Pony Talk > Off Topic

Steven Universe anyone?

(1/114) > >>

Elisto:
This show...I just don't even know what to say about it! It's amazing! Everything is brilliant and creative and wonderfully done! I'm not sure how a show can so consistently have major reveal after major reveal, episode after episode, for a whole season, and it never gets old and is exciting an emotional every single time. How do they do it?! I've been watching SU from the beginning, and I just can't even comprehend how it's possible to just continuously get better when it started off so strong to begin with.

Anyone else want to gush over it with me? I've tried to avoid any spoilers because this show just has to be experienced but I feel like no explanation of why it's great can be done without talking about what's happened!

Rainbowrific Renia:
We were just talking about this show in the chat last night!

I only recently (as in maybe a month or two ago) started watching it after a friend asked me "Why haven't you been watching this?  It's right up your alley!"  The thing is, I watch waaaayyy too many other shows, but with a few shows having ended, that freed up my watching space.  So I'm not totally caught up on it, but I'm getting there.

I don't mind spoilers at all, since the internet tends to make it a little hard to avoid those, especially for a show that so many people are watching.  I think I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't been watching since the beginning!  :lol:

I agree though, SU started off strong and just continues to be wonderful.  I'm glad I gave it a chance.

LadyMoondancer:
I looove Steven Universe!  I'm not caught up yet, but I'm getting there.

Who's your favorite gem?  Mine is Pearl.  But really, I love them all.

Elisto:
Garnet, and after yesterday's episode, even more so. It was something I was initially concerned that if they ever did with her character, it would fundamentally change her role in the story, but somehow it actually ended up making her even better for me.

candiedapples:
This is a great show! I love how it's influenced by stuff like magical girl shows and video games. I haven't been able to watch the new episodes that have aired this week, but hopefully can catch the reruns. I like how Steven looks up to three females as his role models, and how his powers are defensive and healing, but no one considers him to be weak because of it.

I like all the gems but Amethyst is my fave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version