collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 79717 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »
I was just at my local WalMart and all they had was Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi. But my WalMart is usually really bad at keeping their stock up-to-date, so I'm not giving up hope yet. This weekend I'll head out to the nearest "big" town. 40 minutes away and try the shops there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:12 AM »
I agree, that's really stupid. And way too soon. It takes all the fun out of collecting if it turns into a "preorder it or pay 10 times the retail cost on Ebay!" thing. Marth is one of the ones I'm on the fence about, and I don't want to have to feel like I have to buy him if I see him because I won't get another chance.

I know a lot of people are importing Amiibo from other countries in to the United States, since we seem to be the only ones that have a shortage of any of them. Amiibo are not region locked (at the moment) so basically they are the exact same minus some different text on the package. I've seen people from over in the UK and Japan that have taken pictures of their stores with pegs full of Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer. I would suggest buying Marth if you ever see him, just in case. After all, if you decide you don't want him after you buy him you can always take him back or sell him to someone who is after him. But at least by having him in hand you don't have to worry about never finding him again :)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
I want to preorder Rosalina, but it seems like she'll be a Target exclusive? Their website does list her as an exclusive, but their preorder isn't available for any of the unreleased waves yet. I also want Toon Link as well, but it'd be better if I could put down my orders at the same time. Does anyone know when we will be able to preorder them on target.com?

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
I'm not sure what is going on with the Rosalina pre-orders, but I don't think there is an option any longer to pre-order her (she is a Target exclusive, and from what I've heard she's already sold out/there have been problems with pre-ordering her). I think it is currently like Shulk (Gamestop exclusive) where they have just already sold out of their available pre-order stock but haven't removed her from the site.

EDIT: There is a rumor going around that pre-orders for her will be going up/back up 'sometime later this month' but there is no exact date.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:36:24 PM by Kitkumi »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
If you sign up at NowInStock.net , they will send you emails/texts/notifications when something come back into stock or pre-order.
I know that Rosalina was back in stock on Target's site a few days ago, and pretty much Lucario (exclusive to TRU) pre-orders were available early mornings for just about five days straight.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »
http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/amiibo/
This is the link to the Nowinstock Amiibo page.

I'd be cautious believing "discontinued" rumors. It may mean that stores can't order any right now but they might pop up later on.
Nintendo knows people are upset that they can't get certain characters, it might just take a while for adjustments to be made.
It seems like they just really underestimated the fanbases the more "obscure" characters have.

You still shouldn't hesitate on picking up ones you want from retail, that's regret-free collecting 101 right there.

Right now I have Pikachu, Villager, and Fox with Captain Falcon and Shulk on order. Ness, Duck Hunt, and the rest of the Pokemon (at least Charizard) are the ones I'm looking forward to.
But to be honest, I'm buying them more for the figure than their in-game use.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 10:43:52 AM »
One thing that worries me is that Nintendo mentioned that they may bring some amiibos back...as cards. Dx Cards can be so easy to lose.

I have been tempted to buy a Peach amiibo and try to repaint her into a Daisy or one of her alternate Smash colors.

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
I hope they don't go the route of cards. The reason I'm fond of the Amiibo line is because they are releasing figures for characters who would have nothing 'collectible' made for them other wise, more than likely. Plus, since my Pokemon days, I have more than enough trading cards to last for awhile lol

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »
I hope they don't go the route of cards. The reason I'm fond of the Amiibo line is because they are releasing figures for characters who would have nothing 'collectible' made for them other wise, more than likely. Plus, since my Pokemon days, I have more than enough trading cards to last for awhile lol

same here, amiibo cards would suck and these are wonderfully detailed and affordable little figures. c'mon Nintendo don't give up! your onto something here
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »
I'm waiting super impatiently for a Robin Amiibo, and I'm hoping Nintendo would make both genders (though not getting my hopes up since Wii Fit Trainer and Villager don't have variants and probably never will if they're getting discontinued).

I'm tempted to get Yoshi and Toon Link as well, but I don't want to invest in a collection unless there is a Robin.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »
Amiibos as cards wouldn't be too bad of an idea if they were part of some standalone game, but I really don't want to see them be the "back up" for the figure-based series. Especially for the SSB series since those are based on the trophies.

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »
Plus, since my Pokemon days, I have more than enough trading cards to last for awhile lol

Haha, this, so much!

I'm going to a bigger town today so I'm really hoping I'll be able to find a Pit. Or Link. I'd even take Zelda or Kirby as a consolation prize. I just remembered that I don't actually have the Wii U version of Smash Bros yet, but my birthday is this month, so I will :P And I have Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, so I could still do SOMETHING with them in-game in the meantime.

Hoping to find new Skylanders and Zelfs too...wish me luck!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »
I was at Toys R Us today and they had a lot more Amiibos than Walmart. I saw Link, Luigi, and Zelda.  Does anyone know when Rosalina is going to be in stores?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:34 PM »
I was at Toys R Us today and they had a lot more Amiibos than Walmart. I saw Link, Luigi, and Zelda.  Does anyone know when Rosalina is going to be in stores?

Ponyfan
I believe in February, and she is a Target exclusive.

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »
Well, my search wasn't very successful! I checked TRU, WalMart, Gamestop, and Best Buy. They were all pretty wiped out as far as Skylanders and Amiibos went. I was surprised, TRU always has TONS of Skylanders, but their section looked like it hadn't been restocked since before Christmas. Same with Zelfs and MLP. No Pit anywhere. I did get Link at TRU, Zelda at Gamestop, and the Skylander Trail Blazer at Best Buy. So I didn't come home completely empty-handed, but I didn't find as much as I was looking for, either! Hopefully the shops will restock soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal