collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Exercise caution when dealing with GreatFindToys on Etsy  (Read 6161 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Exercise caution when dealing with GreatFindToys on Etsy
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily jump to Alzheimer's.  The fact that she's offering different ponies than those on wishlists, is she's hoping on the off-chance that you need those ponies as well as the ones on your wishlist so she can make a sale.

Thanks for clearing that up, Skeen. I've been half-asleep today. :P I'm stunned that she risked her reputation by not only pulling a switch on you, but also giving your address to a perfect stranger!! The mind boggles.

My best guess is she found out it was a variant and decided to either keep it, or sell it for a higher price to someone else. :-/

The aggressive selling tactics need to stop. The fact that she is stalking members' wishlists here that aren't bumped on a regular basis is unnerving.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
This all seemed very familiar to a transaction I had on etsy last year. Yep same person. Bought a pony off her, she apparently sent it but it never showed up. I messaged her and just got so many conflicting messages. She'd been ill, then she thought it may have been lost in the post, then she offered to resend the pony with another free pony. This wasn't exactly a common pony. I received so many messages too and never actually got confirmation of postage date despite asking several times. Eventually got a refund. Overall a bad experience.

I also would not be happy that my address had been handed out to someone else. What a mess.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
She's tried to haggle me down on some of my pony prices recently. After reading this, I am really glad I stuck to my prices and sold them to someone else. She was polite, however, and not pushy. But she did lowball the prices.

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
I bought something from her on Etsy, and there was no problem with the pony or transaction, but I've since gotten lots of conversations through there for new ponies that pop up in her shop.  I'm not constantly looking to buy ponies so that got annoying very quickly.

I also get a new message on here from her every time I update my wishlist, which is just slightly creepy since I haven't actually bumped my want list topic up in maybe a month or two.  I just keep it updated and I'll bump it up when I'm ready to buy.  I even have in big red letter that I'm NOT actively buying anything except for one pony, but I still get messages from her for unrelated ponies.

I agree that she seems very nice and friendly, but I kinda feel like I'm being stalked at times.  :blink:

^ this!!!

Every single time I update my want list/thread, I get a message from this user that they have "lots of your wish list ponies in my etsy shop."  When I would visit their shop, they had nothing I was looking for at the time of my post/update/bump.  At first I thought I was crazy for feeling a little "stalked" but glad to know I'm not alone in my line of thinking.

Skeen, that is a hot mess you've had to deal with!!! I'm super-curious as to what happened to the pony you actually purchased. 

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »
She asked me again to return the pony.  I am afraid that if I do, she will be able to have the feedback removed and I really think it needs to remain as a record of what she did.  It's already buried under other positive feedback.  Does anyone know if she can cancel the sale and remove the fb?

I think we've both spent far too much time and effort on this "simple" sale and I really want her to leave me alone.  :mad:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
Can you ignore her at this point? Or does etsy have the option to block a user?

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
You can't block on etsy and I am ignoring her, but the messages just keep coming!  I replied that I'm not interested in spending more time on this and I'd like it if she didn't contact me again, but we'll see what happens.   

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »
Does Etsy have a way of reporting harassment? If you ask me ten thousand messages equates to that  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
I'm not even sure.  I have a conversation open with their Trust & Safety dept so they know about the messages. 

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »
I'm not even sure.  I have a conversation open with their Trust & Safety dept so they know about the messages.

Good thinking. I still can't believe she gave your address to a stranger...

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »
I bought something from her on Etsy, and there was no problem with the pony or transaction, but I've since gotten lots of conversations through there for new ponies that pop up in her shop.  I'm not constantly looking to buy ponies so that got annoying very quickly.

I'm in this boat too. I got some nice ponies from her but then got harassed constantly about leaving feedback. I leave etsy feedback about once a month so I hadn't gotten to it yet and did not appreciate being constantly harassed about it. You'd really think she'd have learned her lesson, oof.

Skeen, I am SO sorry you are going through this. What a nightmare.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »
She asked me again to return the pony.  I am afraid that if I do, she will be able to have the feedback removed and I really think it needs to remain as a record of what she did.  It's already buried under other positive feedback.  Does anyone know if she can cancel the sale and remove the fb?

I think we've both spent far too much time and effort on this "simple" sale and I really want her to leave me alone.  :mad:

She cannot remove the feedback-  she is a bad seller and everyone should know that, especially other potential etsy customers.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:55 PM »
Wait.  Why would she want the pony back?  I'm super confused!  It's not like she will be sending the correct pony and she won't be able to recoup what she spent to get it on eBay plus shipping.  Plus, I would be concerned about further problems.  She could potentially claim YOU didn't send the right pony, or that it never arrived, or that it was damaged, etc etc.  After the mess that this turned into, I would be very hesitant about doing anything further.

She messed up and wasn't truthful upfront.  She told you to keep the pony as a gift as she obviously realized she made a mistake.  You left honest feedback which is the ENTIRE POINT of feedback.  Your feedback has not damaged her overall 5 star Etsy rating.  I've made mistakes as a seller, too.  It sucks, but it happens.  I've taken my poor feedback (like 3 in my whole life!) and LEARNED from them and haven't made the same mistakes again.  Feedback benefits both buyers and sellers.  This seller needs to relax and revise her practices.

Sellers can request that etsy remove feedback.  I had an absolutely CRAZY buyer (non-MLP related) that accused me of stealing the item and ranted in the feedback and threatened police action.  I reported/explained it to etsy and they did remove it.  So yes, sellers CAN have feedback removed IF etsy finds cause.  Honestly, even if you returned the pony, the feedback should stand as there still is no cause to remove it unless the seller convinces etsy otherwise which seems like an unlikely outcome.

I say ignore her and keep all correspondence!

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
She's panicking. She's realizing how badly this is going to affect her long-term, so she's trying to re-set the whole thing and hoping the whole thing will blow over.

MyLittleponySparkle, if you're reading this, the pony community has a LONG memory. The fact that there are three threads just about you should probably tell you to get your act together, or get out.  This last incident where you pulled a switch on a pony, and handed over sensitive information that wasn't yours to give out, while pulling said switch, to me, is completely unforgivable. I don't care where the transaction happened.  To me, you are not to be trusted.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
Thank you for the updates to my list everyone!  :(

I think the absolute most disturbing thing about this entire scenario is that she gave your personal, private, confidential information to a total stranger.  That gets a whole new category to my list!  I have no words for how much it emotionally bothers me, on Skeen's behalf.

Violating someone's privacy like that, especially when representing yourself as a business (like on Etsy), is a federal crime in Canada.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal