collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hands off! Affordable display cabinets..?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Hands off! Affordable display cabinets..?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
If you know anyone with woodworking skills, maybe you could get them to make you some doors for your existing shelves, if you can't find any.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »
I second or third or forth IKEA bookcases with doors - a little diy will add a lock which should keep eager little fingers away from the ponies :)

Well, I just looked at this, but shipping is... INSANE!  It would have more than doubled the cost.  I don't have an IKEA here, so shipping was the only option.  But no, no way.   I would have considered if it was reasonable, but the shipping -alone- for the one Galactica showed me was $349.00.  This is just the shipping cost..!  The total would be $478!   I don't know what kind of shipping service they use, but that is crazy!  I know it is a big item, but still!

I will be searching local shops and ads.   For sure!
Oh wow that is insane-  I know shipping to me was not expensive, but I live fairly close to an Ikea so that probably explains it. I know they just drove the things from the store to me...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
I second or third or forth IKEA bookcases with doors - a little diy will add a lock which should keep eager little fingers away from the ponies :)

Well, I just looked at this, but shipping is... INSANE!  It would have more than doubled the cost.  I don't have an IKEA here, so shipping was the only option.  But no, no way.   I would have considered if it was reasonable, but the shipping -alone- for the one Galactica showed me was $349.00.  This is just the shipping cost..!  The total would be $478!   I don't know what kind of shipping service they use, but that is crazy!  I know it is a big item, but still!

I will be searching local shops and ads.   For sure!

Oh wow that's horrendous shipping. I am sure you will find perfectly good alternatives locally for much less. I am only a half hour drive from an Ikea. But if shipping was 300$ rather than 25£ g would be sourcing elsewhere as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal