collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do if ebay item isn't as described?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
What to do if ebay item isn't as described?
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »
I just got my "authentic" mlp G1 ribbons that I won on eBay last month and only 3 or 4 of them are possible real MLP ribbons. The auction is described as 20 authentic my little pony ribbons vintage/collectible 1980s. First there is only 18 but I knew that before they posted but I thought 18 real MLP ribbons are still great! They also say on the listing no refunds or returns....

I'm really, really pissed off that out of these 18 ribbons only a few could possibly be labeled authentic.

Is this a case of the seller not realising that not all were 'real' and I just have to deal with it or can I do something about it? What's the proper way to go about this?
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

cmc62

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What to do if ebay item isn't as described?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:48:15 AM »
You can still return an item if it was not as described, I am pretty sure.  I bought a language course on ebay last year and one of the CDs was missing when it arrived, so I contacted them and they did a return even though it had said, 'no returns'.  I think if you are certain that they are not authentic then you can probably get a return.  It's better for the seller than getting bad feedback, right?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:54:55 AM »
How disappointing! :(  :hug:
First of all try contacting the seller and politely explaining that you are a collector and that unfortunately only a few of those ribbons are genuine MLP.  You are only interested in genuine ones and also  20 were listed for sale but you have only received 18  :awake:  (you are sure on this and there are no clear pics of all the ribbons on the auction?  and there are definitely 20 in the pic or are they just in a pile on there? - just checking BTW  before you go any further with sorting out the problem )
Give the seller a chance to  respond, explain, and offer a solution.
If the seller doesn't respond, will not offer a solution etc then you can open an "item not as described" case.  You should explain in the case that they are not genuine MLP ribbons and that you received only 18 rather than 20 too. Also explain that you already contacted your seller  to try and work things out :relaxed:
I think if I were you then I would be wanting to do a return for a full refund  (sellers cant refuse to accept your return since ebay can make them if the items you received were not as described.)
Hope that helps a bit
Please let us know how it goes :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:04:27 AM »
Even if the seller genuinely didn't know they weren't real, they should not have described them as such if they weren't sure. The could have said something like 'MLP style' ribbons.. Hope you resolve this.

Jules x

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:17 AM »
Thanks guys! The only photo of the ribbons were of them in a pile and was slightly blurry so I couldn't tell if they were all original or not.

I'll contact the seller and see what happens.

My want list.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »
:bigups:  sounds good to me. Hope your seller is reasonable :hug:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »
He seems it but wants to know how I know that the ribbons aren't authentic... Ribbons are very hard to describe and it seems that the only way to know is to compare them to known real ribbons. I suppose that I could either take a photo of real and fake to show the difference but I'm not sure if that will help.

My want list.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
I do think it might help to show him comparison pics of a real ribbon with his fake ones - do as up close a pic as you can while keeping the pic clear so it's as easy as possible for him to see the differences. You can describe the differences too just to emphasize your point  :relaxed:

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
Happy ending, the seller doesn't need photos!! So I'll be returning all the ribbons because on closer inspection the ones I thought could be real mlp ribbons are too shiny. I'm glad that this seller is a good person.

My want list.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:01 AM »
That's great news! :hug:  :cheer:  :bigups:  I'm glad he turned out to be a good seller :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal