collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Received neutral feedback on eBay :( **UPDATE 02/01/15**  (Read 2462 times)

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Received neutral feedback on eBay :(
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
If it makes you feel better, when I see a seller with a zillion positive and one negative from a jerk off, I will often contact the seller for the user ID of the buyer so I can add them to my block list.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 12:54:56 AM »
Thanks again for the pick-me-up guys, you're awesome :D

I refunded my seller buyer and she messaged me last night thanking me and asking if she should return the ponies (I said no ;) ) and said she would contact eBay about the feedback (as it was a mistake) when she gets back from vacation :)

I'm glad this seems to be working out in the end. Even if she can't sort out the feedback for whatever reason, I feel better knowing it's been sorted out anyways :)

xxx
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:06:46 PM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
I know you're a great seller!! I'm sure everyone else does too!!

Jules x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:26 PM »
You can send your buyer a request for feedback revision, you can see the info here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html#how

They only have 10 days to respond to the request so it is probably best to contact them and see when it would be convenient to send the request (such as when they get back from vacation).

Hope this helps! :)

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »
I got a neutral once, I know how it feels.  I think buyers will see your enormous collection of good feedback, scrupulously accurate and well presented listings and still have confidence.

This is how I feel as a buyer.  If I see someone has neutral feedback and tons of other good comments, I don't really worry about it!  I just assume it was a fluke, or a buyer can be overly critical, or a whole host of other things!  But I wouldn't let it defer me.  Don't worry about it too much!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »
As a buyer if a seller has one or 2 negatives or neutrals and a ton of positive feedback I don't worry about it at all. I think there are just some people who are way too critical.

enabler

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 06:06:45 PM »
As an ebayer, I have only ever given negative feedback once, and neutral once. The negative one was when a seller gave me negative feedback as a buyer, and it has been so long ago I honestly cannot remember the reason why they did, but it was probably because as a buyer, I do not leave any feedback until the seller leaves feedback... so they probably were trying to get back at me for that. After contacting them repeatedly to find out why I had negative feedback they eventually said they would change it with the feedback revision, so when they did I also changed mine but only to neutral, not positive, and included in the feedback notes that they seller gave a buyer negative feedback for asking for feedback to be left.

As a seller, I only get feedback about half the time. I don't even care about it anymore. I should have a lot higher feedback rating than I do, but if I have to send a message to a buyer asking for them to leave feedback, instead of them just doing it, I am not even going to waste my time because most of the time they still won't do it.

(FYI, none of this was pony-related! :) )

Edit: Also, I rarely pay any attention to the feedback rating unless they are under like... 95 or 93%. If they have something like 80-85% I start reading feedback to see what the deal is. But most of the time I don't know if a buyer/seller has any negatives or neutrals unless I just happened to look at their ebay profile page. So, I understand where you are coming from, and it sucks having that tarnish on your record, but from a buyer's standpoint, it probably won't hurt your sales. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:10:33 PM by enabler »

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 12:05:47 AM »
As a buyer if a seller has one or 2 negatives or neutrals and a ton of positive feedback I don't worry about it at all. I think there are just some people who are way too critical.

This. I usually check the feedback, and if the seller has few neutrals/negatives, I look when they have gotten it, and what they say. To this day, I have never desided not to buy because of a few Negs/neutrals. :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 04:50:30 AM »
Thanks again for the pick-me-up guys, you're awesome :D

I refunded my seller and she messaged me last night thanking me and asking if she should return the ponies (I said no ;) ) and said she would contact eBay about the feedback (as it was a mistake) when she gets back from vacation :)

I'm glad this seems to be working out in the end. Even if she can't sort out the feedback for whatever reason, I feel better knowing it's been sorted out anyways :)

xxx

:bigups:  that's great -  I'm really glad that you and the buyer managed to sort things out and hopefully that feedback will be removed now  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »
You're all right about a couple negs/neutrals not really being such a bother as I buy a lot on eBay myself and it never deters me. Should have thought about that really haha!

Pony hugs xxx

enabler

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
I had this happen to me once also, but it was as a buyer sending a message to a seller and they never responded. Well, like with you, turns out, the message never sent. After that, I started ticking the box that says "send a copy of message to my e-mail address" and that way I know for sure if the message got sent out. If I can get it in my email, they should get it in theirs/on their ebay account. :)

So, for future reference, if you don't already, you can try ticking that box and if you don't get an email with the message within 5-10 minutes of you sending it, send another until you get it, haha.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »
Great minds think alike, I've started doing that too :) I have to remember to untick it when I send invoices though or I get a few hundred copies of those clogging up my inbox haha! :) xx

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Actually I really feel for you Sarah-Bee, that happens to me all the time both here and on ebay when i send PMs on my phone. They just don't seem to work, and I always forget and send them anyway - I've missed out on so many sales/buys that way!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
Re: Received neutral feedback on eBay :( **UPDATE 02/01/15**
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »
UPDATE!

The feedback has been revised by the buyer to positive :D I'm thrilled! I'm happy that I don't have a black mark against me simply because of a problem with a message not going through but I'm more happy that my buyer is happy :D :D

*happy dance*

Just wanted to let you know :)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
Re: Received neutral feedback on eBay :( **UPDATE 02/01/15**
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Congratulations Sarah! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal