collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WHAT?! My mega-lot isn't selling!  (Read 2846 times)

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT?! My mega-lot isn't selling!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »
Silverdawn is the reason I got into collecting again way back when she was in high school and I worked there so I can vouch for her as a die hard collector. She was showing her friend her ebay sales on a school computer as I happened to walk by which made me realize MLP were worth something. I was thinking of then selling my childhood collection but couldn't bring myself to do it and decided to start collecting instead. The rest is history. :D
EBay Sales ~~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
*pony hugs*  It wasn't meant as a personal attack of any kind and I do apologize if you read it in that way.  I worried about it after the fact, but what's been posted is what is posted.  I more or less needed selling advice. 

Maybe when I have them all sorted out better and have nice photos, I actually have something in your wishlist.  :)  I also LOVE helping people get ponies into their collections - it just doesn't seem like there are many of us to share ponies with! 

I used to be the gotta-get-them-all collector, but then I had to move to Canada to immigrate to be with my husband (we both have something in common!!! :D )  so I took 100's of ponies to the charity shop where proceeds go towards medical care for those who can't pay.  I donated everything still MIB to the children's welfare office.  Then I started again up here...

Seven years later, my priorities have changed and I no longer see a pony room as a collection goal  - I'll be perfectly happy with my childhood herd!  But I definitely need to pay some bills and I need to get what I can for them.  I am sure you understand.  :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:08:40 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »
I most definitely understand and hope you get the most you can for them! :) *hugs* Individual sales are the way to go!  And as much time as take single photographs take, it's all worth it in the end.

And I didn't feel that what you said was a personal attack in any way, I was just worried that I was coming across on the boards as on of those underhanded, email eBay sellers, get them to close auctions early, anything for a buck type person who was only into ponies for the money I could squeeze out of them.  I'm definitely not!  :)

And you poor poor girl, moving to Alberta from the States? Ugh, the weather... I will never go back to Canada.  You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming.  I went to get my regular snow tire swap here in Iowa at the end of December (instead of my usual October back in Red Deer) and the guys at the garage more or less laughed at me.  And now I know why, there's almost no freakin snow here!  I love it! :D You must have one heck of a good man if he's worth moving to Alberta for!

Again, all the best!  I know there are definitely other pony collectors in Edmonton, so you might try posting in the Edmonton kijiji too if they'll allow that kinda thing. :)

Silverdawn

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
Just dropping in to put in my 2 cents about Silverdawn.  I was in the community back when she was originally very active, and I always considered her a pillar of the pony collecting community.  I remember her websites which were(and still are) filled with incredible information, and I heard only good things about her as a collector. I was very happy to see her come back after such a long time away.  It's always a happy thing to see an old school collector pop back up:)  She is most definitely not out to just flip ponies.

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »
In expectation of some upcoming bills this spring, I started selling off my ponies.  It has not gone well so far.  :(  I need help.

So I had this lot of ponies up for sale on Kijiji:

Okay, pretend that UK Gusty, Swirly Whirly's bib, Sleepy Pie's purse, and the blue sea pony shell and High Tide (the yellow adult Sea Pony) are not included - YES I know I need to update my photo!  Hence why I took the listing down.

Anyway... I need help with pricing.  I have been trying to sell them off singly or in smaller lots for about a year now.  Very few sales.
I put this lot up for $260 or best offer... STILL NOTHING!

An Arena member offered me $200 but I feel that is way too low, especially when I know they are very likely going to be inventory and re-sold in their online store.  These were my collection ponies over the past 7 years, I traded with a lot of friends and participated in a number of swaps to get them all, and I want them to be adopted by another collector who will appreciate them. 

Yes, I know people can do what they want with their ponies, but it really gets under my skin when you build a rapport, sell something or trade and then the pony" isn't good enough" and they immediately upgrade.

Of course... now I really really need the money and I want to raise the price but I don't know how to market these stupid ponies! 

In my wildest dreams, I would be happy to get $300 in the end - four boxes of MLP take up a LOT of space I don't have! 

Oh wow!  I'm upset I don't live near you, I'd so buy this
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
I've never even heard of kijiji :blink: I think if you put them on ebay then you'd make a quick sale :nod: You mentioned you don't take Paypal though and I'm not sure if ebay does any other payment types (I know they don't do cash or money orders any more)

There's some nice ponies in there (The Perfume Puffs, Waddles, Minty and White Cap plus the shells) so I really do think you'd get a quick sale on ebay. Just consider that ebay takes out about 10% of your earnings. So if you sold for $260 you'd be paying $26 in fees. PLUS they charge you for shipping. You have to pay ten percent on shipping as well. But you can set the amount higher and do an auction and you might get several bids :) Good luck selling!
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 09:21:33 AM »
*sneaks in while no one is looking and snatches up all that pony goodness*  :bolt:

No really though I do not have any other advice to offer. It's definitely a pain to list them individually but you will definitely reap the benefits, rather than selling in a lot.

Good Luck on whatever you decide  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:08:57 AM »
i would like to buy that but i Think it is long gon :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal