collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next wave of brushables leaked  (Read 6916 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Next wave of brushables leaked
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:46 AM »
Well, here's to saving more money!

Yes! XD Right now I'm having trouble keeping up with the new stuff so I won't mind a bit of time to play catch up and buy everything I want.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
I think Hasbro's goal is that children will find a pony they really like and will want every minute variant of. It's certainly working for Skylanders, another Hasbro franchise.
Skylanders? That's Activision. And their constant re-releases has actually drawn the same criticism, and many of the re-release figures end up being shelf warmers. And even then, they're still releasing new characters alongside the old ones, so it's not quite as frustrating as MLP's constant mane 6 releases :P

Anyhow, I'm still surprised that Hasbro don't slip in at least one new character every wave. It would keep people checking back, and keep up the demand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »
I'll only be getting these if they come with their little houses :hmm: Rarity is an automatic for me. That Carasol Boutique look gorgeous!

But the Mane Six will be more custom bait for me! :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 08:47:10 AM »
I think Hasbro's goal is that children will find a pony they really like and will want every minute variant of. It's certainly working for Skylanders, another Hasbro franchise.
Skylanders? That's Activision. And their constant re-releases has actually drawn the same criticism, and many of the re-release figures end up being shelf warmers. And even then, they're still releasing new characters alongside the old ones, so it's not quite as frustrating as MLP's constant mane 6 releases :P

Anyhow, I'm still surprised that Hasbro don't slip in at least one new character every wave. It would keep people checking back, and keep up the demand.

I thought the figures were made by Hasbro, though? O.o I must be getting my franchises mixed up. >_< I have a long laundry list of problem with Activision so I'll save that for another time. :p

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
Well, here's to saving more money!

Hahaha, sadly yes...

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:21 AM »
I am. So. Tired. Of the mane 6. Six -__________-  I HOPE since they are doing the whole 'collect them online' now thing hopefully we wont see the mane 6 for a while after this new wave and thus we see more NEW characters and even re-releases of older characters! I wouldnt mind seeing Blossomforth, Flitterheart, Daisy Dreams, etc again. Hasbro is killin' me here!

But I DO love the designs in their manes!

Post Merge: February 09, 2015, 09:22:36 AM

I thought the figures were made by Hasbro, though? O.o I must be getting my franchises mixed up. >_< I have a long laundry list of problem with Activision so I'll save that for another time. :p

Awe thats insulting for Activision to compare it to Hasbro.... at least the Skylanders all will have new moulds, new designs, totally different forms of each character. Theres baby Spyro, Mega Ram Spyro, Giant's Spryro with the gems, etc and they look really cool and original! With Hasbro and ponies its.... "here lets take a pinkie pie and print some cheap designs we made on Paint and print them all over these spare Pinkie Pies in the back!" x'D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:22:36 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »
It makes sense. As little as we like it, this app thingy is Hasbro's new thing so of course the first releases will be the mane six. Which characters are the kids most familiar with and will want more in their game? The mane six.

As someone else said, the app codes is actually a good sign we'll see new characters afterwards, however, though possibly still dotted with mane six for the late-comers. As little as we like it, the mane six are the MLP "mascots" and aren't going to leave the spotlight any time soon. The hair on these new ones looks interesting so I'll be looking forward to seeing them in person.

I think they are banking on people making shrines or armies. In the Japanese figure industry there are a handful of characters that have hundreds (literally) of figures and merchandise whilst other characters in the same series are ignored. Why? Because there are people that will buy the new Miku Hatsune because she has a new hat, and the new Saber in a slightly different dress. Does it suck? Absolutely, but there must clearly be good money in constantly releasing variations of the same character(s), else it wouldn't be such a prevalent trend.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »
Introducing new characters ALONG with the mane 6 wouldn't hurt either. Monster High always has got many Draculaura and Frankie rereleases but they also introduce new characters. The Zelfs also have got rereleases, althought they've got fewer because they prefer to release a new batch of characters in each wave.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »
All mane six for now, hopefully the codes will lead to more characters since people will want them in game, mane 6 down and Celestia.. now just the other Princesses and CMC, and then possibly more characters after that. Also has this been posted?

Wow that is adorable! I don't know if it has been posted yet, but I hadn't seen it before- SO CUTE! Love the little pony mannequin...

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
I know! That mannequin is adorable.

I don't know what to say about the re-releases.  I know I don't care for them.  But it seems to be working for Hasbro.  They don't exactly fly off the shelves but they do eventually go and get replaced.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »
It makes sense. As little as we like it, this app thingy is Hasbro's new thing so of course the first releases will be the mane six. Which characters are the kids most familiar with and will want more in their game? The mane six.

Alas this...sad but so so true.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »
All mane six for now, hopefully the codes will lead to more characters since people will want them in game, mane 6 down and Celestia.. now just the other Princesses and CMC, and then possibly more characters after that. Also has this been posted?

Wow that is adorable! I don't know if it has been posted yet, but I hadn't seen it before- SO CUTE! Love the little pony mannequin...

I haven't seen this one before either :D It's cute. Wait a minute... a house which closes off entirely, not just a single wall? Hasbro!? :P

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »

Hopefully it does mean that more variety is incoming, though! Because the zapcodes are only good for one character, right? Sooooo~ in order to fill their virtual world, they're going to need lots and lots of characters, especially the recurring ones like the CMC, Zecora, the Cakes, Princesses, villains, etc etc.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »

Hopefully it does mean that more variety is incoming, though! Because the zapcodes are only good for one character, right? Sooooo~ in order to fill their virtual world, they're going to need lots and lots of characters, especially the recurring ones like the CMC, Zecora, the Cakes, Princesses, villains, etc etc.

Watch them start to put them on the blind bags, then its game over for brushies.

For Sale Wants

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »

Watch them start to put them on the blind bags, then its game over for brushies.

The sad thing is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did do this. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal