collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your best pony find?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Your best pony find?
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
I'm feeling a little down on my pony luck, so I was wondering if anyone had any inspirational "I found a Rapunzel for 25 cents at a thrift store!" kind of stories. :) So what's your best pony find? Did you find something awesome at a thrift store or on Craigslist, or maybe in an Ebay buy-it-now?

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your best pony find?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »
My best, without a doubt, was finding my Mimic half-hidden in a lot of G1s. By the end of the auction, I paid under $20 for her. Her pink stripe is faded and she has a small scratch on her symbol, but she was my ultimate grail and I wouldn't trade her for anything else.

The second best was getting a mint G1 Baby Princess Sparkle, with an equally mint carriage, lace border, and sippy cup in a lot with a Dream Castle for $50. Unfortunately, I sold her when I thought I had outgrown ponies. :huh: But the buyer was ecstatic to finally own her, and I'm guessing she's a lot more loved there. :)
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
Two Daddy Celebrations from the same thrift store!  (not at the same time, but a few months apart) both in nice conditions.

moondancer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:11:19 PM »
My best find has to be the time I found two G1 My Little Pony porcelain figurines at a Goodwill store that usually has nothing. One is Glory the unicorn, and the other is just called ''Firstborn'' with the My Little Pony logo on it's back. They were 25 cents each! A spectacular find indeed.  :biggrin:

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 08:20:26 PM »
Just recently a fashion style Luna (non sparkle wing) with crown brush and all four shoes, but my best was two huuuge mega ziplocks of G1's. Sold most off for cheap, but ended up keeping a baby blue Ember, Firefly and baby Firefly!! :D All ponies at the top of my G1 list outside of Applejack/Apple related ponies ^__^ Got a G3 Minty in the bags I always wanted aswell <3 I'm super greatfull to of found them, and get them to good homes!

I get any ponies I see except for G3's because I honestly don't know what they are worth except a few obvious ones, and them seem to come in floods to the thrifts. I really am debating on picking them up, as most are always under $2 per pony, but I have no clue if anyone would ever want 'loved condition' G3's.
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
My most recent really awesome deal is actually my dad's!  He found quarterback with his hat, a mint Sunspot, a TAF Milky Way, and a BnG Braided Beauty in a bag for $3 at a local car swap meet! sunspot and braided beauty have lovely pink hair still. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 09:33:44 PM »
My mom once found the MO Mommy pony for me at the thrift store.  I think she was $3.  :)

My most recent good find was Baby Princess Sparkle at a garage sale for 50 cents.  She's mint!  I found her less than six months ago.

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
I once found a BIN lot with a Mimic + some common ponies in it for $30!

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:41 PM »
I love reading about other members' awesome finds!

One of my best finds was MOC SS Lofty at a local flea market for $2! I was so happy and couldn't believe I almost missed her because she was in a tiny stall with a bunch of cheap porcelain figures and toy cars. My other awesome find was a lot of G1s I got over a year ago off Craigslist. I had to drive an hour away to get it and it cost me $100 but all the ponies looked barely played with and included two TAF babies, pearly Baby Surprise, three complete princess ponies with bushwoolies and the nursery collector case filled with babies and accessories.

I'm sending you some of my luck, Haruna!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:59:13 AM by Jahlila »
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
I think my best find was Munchy for $5 from a flea market!

Truly

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
My mum recently found me Princess Moondust who I keep losing bids on, and two other g1 ponies all for $1!
But my best find ever was a gumtree lot where I got Ice Crystal and his brush, plus over 40 other fantastic g1 ponies, where they all worked out to be $1-2 per pony! There was also the Apple delight family, a big bunch of big brothers with all accessories and more, and the ponies themselves were in fantastic condition with some with original curl still in thier hair :) I didn't even know Ice Crystal was in the lot because he was sneakily hidden! I can say I was very excited to see him and all the wonderful ponies, and the lady was so happy that someone was excited about her childhood collection :)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
I love these stories, you guys! So amazing. Keep them coming! :biggrin:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »
Wooow! these stories are making my day :dance2: :broc:

Mine would probably be finding baby Diamond for $15!  she was covered in blue pen but it sunfaded out and she was perfect :heart:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:10:09 PM by daffodil101 »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 03:33:48 AM »
Mine should be baby Splosh at a fleemarket for, well with todays currency it would have to be just under 2 usd. I also found NSS Truly hidden in a lot on Tradera and got her and three others for around 30usd. :)

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 03:43:55 AM »
My beloved Myer Exclusive Pinkie Pie and Scootaloo plus her scooter found on the same day in the same shop is the best pony luck I've had so far, and with my chronic bad luck I have the feeling that's the best I'll ever do, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal