collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Right now I HATE Ebay and the Global Shipping Program.... Help!  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
Right now I HATE Ebay and the Global Shipping Program.... Help!
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
So I ordered something on Ebay and it was shipped with the GSP on December 2. I recieved a message telling me the package arrived in the UK and a few days later I recieve a new mail telling me it has been dispatched and that estimated delivery is Fri. 12 Dec. - Mon. 15 Dec. Still no sign of the package and I cant track the package anywhere! I do not know where to track it, I have even tried various tracking pages online, but nothing..
I cant find a way to get in touch with Ebay without opening a case, and that doesnt seem fair to the seller, he has shipped the package and as far as he is concerned, it has arrived.
What should I do?? The package contains the most important christmas gift this for my little girls and I really thought I was safe purchasing it in the beginning of December... :wail:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Right now I HATE Ebay and the Global Shipping Program.... Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »
Uggg...the GSP program strikes again!  :crazy:

It seems odd you are not able to track the package though. I believe that is a guarantee that you can when using that program.  Have you gone to your order details page in your My Ebay and click the tracking number that was provided there? It should tell you. If not have you tried going to USPS's website?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:25:31 AM »
Yepp, I tried the USPS, but just get a NOT FOUND response. The package seems to be nowhere...  :bawl:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:09:36 AM »
Eep I'm so sorry hun - what awful timing too! :(
There is a number to call ebay on without opening a case on your seller as you are right its not their fault. I'd try that - but its not always easy to find the number these days. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.   Lemme see if I can find something...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »
Also, if you choose the "other" option when sending a message to the seller, it won't open up a case.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »
If the package arrived to the GSP centre in Kentucky, then the seller won't be out of pocket. If it went missing after they shipped it from Kentucky, then it's the GSP's fault, and they take the financial loss. If it never made it that far, then the seller is found at fault and they have to refund.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14:06 AM »
Thank you all  :heart: Yes, I always use the "other"-option because of that, I just figured the seller wouldnt know anything about it.. :(
The weirdest part is that yesterday I noticed that I get more info from the Ebay-app than the site. The app says Delay - On hold - traveller hold Alfreton, 3 days ago. I am really upset, the package most definately wont get here for christmas and the estimated delivery on the auction was december 12-15!!
If it doesnt get here for christmas I will have to buy something else for my girls, but I do not want to send back the package. It is a very big package and it will cost me A LOT. Is there any chance I can get some money back from Ebay for ruining Christmas? :mad:

Post Merge: December 22, 2014, 02:05:44 PM

OMG! I am so furious right now!! :mad: I contacted the seller and he says that the package has been delivered, just as I though, he has no idea that the GSP first sends to the UK, then forwards the package to me...! :cry:
What am I going to do??
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:05:44 PM by Baby Mischief »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 01:56:03 AM »
I would open a case, if you are eligible for eBay Buyer Protection and eBay finds in your favor in a case stemming from your purchase of a GSP item under the Program, the applicable coverage amount will include the Program Fees that you paid for the GSP Item. Pitney Bowes (GSP provider) is responsible for the reshipping portion and non delivery. The seller’s responsibility for the shipment ends once it reaches eBay’s warehouse in Kentucky. So your seller will be covered in that regard. It will be up to eBay to handle the issue, as in refunding your money for non delivery. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 03:38:09 AM »
I would open a case, if you are eligible for eBay Buyer Protection and eBay finds in your favor in a case stemming from your purchase of a GSP item under the Program, the applicable coverage amount will include the Program Fees that you paid for the GSP Item. Pitney Bowes (GSP provider) is responsible for the reshipping portion and non delivery. The seller’s responsibility for the shipment ends once it reaches eBay’s warehouse in Kentucky. So your seller will be covered in that regard. It will be up to eBay to handle the issue, as in refunding your money for non delivery. 

This is good advice from Ponylady ^^ Open the case and let ebay sort it out .
  I'm so sorry sweetie   :(  :hug:
TBH this is freaking me out a bit as well. I have an parcel coming from the US via the awful GSP. It arrived here in the UK a few days back, I checked the tracking again this morning and it comes up with my name and that its delivered..but it isn't!   it better arrive today :cry:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 08:49:01 AM »

This is good advice from Ponylady ^^ Open the case and let ebay sort it out .
  I'm so sorry sweetie   :(  :hug:
TBH this is freaking me out a bit as well. I have an parcel coming from the US via the awful GSP. It arrived here in the UK a few days back, I checked the tracking again this morning and it comes up with my name and that its delivered..but it isn't!   it better arrive today :cry:

UK customs have a nasty habit of updating the tracking to "final delivery" etc, when it reaches customs (instead of, yannow, the "In customs" update they're SUPPOSED to use). I'm sure it's fine :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
Yeah thankfully that was prolly what happened. It arrived safely later that day *sigh of relief* :)

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »
Still no sign of the package... I asked Ebay to "step in" the other day, still no response. Im out 94GBP and I have no package, so they better hurry up "investigating" as they call it.. :mad:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 04:26:53 PM »
Ugh what a pain!  they will refund you if they cant find your package though - they have to as its their stupid GSP that there is a problem with, not the seller  :hug:  . I guess the seller is a bit clueless about how GSP works (and not surprisingly really as it can get pretty confusing) . Hopefully they'll hurry up and get it sorted but there will still be delays possibly due to New Year :(

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
So I got my money back.. But that doesnt get me in a better mood as I really wanted my package.. They also made this comment: We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. Unfortunately your item was lost en route to you. We're issuing you a refund for this case.

My item was lost you tell me? How can a package that big get lost?!!? I am so mad right now!! :shakefist:
The auction was at a great price with all these extras and I will never ever find anything like it for that price again.. :cry:
I will add a link to the auction (hope that is ok?) Seriously, that package must have been huge! How can someone "misplace" it??

Here it is!

As I see it, I got my hopes up for this awesome Playmobil set, spend hours debating with the seller and Ebay, and all I get is MY money back - the money I had from the start! And no package. What the h..l!
:wail:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 04:32:04 AM »
:(  that was an awesome set.  Do they do those in the US?  if they do then you have a better chance at finding one for a good price. We have plenty Playmobil stuff in the UK. I know a family who run an awesome toy shop that used to stock a lot . They prolly still do, but what the seller said in the auction is also true - the price of a new set in the UK is crazy high, even with a discount I might be able to get.
 I wouldn't have risked sending that one via GSP if I were that seller TBH. I feel your disappointment. really :sad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal