collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you get a Mimic exactly?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get a Mimic exactly?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
Save up! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
Be patient. I found mine for a good price on here because she wasn't perfect.

If you wait long enough you will find a cheap lot or a good BIN.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
I was really lucky with Mimic, since it was the first pony trade I did online and at the time I had no idea that she was so problematic to get, because she wasn't sold over here. I traded one of the rarer UK ponies for her, I think, and I basically asked the other person what she wanted for it and let her choose what she thought a fair trade would be, so I didn't know she was tricky. I just knew I really wanted one O.o.

BUT after that time I found one at a local carboot sale for about £1, which should NOT happen in the UK!

And I think I had one other Mimic in my time running my pony shoppe in a lot of ponies I bought for some complete other pony, and she turned out to be quite saleable.  I think I got $60 for her.

The bottom line with looking for Mimic is that it could be fluke luck, but, at the same time, it might be that you can increase your odds of finding her for a lower price by doing less specific searches on ebay. Instead of searching "Mimic" try "green pony with parrot" or "parrot my little pony" or "pony with gem eyes" or all kinds of different variations. Some people do not bother to look up names, and those ponies can go for a lower price. Also, as someone else said, look out for the BINs. I remember someone getting a MOC Baby CJ for $30 because of one of them. It's all about timing xD

That said, it's harder to do that these days because of the pictures on the left of the links. It is much easier now to see what is in a lot without clicking on it. Still, though, be patient and persevere. She is WELL WORTH the getting, but make sure when you get her, you pay the price YOU are happy with, and she is in the condition YOU want her to be.

Good luck!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »
I watched her for awhile on a website where I buy toys from and figured I couldn't afford her. So I would just look at her every so often. I ended up going to a comic con one year and this girl had one for $70, but her head and body were slightly different colors and I could not deal with that. After seeing her in person, I wanted her more than I did before. So I contacted the girl with the website and because I ordered more toys she gave me a discount. I think I ended up getting her for $60. She has some small flaws, but they are ones that I can overlook. I am quite happy with her.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
Well.
You go deep into the darkest depths of the amazon jungle. After bribing two men, who speak no English with Reeses Pieces, they will take you to the temple of Ingangjoooliegooliegotcha where fake marzipan and twinkle eyes. There, you will fight rabid parrots for days, until you are seen to be the winner.
From there, you are flown by the ugliest parrot to a rubber volcano, where you will both plunge into the depths, and be made into a Mimic Pony.

Or, eBay.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:10 AM »
I found her at a flea-market!  She was a whopping $2

:shocked: That person really had no idea of the treasure they were selling!

*freak: ONLY 2 DOHRAHZ!?? I would seriously have a HEART ATTACK.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 04:42:51 AM »
I was lucky I guess, If she wasn't a set-completer I would have ignored her. Even so, I paid $70 (at a time she was fetching $150 plus)and she developed a bleach-mark on her hind leg from remove-zit AFTER she arrived...the person I got her of was banned from her not long after anyway. I must say she is WAAAAAYYYYY prettier than any photo can do her justice

ps. Loa is having one of *those* weeks...
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »
I think I'll add Mimic to my list of ponies to look for at the fair. I'm hoping to only spend $250 though so I may not end up getting her if everyone has her priced at $90+.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 07:06:58 AM »
I never thought I would have a Mimic. I swear I wrote her off as the very last ponies I would have because of her high price.
I did a custom for a friend which turned out me doing more customs for her. I now customize a pony every year for her. She knew I loved Mimic and she bought her for me as a gift. She is one of my best friends now. Shes not really into ponies but she does collect china.
I still have that mimic and when I first got her I was just in awe. I swear I must of looked at her for a few hours. I thought it was a dream.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »
Practice! Wait, sorry. That's how you get to Carnegie Hall. >_>

Patience really is key along with good bargain hunting.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 05:45:07 PM »
Spot Mimic in someone's living room window, knock on the door with your parents and ask if they'd sell her but they instead give you the pony.   True story.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 07:31:09 PM »
Spot Mimic in someone's living room window, knock on the door with your parents and ask if they'd sell her but they instead give you the pony.   True story.

:dropjaw: Best.Mimic.Story.EVER.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »

Wait.  WHAT?!?! How did you see..when was this.. just what?!  :whoa:
I'm stunned!

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »

Wait.  WHAT?!?! How did you see..when was this.. just what?!  :whoa:
I'm stunned!

It was around fifteen years ago.  I was out doing some door to door volunteer work with my aunt and I spotted Mimic.  My mom and stepdad were coming to town to visit and I told them about Mimic so we left my apartment and went over, taking a bag of ponies to see if the householder might trade or sell her if Mimic wasn't already the favorite of a kid in the house.   Turned out it was a little old lady who worked at the Salvation Army and Mimic had been donated to the store.  She thought the pony was cute and no one else wanted her so she took her as a window decoration.  She didn't want my ponies or money but offered to give the pony.  She didn't look well off so my parents gave her some money anyway and I came back one day with a stuffed animal gift.  Mimic has sat in my collection shelves ever since and won't ever be leaving.  I recently lost my aunt who was with me when we discovered Mimic so the little green unicorn is even more special now.   
I'm on the road working for the next few weeks so I don't have a pic of the pony but she's in pretty good shape.  Hair is mint.  Parrot has a tiny spot damaged but no spots in the plastic.  Eyes don't have their sheen anymore but that's ok.  Body faded a bit, I guess because she lived in a window.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »
Wow FiddlePhan, that's an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal