collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Air Brush for Christmas! How do I set up a working area?  (Read 388 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Air Brush for Christmas! How do I set up a working area?
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »
So this Christmas I got an airbrush! It's my very first airbrush and is going to allow me to bring my customizing to the next level! :frolic: I've gotten better at sculpting, painting, and styling over the past three years, but my FBR have been a little static in improvement over the past 6 months. Hopefully now I can improve this very important area and start creating new effects!

I want to get started with practicing and leaning how to use the airbrush (it came with a nice book on how) but I'm not sure how to set up a work area. I live in an apartment with three other people, so I don't exactly have a crafting room. Whenever I seal my ponies I go outside for a few minutes, so I've never had to have set area in my home. Could I just get a large box and cut off one side to make it fit into a corner? What size area do I block off to make sure paint doesn't get on anything? Do I need to wear clothes that could get paint all over them? Any advice on how to set up or any pro-tips on use in general would be appreciated!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
Re: Air Brush for Christmas! How do I set up a working area?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 05:06:02 PM »
Defiantly get a box you can use cardboard, cover your entire area with plastic drop tarp. And mask off an entire area for using the airbrush. You essentially want to make your own little room out of the plastic drop tarp so you don't accidently get any after spray on anything else- especially since you are sharing a work space. (Tape from celling to floor.) A face mask respirator, gloves, eye goggles, and either work/paint clothes or apron/paint suit.

I am no pro but painters tape for masking is always handy and just learning how much hand pressure to apply to your trigger. Start slowly with long steady strokes then work your way up to quick light sprays. This will help you develop your stroke speeds. Have fun and experiment away! :D   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal