collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Exercise caution when dealing with GreatFindToys on Etsy  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Exercise caution when dealing with GreatFindToys on Etsy
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 05:47:12 AM »
:yikes:  :hug:  I cant add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said -it was a complete mess that could have easily been avoided by a simple message from her at the beginning.
TBH I would not have wanted my addy passed on to some random person either  :( 
You handled it really well though! :bigups:
 this person unfortunately has some serious issues when it comes to selling/trading
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:57 AM »
I got a pm from her a couple of weeks ago asking for my baby Firefly in my sales post and asked if I'd ship her to another address and then she  messaged back before I got a chance to reply asking for the sales post again? At this point I didn't answer since I've seen her name in trader support before for issues in trading. Now it makes since with what Skeen has posted :/.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:19 AM »
Oy.  :crazy:

If there have been multiple issues with this user, why haven't they been banned from BST on the Arena?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 06:46:20 AM »

If there have been multiple issues with this user, why haven't they been banned from BST on the Arena?

It is being looked into. The thing is she has not scammed anyone and her selling issues seem to be via Etsy  :huh: She is just confusing and obviously bothering members through PM. Which after the thread from 2013, I would have thought she learned her lesson.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 06:47:41 AM »

It is being looked into. The thing is she has not scammed anyone and her selling issues seem to be via Etsy  :huh: She is just confusing and obviously bothering members through PM. Which after the thread from 2013, I would have thought she learned her lesson.

Thanks, PL! I am just honestly curious; it seems like it would save a lot of headache for members and Mods.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 08:09:13 AM »
I got a pm from her a couple of weeks ago asking for my baby Firefly in my sales post and asked if I'd ship her to another address and then she  messaged back before I got a chance to reply asking for the sales post again? At this point I didn't answer since I've seen her name in trader support before for issues in trading. Now it makes since with what Skeen has posted :/.

Huh!  Curious!  Were you asked to send to Oklahoma, by chance?  Let me tell you, if she was going to just be handing out my address to people I wish she'd given it to an Arena member I trust and recognize, not some random person on ebay! 

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »
She hemmed and hawwed about sending out your pony. Then broke confidentiality by giving out your address to some random stranger, because...why? I'm a little lost about that part. Either she had the pony you paid for, or she didn't. End of discussion.

Skeen, did you actually get the pony you paid for? I saw you said a pony smelled like mildew, but I wasn't sure if you actually received it, or you just got the refund.

I've looked back at the 2-3 previous threads about her, and it looks like her MO is the same. Sell a pony, give a bunch of excuses (mostly medical), before either sending or demanding to refund.

She comes off as super-aggressive in her tactics for sales (constant emails, PMs, etc.), and frankly, she's nothing more than a flipper.  Which would be fine if she weren't playing with fire by not sending out items when she's supposed to.

She has learned nothing since the first thread about her came up.  She just keeps repeating the same pattern. She just moved to a new venue.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this Skeen. It sucks.

Personally, I will be avoiding her here and on Etsy.  The fact that she slings personal information around is a huge no-no for me.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »
She has mailed me a couple of times with offers of G3s. She has always asked for my email address to send photos there because, as she said, she doesn't know how to post pictures on the arena. Since I have read the previous thread about her I was very sceptical about her offers. The first time she offered me MIB G3s, but sent me pictures of loose G3s, which was quite weird, second time she offered me MIB Mistletoe and this time the pictures were right, but she hasn't replied to my messages after that. Now after seeing this, I won't definitely do any business with her.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:59:22 AM by bigmylittleponyfan »
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »
babylofty, I got A pony.  It isn't the one in her listing, it's one from an ebay auction.  I don't know what happened to the one in her listing and I have no idea why she thought it was ok to give my address to someone else, and one of her latest messages asked that I not mention any of this to anyone.  O.o

This is what I bought (painted symbols, no pat pend, it's German):
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1007466676

This is what I got (glitter symbols, definitely normal US release and does smell funny):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-Baby-Firefly-Pink-Pegasus-Glitter-Lightening-On-Movie-Vintage-G1-/261772142655?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf2d5e83f&nma=true&si=OmwsZrtvI68FK97Y29gdnXRVWxQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

She's done the random PM's to me here and on etsy too.  I recently posted a wanted list with 2 UK ponies on it, and she PM'ed offering me 2 completely different UK ponies but I didn't reply.  Obviously I am inviting PM's by posting a wish list, but I'm not inviting PM's about things I didn't ask for, you know?  And on etsy, after the first time I bought from her she would convo me every time she put up a new pony in her store.  Eventually she quit that though.  I would agree that she's too aggressive in her marketing but she's never been malicious-seeming to me. 

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »
thats what im getting too is emails about things i don't want.

i think she may be very forgetful, Alzheimer's maybe

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:28 AM »
Wow- so insane! Thanks for the heads-up, I would definitely NOT buy from or sell to this person- she sounds like she has more than a few screws loose...

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »
I bought something from her on Etsy, and there was no problem with the pony or transaction, but I've since gotten lots of conversations through there for new ponies that pop up in her shop.  I'm not constantly looking to buy ponies so that got annoying very quickly.

I also get a new message on here from her every time I update my wishlist, which is just slightly creepy since I haven't actually bumped my want list topic up in maybe a month or two.  I just keep it updated and I'll bump it up when I'm ready to buy.  I even have in big red letter that I'm NOT actively buying anything except for one pony, but I still get messages from her for unrelated ponies.

I agree that she seems very nice and friendly, but I kinda feel like I'm being stalked at times.  :blink:
Instagram / Want List

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
I just bought 2 ponies from her on etsy and I didn't have any issues. She was friendly and shipped out fast. Sorry to hear you had such trouble with her. Like someone else said, it sounds like her marketing is too aggressive and may come off as stalking.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
I also recieved some unsolicited pms just advertising this etsy shop but didn't take it any further. Sorry you have had to deal with this Skeen
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
I just bought 2 ponies from her on etsy and I didn't have any issues. She was friendly and shipped out fast. Sorry to hear you had such trouble with her. Like someone else said, it sounds like her marketing is too aggressive and may come off as stalking.

I am far more concerned with the fact that 1) she sold a pony to Skeen;  2) she either didn't have the pony or realized she could get more for it, hard to say; 3) she didn't tell Skeen that she didn't have the pony - but made arrangements to try and buy and have sent a replacement product-

Aggressive marketing is one thing- THIS strikes me as skeezy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal