collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 43629 times)

Offline loser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
I LOVE steven universe!!
I didn't love the earliest episodes," but i never stopped watching and everything continually got better, i haven't been disappointed at all.
I love garnet to death & i amethyst reminds me a lot of myself, but sweet pink lion baby has my heart  :inlove:
I think I've teared up over this show more than any other show I've watched, cartoon or not, oops... Definitely got sniffly over the newest episode  :(

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2015, 12:59:23 AM »
Great episode tonight!! Man, Ronaldo... you goof. XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:37 AM »
I don't like Amethyst's new outfit.
I'm glad I'm not the only one....its gonna take some getting used to. :(
Definitely! There was a close up shot of her and Garnet when they ported in and she had her old outfit on.  I just think the grey tunic was a better choice. Black seems too harsh on her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Princess Lala

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:35 AM »
Id like to see this show! I saw a lot of people dressed as Rose Quartz at Akon and I think the show looks funny!  It reminds me of Flapjack or Adventure Time! Is it like a kids show?

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2015, 08:20:25 AM »
It is a kids show, yes, but it's also sooo much more.  The first handful of episodes seem just really cute and fun, but it quickly jumps into some really emotional stuff.  All of it remains kid friendly but it's definately something that an adult audience can enjoy.

I also prefer Amethyst's original outfit.

Annnnd, I'm probably in the super minority but I've never really liked Connie.  Like I never outright hated her.. but I guess I just never really enjoyed her storylines and felt her episodes were boring (like I would literally sigh when I realized it was a Connie ep).  Sworn to the sword was good, but I'm not sure if that was because of Pearl or if she's finally going to win me over.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:32 AM »
Id like to see this show! I saw a lot of people dressed as Rose Quartz at Akon and I think the show looks funny!  It reminds me of Flapjack or Adventure Time! Is it like a kids show?
Its a cartoon yes. But a more mature cartoon IMO, nothing like Flapjack or Adventure Time :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »
I think it has a lot in common with Adventure Time-  but I can only take Adventure Time in small doses, as it can get very annoying and there is no real underlying story.

Steven Universe started out seeming like there was no underlying story- but then it becomes clear that there definitely is.

Loving the new season, can't wait to see what happens next-  seems like they are definitely building towards something BIG

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
I think it has a lot in common with Adventure Time-  but I can only take Adventure Time in small doses, as it can get very annoying and there is no real underlying story.

Steven Universe started out seeming like there was no underlying story- but then it becomes clear that there definitely is.

Loving the new season, can't wait to see what happens next-  seems like they are definitely building towards something BIG

todays episode is supposed to be pretty juicy as far as we know!   :freak: :cheer: :hearts:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »
I finally got to watch Sworn to the Sword and I thought it was cute :) I am totally in the minority, but it felt slightly boring to me, but oh well. Just kind of some sword fighting, a song, and Steven being cute. :silly: Am I the only one anticipating another episode with Ruby and Sapphire? I am DYING to get to know their characters more x3
And just for giggles I want to share one of my faaavorite fanart of SU

It seriously gets all my feels going with how precious it is xD And the grown up Steven is PERFECT :3 He looks so much like Rose, yet you can definitely see some Greg too :heart: The artist has done multiple pieces with her version of Steven grown up and they are to die forrrr xD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:14:48 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2015, 11:34:57 AM »
oh gawsh, MNN! That fan art is amazing and I want to see Steven grown up! We kind of got a glimpse of him growing up in one of the episodes, but I like that version much better! DAT HURR!

For those who don't watch it on TV, where do you want it at? I'd like to watch it from the beginning, but I'm unsure where to do that at.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »
Wow- that fanart is great!

I watch the older SU episodes on Hulu-  you can also watch older episodes or current LIVE episodes- directly on Cartoonnetwork http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/schedule/index.html

However, it is rare that i can catch a live show, so I usually find the new episode on Youtube

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2015, 12:08:27 PM »
Yeah I NEVER catch it on TV, so I always go to Youtube whenever I watch it. The quality isn't the greatest but it's good enough for me ;D

And another one just because I love it so much * 3 *
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »
OH GAWD! If I came across that Steven in real life... I'd prolly try to marry him. @_@

Post Merge: June 17, 2015, 03:01:23 PM

Anyone seen the pilot episode? I kiiiinda wish Amethyst had stayed that way. They were SO 80s and it was awesome! I like Steven better in the regular episodes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:01:23 PM by Ivaness »

Offline Starie

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
All the new episode except Renaldos almost had me in tears. Man Keeping It Together was so dark and horrifying jeez o_o This show is so good and I'm really excited for what tonights is going to be!

Though I'm more assured of Peridot's character as a "do it for science" experimenter who doesn't let morality get in the way of "technological' progress. Of course if there's one thing this show has taught, its that people are a lot more multi faceted than that.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »
Anyone seen the pilot episode? I kiiiinda wish Amethyst had stayed that way. They were SO 80s and it was awesome! I like Steven better in the regular episodes.
I have. Pearl was definitely pulling off the androgynous look XD and Garnet had a perm ;P  :lol:

All the new episode except Renaldos almost had me in tears. Man Keeping It Together was so dark and horrifying jeez o_o This show is so good and I'm really excited for what tonights is going to be!

Though I'm more assured of Peridot's character as a "do it for science" experimenter who doesn't let morality get in the way of "technological' progress. Of course if there's one thing this show has taught, its that people are a lot more multi faceted than that.
That's like the most emotional Garnet I have ever seen O.o and I have a feeling Peridot is working for someone :o
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal