collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Calling vintage Polly Pocket experts! What do I have? Price check?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
I have a Polly Pocket collection that I know virtually nothing about (other than it makes me smile!).  I only have a few figures and I'm not sure if they go to any of the sets I have.  I know some PP sets seem to be worth a bit and some don't go for much.  I thought before I spend a lot of time researching, I'd ask you lovely people your advice!

These are in good but not mint condition.  2 of the play-sets are identical.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Calling vintage Polly Pocket experts! What do I have? Price check?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:18:06 PM »
Wow! That is quite a collection! Are these from your childhood?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
This is a fantastic site for identifying vintage Polly Pockets: http://www.onlypollypocket.com/

You can look sets up by year (usually this is printed on the back/bottom of the compact under the Bluebird logo) and they even have a section to identify the dolls.

Hope this helps you figure out what you have!

Offline Aadra310

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
Wow! That is quite a collection! Are these from your childhood?

Only a few shells.  Some are my sister-in-law's and others I've picked up here and there over the years!  I can't resist 80s and 90s toys.  Hence, why I had to start an etsy store!  Most of the items I've sold on there were my childhood toys (or my brothers) and/or stuff we collected years ago!

This is a fantastic site for identifying vintage Polly Pockets: http://www.onlypollypocket.com/

THANK YOU!  That's half the battle- finding decent sites to reference!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:19:47 PM by Aadra310 »

roselalonde

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »
Ooohhh very nice! I'm not an expert but I have a ton of 80's Polly Pockets from when I was little, and I have several of the ones in your collection. I did a bit of research awhile back and really what matters is whether or not the set is complete-the shells themselves aren't worth that much, but if you have the little Pollys that go with each set then usually the sets will be bumped up $30-$40. If I'm correct the compacts will be around $30 with the Pollys and the houses will be around $40 with the Pollys. Your castle is probably worth a good chunk of change, especially if it's in good condition. But again the price will go down significantly without all the dolls and accessories. I hope that helps a bit! :good:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:45:30 AM »
I just found out recently that my mom sold all my vintage Polly Pockets...  :drunk:  I had over 30-40 sets, completed with figures.  She was proud of herself for getting $200 off of Craigslist.  I told her she probably undersold herself by a LOT (I'm guessing at least $1,000)!  Not to mention I actually wanted them.  :cry:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aadra310

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 07:54:52 AM »
I told her she probably undersold herself by a LOT (I'm guessing at least $1,000)!  Not to mention I actually wanted them.  :cry:

Oh, that's a complete bummer.  Sometimes helpful parents aren't so helpful.

but if you have the little Pollys that go with each set then usually the sets will be bumped up $30-$40. If I'm correct the compacts will be around $30 with the Pollys and the houses will be around $40 with the Pollys. Your castle is probably worth a good chunk of change, especially if it's in good condition. But again the price will go down significantly without all the dolls and accessories. I hope that helps a bit! :good:

That is  good info!  I wish I had more Polly's but even kids who took excellent care of their toys (me ;) ) still managed to lose these things!  I took a look at that website and WOW!  I didn't realize there were so many sets! 

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »
Oh! I see the Cinderella-style castle off the top of my head!!!! Theres an even bigger Cinderella by Star Castle too! So lovely, what a FANTASIC collection you have!! I love the old Polly Poclets and Star Castles!! I used to have some myself! Boy oh boy do I miss em'  :blush:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:01:20 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal