collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 35871 times)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2015, 08:16:32 PM »
This might be a common one but I don't really like so soft ponies. The flocking hides their fun bright colors.

Agreed!  Also, I don't really like how the flocking feels when I hold or touch So Softs.....It makes me think I'm petting a peach!
Peaches are cute!

*Runs*

I hate blind bags and love G2. And we wouldnt have G4 with G3!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »
I hate keeping ponies in boxes. Every time i see an old pony mib it makes me sad because theyre supposed to be played with, not stared at and kept in a box  :cry:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
I hate keeping ponies in boxes. Every time i see an old pony mib it makes me sad because theyre supposed to be played with, not stared at and kept in a box  :cry:
Amen! :P plus the space it takes up :L no...just no u_u
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Mail Order Spike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »
I havn't read all the way through so some of these "unpopular" opinions might be - gasp! - popular! Sorry in advance!

I love g4 blindbags. I love not knowing what's in them until you open them. I love how tiny and cute they are. I love that they have a bunch of random ponies who are just recolours of show-accurate poses with random cutie marks, because then you can make up personalities for them. I love that later waves rehash earlier waves because then I get a chance to get ones I missed. I love everything about them! ....except maybe that my Flim is too top-heavy and constantly falls over. That kinda bugs me.  :huh:

I hate Equestia girls - the movies. I actually like the dolls! They're super cute and visually interesting, and they're more poseable and dressable than ponies, which makes them even more fun imho! I can't stand the movies because they took the best thing about FiM, which was that it's about adult female characters being friends (such a rare thing! especially in kid's shows for a long time) and turned into being all about high school and having crushes on cute boys and  :X as if we need more of that nonsense on tv. It's the "Pony Tales" of G4 and I can't stand it. Even just seeing Flash Sentry will boil my blood because I know he only exists to be a romantic interest for Twilight and GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  :stressed:

I would never buy MoC or MiB - I don't see the point of buying a toy you can't play with. I guess I'm just a big kid at heart! ^.^ But at the same time I know they're rare and other people value them so me buying one just to open it - gah! I'd never be that cruel to other collectors!

Gen 2 and Gen 3 do almost nothing for me - I was an early G1 kid, and didn't get back into ponies till G4 and FiM, so I have no attachment to them at all. I mean the G3s are kinda cute but I won't go out of my way for them, you know?

Even as a kid I found the G1 cartoon really boring and preferred to make up my own personalities and stories for my herd. These stick with me a lot better than anything from the show!

......if I didn't know it was incredibly bad for them I would still take my sea ponies into the tub with me. You are never too old for tub toys. Again, I'm just a giant kid.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2015, 01:25:29 AM »
I think early G3 DVDs are better than most things G4 put up since Season 2.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
I actually really, really enjoyed the G3.5 cartoon. :blush: (Not the Newborn Cuties one! LOL)  It has a sweet storyline about dealing with the difficulties of having a sibling, and taking responsibility, and lots of cute moments between the ponies, and honestly? I also think it's better than a lot of the episodes of G4 post S2. :P

I just think G4 has gone downhill, and gotten too far away from the original premise, which was a LOT like G3/G3.5. Relationships between friends, navigating problems together, and the inherent little bumps that come with building relationships. The emphasis was on the character building, and now a lot of the Mane 6 feel like stereotypes of their worst traits. :(

(This isn't to say anything against people who enjoy the later seasons, of course! I still watch the show and enjoy it, just not as much as I used to.)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2015, 01:49:05 PM »
dont really like BBEs or the eye lash princesses
i love the coy pose especialy AJ

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
While I do enjoy brushing my ponies hair and making them look pretty, I still like molded mane ponies (Funko figures for example) and I don't think they're any less of a pony than the toys that Hasbro puts out.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
I think the G1 Soft Sleepy Newborns should have been called something else.  They're not soft at all!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
I am not a fan of  molded mane ponies at all.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »
I must not be passionate enough because I don't think any of these are all that ground breaking:
1) I don't like So Softs.. or rather, I don't like the look of them, since I don't have any, maybe if I actually held one I would be swayed but I don't care for them
2) I don't really care about accessories, I'm certainly not messing with all them little ribbons (I do feel somewhat guilty about this)
3) I like blind bags (people seem split down the middle about that one)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »
I've got another one: I think the 1st 2 seasons of FiM were the worst, by far. Season 2 had some great episodes, but season 1 was lacking, predictable, boring and utterly flat, in my opinion. Season 3 was transitional in methods of storytelling, plot and character development, and it showed (coughpinkiepiecough), but imo, season 3's worst were still more enjoyable than season 1's best. Season 4 was absolutely fantastic in my eyes - overarching plot as opposed to random, contradictory mess, actual signs of character growth and maturity, way deeper themes (I will defend "Everyone learns differently, and no way is superior to another" to my grave, as well as the one in Flight to the Finish), and overall a much more thorough exploration of the show's potential. I haven't yet seen season 5, but from what I've heard it's mainly building on season 4, and doing so quite well.

Sorry if I got a bit passionate there, but the later seasons (and season 2, to an extent) of FiM give me life  :lovey:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal