collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 35866 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 12:56:28 AM »
I'm pleasantly surprised by how many people's sentiments are feelings I have. As others have expressed: I like Moondancer's pose, I love Sunbeam, I don't care for Sweetheart Sisters or sea ponies, and I absolutely do not like the G3 "donkey" pose.

But the one opinion I have that is probably the least shared among other MLP fans is that I absolutely hate G4 for so many reasons.

Offline missjennicakes

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »
I don't like/want sea ponies and the sweetheart sisters kind of freak me out as much as the BBE ponies.

I grew up with G2 ponies so I'm naturally drawn to them and enjoy them. I don't really buy too many of them though.

I also don't really care for G3. I own a few but only because they were cheap, and I'm honestly thinking of selling them.

I don't know if this is common or not, but I hate equestria girls. I just want to stick to ponies :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram: hippiepony

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:42 AM »
I agree with a few things already mentioned.

I think Sunbeam pose and Tootsie pose are just fine... but Gingerbread's pose  :huh:

I love G2 but I'm not keen on G4.

Two of my favourite ponies are Snuzzle and Jenny. I love their 'boring' colours. I wish there were more like them!

EGs are just wrong... -_-
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 01:18:24 AM »
I sort of can't see the point of sea ponies. They're fun in the cartoons but I can't see why anyone would want to collect them.... (But each to their own!)

Also, I think the G4 ponies-that-you-can-buy are cute, but I can't stand the G4 cartoon. I just feel like it tries too hard, and the title Friendship Is Magic is too cutesy even for a lover of cutesy things like myself.

I feel better for getting that off my chest!  :)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 02:14:50 AM »

I don't know if this is common or not, but I hate equestria girls. I just want to stick to ponies :/

Almost no one likes EQG! XD

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 02:37:54 AM »
I hate G4 - I think that they look more like foxes with long hair than ponies, and the Equestria Girls - I find them wrong.

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
I do not like g4 ponies. They look like big mouses. Then sweet sister are kind of meh.

I love moondancer and Quakers pose! They are the best poses ever :P

And I do like some of g2 ponies (even though I do not collect them)

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 03:33:02 AM »
I'd add onto the dislike of G4. They look like mice or deer, and they're so tiny for what they cost. I have intense distaste for the cartoon and the fandom G4 has raised up.

Every time I try to talk about my collection I am called a Brony. I hate it. G4 is just rotten to me.

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 03:34:57 AM »
I'm starting to think that “I don't like G4" isn't really an unpopular opinion, judging from these posts (for the record, I DO like G4. It's the reason I even care about MLP).  I definitely hate Equestria Girls (the dolls, not the movies) though, but that too isn't really an unpopular thought. ;)

As for me, I don't like G3. At all. I don't see their appeal.

I also don't like seaponies. I'm not even sure why, they just don't sit well with me.

Not a fan of most G1 poses. A lot of them look awkward, but depending on the pony, I can overlook how it's standing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:51:52 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 04:13:56 AM »
I'm starting to think that “I don't like G4" isn't really an unpopular opinion, judging from these posts (for the record, I DO like G4. It's the reason I even care about MLP).  I definitely hate Equestria Girls though, but that too isn't really an unpopular thought. ;)

As for me, I don't like G3. At all. I don't see their appeal.

I also don't like seaponies. I'm not even sure why, they just don't sit well with me.

Not a fan of most G1 poses. A lot of them look awkward, but depending on the pony, I can overlook how it's standing.

Re: G4, LOL! I didn't know how unpopular G4 was! I knew G2 didn't have a ton of fans (I love G2!), but I didn't know that about G4. I guess it shows how influential a toxic fandom can be. :/ Personally, I like G4, but I think it's the weakest gen by far. I still like it though, I'm a glutton for punishment! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »
I hate and have always hated the My Little Pony Tales show.  Ponies going to school, crushing on boys, and acting just like humans?  Why even bother having them be ponies?  I was always disappointed when "My Little Pony" was listed in the TV guide and it was MLP Tales when it came on instead of MLP and Friends.

I've only seen one or two episodes of Tales, this year on youtube.  But I had all the ponies growing up, though they were released here as the 7 Characters.  I had no idea there was a show.  To me they were just regular ponies, not teens/pre-teens/whatever.  Patch and Clover are two of my all-time favourite ponies.

And yes it's very weird to see them eating pizza and having crushes.  I guess, you know, the 90s arrived, all the other kids shows were doing it... Maybe it was a good thing G1 ended when it did or there would have been more stuff like this, lol!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:40 AM »
I hate and have always hated the My Little Pony Tales show.  Ponies going to school, crushing on boys, and acting just like humans?  Why even bother having them be ponies?  I was always disappointed when "My Little Pony" was listed in the TV guide and it was MLP Tales when it came on instead of MLP and Friends.

THIS!!!! I was still really young when ponies were about and i didn't distinguish between tales and the original series. I just knew that the episodes where they walked on four legs were good and the two leg school episodes were meh. I kept waiting for Magic Star and Fizzy to appear in tales lol XD

Here's an unpopular opinion... I LOVE Equestria Girls. I love the movies and i love the dolls. I'm more excited to see the dolls at the toy fair this year than the ponies XD I have so many of them and i really, really like them XD And not in an ironic way. I've never been a doll person. I've always loved ponies but i just think the dolls are so much more varied and interesting when compared with the G4 toy line.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 06:29:56 AM »
I like G2. And G3.5. Do not care about Rapunzel, Nirvanas, Flutters, Breezies or the G4 TV show. Not in love with baby ponies. Poses aren't that important to me. And I agree with Snapdragon: G4, despite its... unexpected adult fandom... is the weakest gen :/

Why is the 'Donkey Pose' named like that?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 06:30:37 AM »
I will deflock ANY so soft pony that comes into my hands whether its mint or not. :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Peppermint Pie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AM »
I'm not a fan of the baby ponies. I have one or two from my childhood but I wouldn't buy one now. I definately prefer the adult ponies!

And for some reason I'm not fond of Sundance. I got her with Megan when I was little but she was always the one I liked the least. I don't know why.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal