collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive Line: Power Ponies  (Read 35377 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ponies Brushables (Twilight Sparkle)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 06:13:38 AM »
OOOOOH MY GOD. THIS IS THE BEST THING HASBRO HAS DONE WITH THEIR TOYLINE (in the past few years).

Post Merge: March 07, 2015, 05:58:57 AM

*reads previous cmments*

Seriously, I cant be the only hyped one!?? At least it isnt a normal-looking clone brushable. If they HAVE to release the mane 6 I think this is a more appropriate way than reversing the cutie mark display side, adding tinsel, etc. This is something different looking to me and I LOVED the power pony episode!!! Sure... I perfer new charactets but maybe Hasbro has more surprises for us too.

I loved the Power Ponies episode too, but even with new outfits this is still a mane 6 member and...ugh. We know what the original Power Ponies looked like, why not use those designs?

As I said, though, we got Spike as Hum Drum already so this makes sense.  I hope we at least get the rest of the ponies then, and not just Twilight.  I'd love to set up a little scene of them battling the Mane-iac.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 06:59:40 AM »
It would be cooler if they had made the ACTUAL power ponies as brushables, not the Mane 6 dressed as the Power Ponies. Eugh.

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »
I like her a lot! I can honestly understand their decision to make the Mane 6 versions because most kids will remember her from the Episode. Their regular forms are only visible in some of the IDW comics and quite unknown for the most children. So that's why I think they decided to make the mane-6 version. Because children can identify them much easier. And besides, we will get a lot of new characters with the yet unnamed Flower Line. So I honestly don't see the problem with the whole "mane-6 repeating thing" here because it fits in this case.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:09 AM »
Maybe this will be the new Target line.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »
OOOOOH MY GOD. THIS IS THE BEST THING HASBRO HAS DONE WITH THEIR TOYLINE (in the past few years).

*reads previous cmments*

Seriously, I cant be the only hyped one!?? At least it isnt a normal-looking clone brushable. If they HAVE to release the mane 6 I think this is a more appropriate way than reversing the cutie mark display side, adding tinsel, etc. This is something different looking to me and I LOVED the power pony episode!!! Sure... I perfer new charactets but maybe Hasbro has more surprises for us too.

The details are lacking but I was still excited:) If you're going to have a variation of a character, this is how to do it! Not just adding tinsel and eye cutie marks. I hope we see the rest of the set!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 07:56:10 AM »
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THEM MAKE THE OTHER FIVE TOO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH IM SO EXCITED THIS IS SO COOL!
(And I know it's only another Twilight, but hey, I'll take a complete Power Pony'd mane 6 set over 1 or 2 new characters ANY day!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
She reminds me of Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash in design, maybe she's the accompanying Collector Series single release to the assumed flower-power favourites collection.

I agree.  She has a far more extensive paint job than we have seen outside of the TRU single exclusive.  It just makes sense.

I don't think that I am going to get her though. Her colors just clash to me.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 08:13:58 AM »
OMG THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!! XD

One of the very few occasions where I actually welcome a rerelease of the Mane 6!!! :D
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 08:14:10 AM »
She reminds me of Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash in design, maybe she's the accompanying Collector Series single release to the assumed flower-power favourites collection.

I agree.  She has a far more extensive paint job than we have seen outside of the TRU single exclusive.  It just makes sense.

But Twilight Sparkle wasn't spotted on this advertisement. I guess she doesn't have anything to do with the possible Flower Patterned Brushables:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
The other possibility for the Power Ponies is SDCC. Unless it is too early for them to pop up?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 08:25:07 AM »
Pretty cool actually! However I would probably only buy if they were these ponies.

For Sale Wants

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »

But Twilight Sparkle wasn't spotted on this advertisement. I guess she doesn't have anything to do with the possible Flower Patterned Brushables:

That's the first I've seen of that.  Is there a better quality version?  I can't really see any of the toys clearly.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 08:49:22 AM »
This is my guess,
but I'm disappointed that's probably what she is.
I have Shadowbolt Dash, despite my one pony per character rule for my collection, but I'm not much a fan of the Power Ponies episode or designs. If she does turn out to be the TRU single, she'll be the first in the series I'll probably skip. I had my hopes up for Maude or Daring Do to be the single, because of that poster. Hopefully they'll still show, preferably without the extra designs.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »
Oh man... I just don't know about this. The colors are unique but not all that pretty to me, and the paint looks like a bad custom. Maybe if the end product has some nice details to it rather than being so simple... but as it is I'm not a huge fan.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »

*reads previous cmments*

I'm with you!  I know we all want to see more new characters, but I still LOVE this pony!  :biggrin:  I was thrilled when I saw this, and really surprised when I saw everyone else's reactions :blink:    I loved the Power Ponies, and this looks really good to me. I can't wait to see the others made into Power Pony brushables ^.^

Signature by LordBlumiere

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal