolen then got pregnant right after that whoopee! :blink: Now it's just finding the time and gathering the supplies. Good to see some old school peeps are still around. :)
This was one of the last ones I posted here in 2010, wow that was a long time ago  :lookround:

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
I miss my Woosie customs :*(

Firefeliness

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »
I've just come back and remember you! I would love to see Woosie customs again, she was amazing :)  I too have a Trillion pony, was very lucky to arrange a private swap with her years back. Looking forward to posting a new custom soon

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 12:36:06 AM »
I've just come back and remember you! I would love to see Woosie customs again, she was amazing :)  I too have a Trillion pony, was very lucky to arrange a private swap with her years back. Looking forward to posting a new custom soon

Nice to read from you - your cuddling mom and baby pair are still doing well in my class cabinet

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »
Nickeline! Daahhhhling, Where have you been?!
I missed you meng!
I saw this thread ages ago and tried to comment on it back when it was only half a page long. But life likes to do roundhouse kicks. I can't wait to see new works from you!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
*waves*
 :)

Kar runs the Big Apple Pony Con now...she was at the Nashville MLP Fair promoting it...but I don't think she's doing as much customizing of ponies. Woosie has retired.
I knew Kar was busy with that, but I didn't know what had happened with Woosie! I don't even think I've seen her around the boards much anymore....? Did she retire from ponies completely?

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 05:52:06 PM »
*waves*
 :)

Kar runs the Big Apple Pony Con now...she was at the Nashville MLP Fair promoting it...but I don't think she's doing as much customizing of ponies. Woosie has retired.
I knew Kar was busy with that, but I didn't know what had happened with Woosie! I don't even think I've seen her around the boards much anymore....? Did she retire from ponies completely?

Pretty much. As I understand it, and I could be wrong. it's been such a long time. She hit on some hard medical and financial times And I believe the death of a parent. She just couldn't devote any more time to ponies. She might have been burned out on them too.

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 05:23:40 AM »
*waves* I remember you :) I'm still around but don't get too much time to customise having had two kids since 2011 (younges t is 7 weeks). I always manage to make a few for Ponycon and the charity auctions but not many beyond those. I miss joining in swaps.

- Gaspode

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal