collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you get a Mimic exactly?  (Read 6756 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get a Mimic exactly?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »
I got mine for a $7 bin on ebay about 2 years ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »
Ive been looking in auction lots for her, seeing if anyone doesnt realize what they are selling! She is probably my G1 grail. I love TE  ponies soooo much and I have got to collect all of them someday!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2015, 06:58:19 AM »
I just paid the usual price for her a few years ago, around $80. She was a birthday present to me, from myself! :P I am envious of those who managed to get her for cheap.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »
Other then the fact that she's a sort of Collector's Status symbol and starred in an episode, I really don't get the  crazy triple dollar price tag and high demand. Like Rapunzel, I personally don't like the way she looks. But to each their own and she is certainly exotic, I might be more interested if she was a vibrant green and not that pale green tinted white.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »
Fleamarket.  I paid $1 or maybe $2 for her I think...   :biggrin:

The thing is, that Mimic is not RARE she is just POPULAR.  SO the chances of finding her in the wild are just as good as any other twinkle eye pony (which is to say not super common, but not impossible)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
I would love a Mimic, but not for $$$

I'll wait and hope I find one in the wild :)

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2015, 12:31:20 PM »
I bought one for not much that had a slight haircut in the mane, then PKW kindly repaired the cut bits for me with genuine pony hair, so she's as good as new! Obviously if I was going to resell her I would say about the rehair so she wouldn't be worth the big bucks, but that wouldn't bother me, and I won't ever sell my ponies anyway!!! I don't have the money to buy perfect condition ponies, so I don't mind getting the cheaper ones that need a bit fixing up!! Especially as there's lovely people (PKW  :biggrin:) who are so talented at doing all those repairs!!

Jules x
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:56:59 PM by Juliepants »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »
I got my Mimic on a BIN out of British Columbia, Canada at about 2am for $9.99 :) she had a little mousie nibble to her horn and hoof, hence the low price from the seller. Once she arrived I carefully filed her horn and the hoof to smooth them a little. She was perfect otherwise and even still had her pink streak and the shine on her eyes. She now lives with my best pony friend here on the Arena and I know she's appreciated the way she should be :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2015, 07:57:34 PM »
Follow a search on eBay involving Mimic :)
Except I don't do auctions/ bids. I'm a BIN person  :biggrin:
That's all I've been getting lately was dumb auctions ever since I've started following the search, either that or obnoxiously priced BINs 6_9
Until 1 night at 2:19 am (CST) ,I was awake when I got an email from eBay stating a Mimic has popped up for $119 BIN...my jaw dropped because that was in my price range, but the problem was I had already spent my money on other things >_< I was ticked off  :mad: I couldn't ask my boyfriend because he was sleeping ,so I turned to ANOTHER person who was awake during the same time I was....my German penpal  :lol: I explained to him that this was one of my grail ponies and how annoyed I was that I couldn't get her MYSELF, so I asked him to buy her for me and he did  ^.^ (heck he saved up enough money to come visit me, so why not? :P)

And now I have her :) I still find pretty cool that my friend is willing to spend that much money on me  :blush: and for a pony for that facg X_X

Aw, that's pretty cool!  :)

FreyaBunny19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
My mom bought me my Mimic off eBay in 2003/2004. I wish she was in better condition, but at the time I screamed from excitement because Mimic was a super grail of mine back then. She's still a proud piece in my collection. As a collector of many things, I can tell you that good things do come to those who wait. I collect Ball-Jointed dolls and it took 2 years for someone to list the doll I was after, and I finally got her. Just check back often and never give up! I know auctions are tricky though, especially for a popular items, I can't help much with that because I rarely bid - i always look for 2nd hand sales from collectors in need of quick cash who will sell off a valued pony/item.  :work:

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2015, 10:03:29 PM »
I got my Mimic on a BIN out of British Columbia, Canada at about 2am for $9.99 :) she had a little mousie nibble to her horn and hoof, hence the low price from the seller. Once she arrived I carefully filed her horn and the hoof to smooth them a little. She was perfect otherwise and even still had her pink streak and the shine on her eyes. She now lives with my best pony friend here on the Arena and I know she's appreciated the way she should be :)
You say you filed yours down? Did you use a certain grit of sandpaper or what because mine is the same way but I've been too nervous to mess with her. >_<

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2015, 06:23:22 AM »
A flea market back in 1995 for $1. :D

Only one I've ever found too.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline DashyMomma

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2015, 07:14:47 AM »
I found her at a flea-market!  She was a whopping $2

Holy Cow!!! That's one heck of a find! Pics?  :satisfied:
-DashyMomma
--Avatar ID?? I want to give credit to the artist. If you recognize the Avatar image/ know the artist, please PM me. thx everypony!!!
--Wish list: TAF baby Sweet Tooth, Spanish Milky Way, 7 Tales ponies and Jewellery Baby Ponies.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2015, 08:03:20 AM »
If I keep hunting for her, I will most certainly find her!  So the hunt continues...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »
You say you filed yours down? Did you use a certain grit of sandpaper or what because mine is the same way but I've been too nervous to mess with her. >_<

I actually used a nail buffer with varying degrees of grit...it was pretty fun polishing a unicorn's horn!! I found sanding it from below to the point was the best way and didn't use the really coarse side, just the 2 fine sides and the buffer....and a LOT of patience!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal