collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Pacific Northwest Pony Party - August 8th (Oregon/WA)  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
2015 Pacific Northwest Pony Party - August 8th (Oregon/WA)
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
Are you looking for the 2016 Pony Party?  Go HERE: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,372145.msg1445099.html#msg1445099

4th Annual PNW Pony Party

WHEN? - August 8, 2015, 10 - 4

* WHERE? the Maple Valley Library - 21844 SE 248th St Maple Valley, WA 98038
This is a great spot- it is pretty large, and we are allowed to bring snacks and drinks- so please do!  If you have a craft table to bring, that could be very helpful as the place is a little short of tables.

* WHAT activities?

Custom contest with FABULOUS PRIZES!  (There will be a selection of prizes to choose from including GORGEOUS customs, customizing package, and various G1 and G4 ponies and FUnkos)

To qualify for the contest
1) The custom can be any generation, but if G4, it must be Fashion Style or Styling size (zilla size) (You can get a Zilla sized at Fred Meyers for between $7.99 and $9.99!)
2) You can enter only 1x

POT LUCK - bring your snacks and drinks to share!

Crafting! Bring your ponycrafts (or doll crafts if you like!) - we can craft together and some of our members are serious customizers that can offer some really great advice!

Pony garage sale!   Pony shop and swap!  Please bring your extra ponies and crafts to sell and swap, and some cash to buy if you are so inclined!  Do you customize? Bring something to sell!  Not limited to Ponies although there are always many dozens of ponies from every generation to choose from :D

Show and Tell - Bring your favorite/interesting/meaningful ponies to share!

White Elephant exchange! Bring custom bait to swap for something you'd like more! Maybe you have some extra G4s and want a G1- maybe you have a G1 and want a brushable! Maybe you have PONY CRAFTS!! Bring them all!

Coloring Contest!! - yep- just what it sounds like!

* Crafting demos!
- if people are interested - some of our more talented pony customizers (and we have some amazing ones in this group) can give some demos of some basic customizing techniques like feathering, etc.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:15:56 AM by Galactica »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Pacific Northwest Pony Party Planning Thread! (Oregon/WA)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
Summer is usually a good time for most people.  I'm not very active in the community anymore but I'll try to be there.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
You KNOW I'm in ;) Summer's as good a time as any for me. I liked the library a lot but was it too small?

Also, I was thinking that maybe our custom contest should simply be 'Fashion Styling' bait. That's it. Any theme you want, however difficult you want. What do you think?

I think we should advertise prizes earlier in advance too, to help motivate us. I'll bring back that 'customizer's basket' (I'll get pix and post them here) and add some more baits since I recently went through mine and I have a TON.

I think I'll make way bigger nametags and maybe a simple ice-breaker game.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:34:18 AM »
I agree fabulous prizes could be a motivator-  maybe I can donate a fabulous custom (not by me of course!)

I like your ideas re the contest Salli- more specific means more likely people will be able to plan and participate.

You know, the library was a little bit small that last time, I think mostly though it was the lack of table space right?  If anyone has a better location  ?

I could also bring TV tables (for mini-set ups) and I think more chairs would have been helpful...

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:20 PM »
I think we had a lack of chair space due to all the tables. There were tons of chairs in the closet. I think maybe just a better layout would help next time.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
I also really like the idea of custom contest being the fashion style size ponys there is more real-estate to create on and it would be easier and more enjoyable to view and critique with a group. :D

It seemed like there were lots of people who had items to sell and needed tables or need their own and then we also needed a space for eating/crafting and conversation. Perhaps a larger location or venue? I'll look around and see what there might be but I am assuming the main attraction of the Maple Valley library was:
  • a more or less central location
  • free space to use
Thoughts or suggestions on another area that might work for everyone so its not too far to travel?
Just throwing my ideas out there. ;)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
I also really like the idea of custom contest being the fashion style size ponys there is more real-estate to create on and it would be easier and more enjoyable to view and critique with a group. :D

It seemed like there were lots of people who had items to sell and needed tables or need their own and then we also needed a space for eating/crafting and conversation. Perhaps a larger location or venue? I'll look around and see what there might be but I am assuming the main attraction of the Maple Valley library was:
  • a more or less central location
  • free space to use
Thoughts or suggestions on another area that might work for everyone so its not too far to travel?
Just throwing my ideas out there. ;)

I don't mind traveling, so don't worry about me if that's an issue. The problem with finding something between Seattle & Portland is that none of us live there so none of us have contacts for free spaces.

Maple Valley library also had the bathrooms/kitchenette, tables and chairs. I have places here I can book that are bigger and nice, but they are too far away from you all XD

Does anyone have other public buildings they can look at? Or semi-cheap ones? We did once consider offering up some custom ponies for sale to raise money for meet space.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:23:40 PM »
I would love it to be in Washington. I've never been to a Ponymeet and I always have to head up there in the summer so if the times happened to match up and I was there when it happened, that'd be amazing. I have some ponies I might even be able to sell too, some cheap baits and blind bags but also two customs I'm not sure what to do with anymore and a lot of furniture or accessories.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:30:40 PM by Kingsly »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »
I live in Spokane... I MIGHT be able to actually make it to one of these!

:D
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:29 AM »
Kingsly and Jinxxy, we'd love to have you both!

I'll look into some rentable spaces at the parks...

Okay- from what I am seeing, the prices aren't cheap-  so lets plan for the library location (we will make better use of space and chairs) - and if someone can find a better space, than we can change it! :D

Also - I will tentatively set the date for August 1st (a Sat)  just so we can get something on the calendar. If something occurs that there are major conflicts with the date (I think in the past we have tried to compete with Everfree) then we can decide whether another date works better for most people :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:47:12 AM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »
Sounds good, Galactica. I also want to make a guest book for people to sign if they want, so we can watch how the party grows :)

Did we want to do Styling Size or Fashion Styling size? or either? I've never done a zilla but I'd love to.

Offline Jinxxy

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »
Is this an annual thing? How many showed up before?
I'd love to get out there and trade and chat :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »
Salli-  I was thinking Styling size (zilla) but maybe we should include Fashion Style size within it?

Jinxy - we have had two (maybe 3?) now- last year the group that showed up was fairly large for a pony meet- I don't recall now exactly how many, does anyone remember?  Maybe thirty something?

I just checked the library reservation site, and it appears we can only reserve a room three months in advance, so I'll try and book the room on May 1st.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:34:18 PM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
I am fine with the zilla theme, does anyone else have a problem with it? I'd be happy to do FS size as well, don't be afraid to pipe up.

No clue, hence the idea for the guest book XD Someone (Serafina, I think?) had a pic of all of the attendees from the first party. And I didn't go to the 2nd. I think you are right about there being about 30 at this last one.

Oh, that's right. What time does that library open in the morning?

Offline Jinxxy

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »
Thirty? Awesome. Are there many other things to do in the city where it's being held?
I'd likely carpool with my guy, and I'd want to make it worth his while :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal