collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 80484 times)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2rgfte/nintendo_rep_inperson_miniama_answers_thanks/
This might be informative to some, it's answers from an AMA from a Nintendo rep.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:34 PM »
that's interesting news and I've been hoping for an amiibo only game ever since they announced them, that'd be so cool
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
I love Amiibos! I love collecting cute figurines! I collect the Disney Infinity figurines, but don't play the game. I just think they're super cute! I have Peach, Fox, Marth, and Kirby so far. I want to get Zelda, Sheik, Rosalina, Link, Sonic, and probably Yoshi. I really hope they make figures of Falco and Palutena!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that the Amiibo fad isn't gonna last too long? I have that feeling and I don't get their crummy distribution of toys. Especially since they've had plenty of toys made for years.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
With the popularity of Skylanders and Disney Infinity, I think it could possibly last a while, but they need to get more games out there that can use the amiibos or at least release an Amiibo specific game. It looks like the only game that can use all the figures is Smash Bros., but not everyone wants that game so they're going to have to get more games to use these figures. Like Mario Kart seems to only be able to use the Mario characters and the new Kirby game can only use Kirby characters. We shall see how it goes. I want it to be successful because the figurines are so cute!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »
With the popularity of Skylanders and Disney Infinity, I think it could possibly last a while, but they need to get more games out there that can use the amiibos or at least release an Amiibo specific game. It looks like the only game that can use all the figures is Smash Bros., but not everyone wants that game so they're going to have to get more games to use these figures. Like Mario Kart seems to only be able to use the Mario characters and the new Kirby game can only use Kirby characters. We shall see how it goes. I want it to be successful because the figurines are so cute!

I want them to be successful too because most of the figures are beautifully done, but the distribution is bizarre and the current in-game applications are  pfft! >_<

Ooh hey! Entertainment Earth is selling them right now

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Nintendo

Eeek! Pit and Little Mac are in stock!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:10:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »
I also hope that they'll end up being successful.  As I've said before, I mostly like them just to have as figures, but I've finally gotten the hang of how they work with Smash Bros and I look forward to using Kirby in the new Kirby game and Yoshi in the new Yoshi game when those come out.

Right now the distribution is just stupid, though.  I don't understand why some figures are exclusives. :huh: It'd make more sense if ALL of the figures were available EVERYWHERE, but then the exclusives could be the characters in their alternate outfits from Smash.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 01:18:59 PM »
I also hope that they'll end up being successful.  As I've said before, I mostly like them just to have as figures, but I've finally gotten the hang of how they work with Smash Bros and I look forward to using Kirby in the new Kirby game and Yoshi in the new Yoshi game when those come out.

Right now the distribution is just stupid, though.  I don't understand why some figures are exclusives. :huh: It'd make more sense if ALL of the figures were available EVERYWHERE, but then the exclusives could be the characters in their alternate outfits from Smash.

Well Activision did the same with Skylanders, they had Target and Toys r Us exclusives, that doesn't bother me too much, its how few of them there are that grinds my gears and how uneven so-called *less popular characters* tend to be. Samus, Kirby, Link and Yoshi are everywhere. Where's DK and Diddy? Where's Pit, Little Mac and Villager? I haven't even seen Luigi and its not as if they're from super obscure games.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:27:41 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »

Well Activision did the same with Skylanders, they had Target and Toys r Us exclusives, that doesn't bother me too much, its how few of them there are that grinds my gears and how uneven so-called *less popular characters* tend to be. Samus, Kirby, Link and Yoshi are everywhere. Where's DK and Diddy? Where's Pit, Little Mac and Villager? I haven't even seen Luigi and its not as if they're from super obscure games.
IIRC with Skylanders, their store-exclusives were variant/colors of regular characters.  Like (random example) a Dark/Black Spyro figure compared to his regular purple/normal version. Or with Disney Infinity having a crystal version of Buzz Lightyear exclusive to TRU.
This early in the amiibo release, I do feel it was a BAD idea to have store exclusives. They should have done a variant for an exclusive, or even a "variant of a new soon-to-be-released character " as the exclusive, with the regular version of said character as a wide release. Like have a Fire Flower Mario or NES/SMB-colored Bowser be exclusive to Gamestop.

I just don't see/understand how Nintendo did NOT expect amiibos to be so popular. Really, they were that surprised? xD Did they seriously think not a lot of people would buy amiibos for WFT/Villager/Marth (especially Marth - Fire Emblem has quite the fanbase, even if it's not as big as LoZ, Mario, or Pokemon). Not to mention how he became popular [outside of Japan] because of Smash Bros.)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:26 PM »
Just pre-ordered Dedede to be on the safe side

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
I wish the distribution was better. My son really wants the Wii Fit Trainer, which is, of course, one of the hardest ones to find. I should have grabbed one, along with the AC Villager when I saw them back when I got Marth.

Does anyone know if the Japanese imported figures work on a US Wii U? I saw a bunch of Japan import figures on Amazon and eBay and they were cheaper than the US ones, even with shipping, but I don't want to buy one if it won't work. I know the games are region locked, but I haven't seen anything about the Amiibos being region locked.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
Amiibos aren't supposed to be region locked, so the Japanese ones should work just fine :)

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »
I placed an order with the website you posted.  Hopefully my order is filled but I have doubt's with how hard they are to get.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2015, 08:16:18 AM »
So did everyone see the newly announced Amiibos? There's Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, PacMan, and Ness. I'm not super psyched about this wave. I like playing as Robin, but I don't know anything about his game, so I don't know if I want his figure. Charizard I'll need eventually because he's a pokemon, but he's not as exciting just because there's so much pokemon merch already. All the others I can pass on.

I went to Target yesterday to try and pre-order Rosalina, because I had it in my head somehow that they sell pre-order cards for her. (Hint: They don't.) The employee in the electronics department there said to get there early morning on release day if I want her because there's someone who has bought 300 of the Amiibos to scalp. I wasn't really clear if he meant in this particular town, or that there was just someone out there in general, but it sucks either way. But Target is pretty much an hour's drive from me, and I work, so I'm probably not going to be able to get there on release day at all, let alone right when they open!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm not crazy about this wave. but that's ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal