collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charged too much for ebay shipping, seller not responding  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Charged too much for ebay shipping, seller not responding
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »

"Even if you bend over backwards you can never make every buyer happy" - Tribble79 they didn't do anything to make me happy! And another buyer has just left them negative feedback as well cos they didn't care about her complaint either!

Were you happy with the item that you purchased? If so there was an obvious try to make you happy. Which obviously means that the whole transaction did not deserve a negative feedback whether someone else left negative or not... Just saying

The other buyer had a damaged item if I understood correctly, which if not rectified deserved a negative...

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »
I don't think you deserve negative feedback Tribble.  As buyers it's our responsibility to find out costs first if they're not listed.  If she wasn't happy with the price, she should have asked to cancel the transaction, not gone ahead and got it and then complain about price after she'd already agreed to it.  It's up to you to set the price and up the the buyer to choose whether or not to buy.  You didn't break any ebay policies and considering your costs I don't think the price warrants complaint.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »
I don't think you deserve negative feedback Tribble.  As buyers it's our responsibility to find out costs first if they're not listed.  If she wasn't happy with the price, she should have asked to cancel the transaction, not gone ahead and got it and then complain about price after she'd already agreed to it.  It's up to you to set the price and up the the buyer to choose whether or not to buy.  You didn't break any ebay policies and considering your costs I don't think the price warrants complaint.

@Daffodil101... I wasn't the seller as I don't sell on ebay. This was gazzy90 who was upset with the shipping price a seller charged and the no response to her inquiries.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 05:44:15 AM »
Yep, Greece is included.  You can see them in the list on the link that lady Moondancer posted

http://www.webpronews.com/ebay-adds-more-countries-to-global-shipping-program-2014-03

They are a destination ship to country for the GSP. :)
Oh I know they are a destination for the US GSP, but I didn't see Greece anywhere on the UK auction.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 08:20:46 AM »
Everyone has given really good advice here.  I think all I can add is, if 4 euros is "a lot of money" then it's going to be very frustrating down the road as a Ebay seller when you misquote postage, and you have to pay out of pocket to mail an item.  Because you are NOT allowed to ask for more money after the auction has ended, no matter what the price difference is.  And the buyer will be in the right if they complain the item hasn't been shipped or you are asking for more postage funds. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 01:18:55 PM »
Ug, demanding buyers are the reason I rarely sell on Ebay anymore. I hope the sellers reports the feedback and has it removed.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 02:18:45 PM »
Fyi, when I buy insurance on items, it is NOT added into postage costs on the label.  Ebay does this to me all the time with international transactions and I am forever contacting my buyers to let them know with screen shots of the shipping purchase page and the paypal transaction. Excessive? Probably.  But it's the extremes I go to in order to protect my seller feedback.  I see you're starting to sell too.  Welcome to the world of endless paranoia! Lol!

This. When I pay for insurance, it is charged to me at the post office, but is not on the stamp. It shows up on the receipt. As does a fuel surcharge, and tax on the postage.

I'm sorry, but this seller should have never been left a negative and I wouldn't have even left a neutral. I maybe would have dinged them a few stars, but they are well within their right to charge for packaging and expenses related to shipping the item. $4USD is not at all an excessive amount to cover those costs. It is not overcharging.

With situations like this, I thank goodness I am not a seller on eBay. They did not deserve a negative at all.

This. Totally this. I hope you don't bid on my auctions!  The seller definitely didn't deserve a negative. This is the reason why sellers need to be able to leave negatives for buyers. You decided to bid on their auction without knowing the shipping costs up front, if you did that one of mine I'd send the parcel via 'tracked packet' to cover my butt (since it would need delivery confirmation) and that would have cost $43.

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
Thunderwing that's a bit harsh, don't you think? I came here to ask for advice, not get attacked! And I am entitled to my own opinion and feelings. Would you, as a seller, repeatedly ignore your buyer's messages? Before and after the auction? If the seller had been kinder and had bothered to reply to my messages, I wouldn't have left bad feedback.

And please, by all means, give me your seller ID, I'll make sure to NEVER bid on your auctions!

Post Merge: March 29, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

Fyi, when I buy insurance on items, it is NOT added into postage costs on the label.  Ebay does this to me all the time with international transactions and I am forever contacting my buyers to let them know with screen shots of the shipping purchase page and the paypal transaction. Excessive? Probably.  But it's the extremes I go to in order to protect my seller feedback.  I see you're starting to sell too.  Welcome to the world of endless paranoia! Lol!

Well that's nice of you. My seller didn't even reply to my message asking about the extra charge and I had to message them again to get a reply. And then he disappeared. And they personally went to the p.o. to send the package, so no exrra online charges or anything. Plus UK to Greece is so much easier, cheaper and hassle free as we're both in Europe.

I did want to change my feedback to neutral, but I didn't know it can't be done unless the seller asks for it. I thought I could retract it myself, I've never been in this situation before. I'm not mean nor revengfull, I just felt mistreated. And now I feel I'm being attacked on here as well.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:49:58 PM by gazzy90 »

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »
I see no matter how many times I explain the GSP people still do not understand it.  Ebay's great idea.  Make it so convoluted no one knows what's going on and they rake in the money.  Seller's to blame all the way.  Of course he had to go to the PO in person, even with the GSP you still must go to the post office to mail the package to the local GSP shipping center.  Maybe someone else can explain it better than I can. I think I'm taking a break for now.  Instead of people asking for advice this seems to be people wanting someone to agree with them that their opinion is right.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like some people are open to seeing the other side. :(  I wish everyone the best and promise not comment further on this post.  If someone really wants information on the Global Shipping Program, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to try and explain it again.  It really is a terrible terrible thing eBay has done to the community.

Silverawn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal