collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: show me your collector pose mail order vs store !!! =)  (Read 1354 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
show me your collector pose mail order vs store !!! =)
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
Hiyah...just wanted to see what people have....and if I have mine categorized right...LOL....foot stamp pictures would be great!  :lol:...I will get mine on soon.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: show me your collector pose mail order vs store !!! =)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
I still to this day have no idea how to tell the difference :blush: :blush:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »
I don't know how to tell the difference besides if they're in a bag or not. I thought it was eye color? Or I'm wrong. We've had so many threads covering this, but I don't remember any really good pics to differentiate.

I believe that MO Cotton Candy has a very dark body and 4 stamped hooves.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
I have no idea which mine are either! :lol:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »
I think my Lemon Drop is the mail order, but I can't remember what made me think that!  I know there is a website that shows all the different Lemon Drops and describes them, and I know I used that.  But I can't remember the url, and I can't remember what the determining factor was in thinking my Lemon Drop was mail order.  Even at the time though I remember being kind of unsure if I was right or not since the differences were pretty subtle.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
Oh my to do list (*eye roll at self*) I have a note to do this and post as a reference...I just have never managed it. I hope someone else gets a chance to before I finally do!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 04:40:13 PM »
I wish I had pics to share! We have had these threads before (as mlp4me said), but I don't know if there were any really good pics.

If you need some background, the main thing to remember IMO is that the flat foots were first and there were seven of them (original 6 + Peachy). They were first released sometime in early 1983. Sometime during 1983, Hasbro corrected the droopy, easily tipped-over pose, so then you have concave-foot ponies, which are more upright. Lemon Drop was only released as a CF *but* her pose did change a bit as Hasbro tinkered with what we know as the "Collector's Pose." In early 1984, with the Year 2 line, Blossom and Cotton Candy were reissued, again CF, but with some color change (minor for Blossom, pretty major of Cotton Candy. She went from light pink to medium pink--this is a very noticeable difference).

When the Collector Ponies came out as MO (I believe this first happened in early 1986 w/ the Year 4 line), they were all still CFs but there were some color differences. The most noticeable to me is Cotton Candy, who now was a bright bubble gum pink (this is another significant change--this pink is quite different from the Year 2 medium pink, which is a much milder color). So you see at this point there were FOUR major Cotton Candy variations. I believe the MO Blossom is the one that is a somewhat pinker shade of lavender. I'm not good with the other differences.

MO Lemon Drop was released much later (I want to say around Year 8 or 9), and yes, I believe there are some differences there, but Lemon Drop probably has more variations than almost any other pony.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:41:58 PM by ValeofSpring »
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
What a great explanation Vale. I have both MO and CF Blossom and there is a huge colour difference. Compared side by side she really looks pink (MO that is). I would take pics now but it's night and the colours would be very muted.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
well at least I know its not just me who is not totally sure...LOL....I mean I could take a guess.....lol....I have so many of the cp because they are so different so I have no doubt I have most if not all mail order and store variants plus more...LOL

Post Merge: January 12, 2015, 09:46:41 AM

I wish I had pics to share! We have had these threads before (as mlp4me said), but I don't know if there were any really good pics.

If you need some background, the main thing to remember IMO is that the flat foots were first and there were seven of them (original 6 + Peachy). They were first released sometime in early 1983. Sometime during 1983, Hasbro corrected the droopy, easily tipped-over pose, so then you have concave-foot ponies, which are more upright. Lemon Drop was only released as a CF *but* her pose did change a bit as Hasbro tinkered with what we know as the "Collector's Pose." In early 1984, with the Year 2 line, Blossom and Cotton Candy were reissued, again CF, but with some color change (minor for Blossom, pretty major of Cotton Candy. She went from light pink to medium pink--this is a very noticeable difference).

When the Collector Ponies came out as MO (I believe this first happened in early 1986 w/ the Year 4 line), they were all still CFs but there were some color differences. The most noticeable to me is Cotton Candy, who now was a bright bubble gum pink (this is another significant change--this pink is quite different from the Year 2 medium pink, which is a much milder color). So you see at this point there were FOUR major Cotton Candy variations. I believe the MO Blossom is the one that is a somewhat pinker shade of lavender. I'm not good with the other differences.

MO Lemon Drop was released much later (I want to say around Year 8 or 9), and yes, I believe there are some differences there, but Lemon Drop probably has more variations than almost any other pony.

I totally agree....I have so many lemon drops....and also cotton candy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:46:41 AM by wizzer218 »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 03:46:42 PM »
*nods* they get confusing!  I have had MOC versions of cf Snuzzle, Blue Belle, and Blossom with combs, so I know the blossom was not the second year version.

I sold Snuzzle, but I have a mail order Blue Belle in package, as well as one I opened(liquid got in her bag!)' I can try to take some comparison pics tomorrow?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:08:36 AM »
I've always wondered why there are so many different shades of Cotton Candy!  I know what you mean about Blossom being pinkish-purple too.  I only recently heard about FF Peachy- so amazing all the history of these early ponies!  Thanks so much for sharing :)

Offline ickykitana

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »
Great description vale

And lunar your army is amazing x

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:33 AM »
My medium-pink Cotton Candy came from the store (I still have her backcard), so even color isn't a clear indicator sometimes. 

This isn't my picture, but my storebought Cotton Candy is this shade:

(Picture source)

She is from Year 2, since her backcard shows Moondancer, Firefly, etc.

Those collector ponies, always looking for ways to confuse us!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal