collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE! ALL FINISHED! Was: Any Problems With HoustonCollector72?  (Read 19686 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE! MORE ADVICE PLEASE! Was: Any Problems With HoustonCollector72?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
I agree with Stormy's reasoning here.

Houston, you are now being deliberately belligerent. The OP is offering you a refund but is unable to do so all in one deposit.
This does NOT mean she is out to swindle you, or to steal from you.

The accusations of theft that have been thrown are wildly inaccurate.

Houston - it boils down to this. If you want your money back, you will have to WAIT or end up with nothing whatsoever.

Under no circumstances do I believe the MOC was deliberately left out and resold. This community is too small to support the MOC being resold without news of it reaching someone's ears. The more you stress about this, and develop theories, the more you will stress yourself and alienate the community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »
Around the holidays, many families face the reality of pinching pennies. People in general live like his day-to-day, and I wouldn't have a problem with accepting a refund for the total in two payments. I have made many purchases in payment installments and many of us here have as well. We did not have ebay buyer protection or Paypal to back us up, but this community is based on trust. Thunder is a very well-trusted member with a solid reputation. If you are given the option for the entire refund of the stolen pony, that's the best thing she can do. 

This time of the year people do have their packages stolen more than usual. This comes down to the hiring of holiday workers. While many of them are average people like you and I, or possible already working for the company, they require it to keep up with the demands of the increased package volume.
However, holiday workers do not receive the years of training, experience, and dedication that the average parcel delivery worker receives. Becoming a delivery driver or a customs officer is something that people really honour having as a job, but there are always the bad seeds.

I am sure Thunder will also continue to persue the case to find out everything she can about what went down in between her shipment and your receipt. If you were to not receive the payment from her, there's no problem with you letting everyone know that. You would both have PayPal records to support whether the refund was sent or not. I do not see this happening, she has no problem paying you back for the pony and I would have faith in that. This is someone who you have the pleasure of knowing they're honest and willing to make their buyer happy. 
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
All three were definitely sent. That part I am sure of. I keep all my MOC G2 For Sale in one spot, all together. I went back, made sure it was not in that box, made sure it was not on the bed where I go through the box (The box containing the MOC G2 For Sale is in the closet of the spare bedroom), checked on the floor, under the bed, in the closet, and then checked the table where I actually packed the box. I checked in all these spots, twice. I then wanted to triple check and try something. So I went and got a styrofoam box, exactly like the one I shipped the ponies in. And I then repacked it in exactly the same way as the first one. Same ponies, same peanuts, same foam, same layers. And it ended up weighing 801 grams. If I take one set of twins out, it weighs 80 grams less. The parcel I sent to Houston weighs 804 grams (as shown on the postal/customs form stuck to the box). The 3 grams difference can be accounted for by the weight of the paper and tape used on the final box when it was shipped.

(And just so we are totally clear, the ponies I used to test the weight when I redid the package, were from my own collection. They were the same ponies (Elegant, Ladybug Twins, and Dancer Twins. But the dancer twins were in a different language card. I have been selling my doubles, which have accumulated over the years as I completed my own collection.)(The twins sold were Celeste and Lucerno, the ones I kept were ... Piprezetta and something. Sorry, they're not right here in front of me and I don't recall the exact spelling). 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »
I think $25 now and $25 when the postal claim clears is fair. I don't think it's either of your faults and neither should be punished.

Agreed.  :)  I've received things shipped in Styrofoam boxes as well and those things are practically unbreakable.  It sounds like it's the PO's fault somehow, not Thunderwing's, so she shouldn't bear the brunt of the punishment.  This way, neither one of you bears more than the other, it just takes a bit longer to reach the same conclusion. 

Yup, I think this is fair as well.

It takes time. That's how postal insurance works. You have to file claims and go through a crazy process to get your money back. So that's what thunderwing is doing. A little patience and understanding goes a long way and it seems like thunderwing has done nothing wrong and is going through the proper steps to file to get that money back.

Agreed!  *pony hugs to all* 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
I agree with Stormy's reasoning here.

Houston, you are now being deliberately belligerent. The OP is offering you a refund but is unable to do so all in one deposit.
This does NOT mean she is out to swindle you, or to steal from you.

The accusations of theft that have been thrown are wildly inaccurate.

Houston - it boils down to this. If you want your money back, you will have to WAIT or end up with nothing whatsoever.

Under no circumstances do I believe the MOC was deliberately left out and resold. This community is too small to support the MOC being resold without news of it reaching someone's ears. The more you stress about this, and develop theories, the more you will stress yourself and alienate the community.
Closing my claim now and accepting just 25 and a promise to be paid later,will guarantee just the refund i receive now ,
does that " later " has a set date, or is it just floating in the future ?
they way she told me is that the "later" depends of the insurance claim outcome and that is not ok with me

Post Merge: December 16, 2014, 10:12:39 PM

But  I will take ponies if she does not have all the money
send me the refund of 25 and send the rest on ponies 

Post Merge: December 16, 2014, 10:21:43 PM

I have sent a PM to Thunderwing , I will accept a  refund with ponies she has for sale.

waiting on her response
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:21:43 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Are you going to pay her for the shipping of these ponies?

And of course "later" is just floating out there.  The "later" refers to whenever the PO gets around to settling the insurance claim.  Thunder has NO control over that.  She's provided them all the information either of you have, and there is nothing else to do but wait.  That's the way it works for everyone. 

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2014, 07:37:24 AM »
After all the mudslinging and the name calling and accusations on here, you STILL want more Ponies? What if THOSE get lost? Are you serious? Wait for the other $25 and be done with it.

Thunderwing, I will gladly forward you $25 to be done with this. Enough is enough.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2014, 07:40:05 AM »
After all the mudslinging and the name calling and accusations on here, you STILL want more Ponies? What if THOSE get lost? Are you serious? Wait for the other $25 and be done with it.

Thunderwing, I will gladly forward you $25 to be done with this. Enough is enough.

And I'll go halfsies with you, good lord. 

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »

I'll pitch in, too, criminey (I'm serious!) I can't stand this guys attitude!! Just miserable, childish and quite embarrassing to watch. No one should be put through this.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2014, 12:13:47 PM »

I'll pitch in, too, criminey (I'm serious!) I can't stand this guys attitude!! Just miserable, childish and quite embarrassing to watch. No one should be put through this.
To all 3 of you  ,Thanks for your opinions
and like I stated before , The attitude here goes both ways ! Calling me whatever you  like does not make you any better here,and her agenda succeeds ,your opinions are an intent to make me feel bad for wanting my money back and speak up against another member that for whatever reason did not delivered the goods paid .
Thanks but no thanks, gang up on someone else you 3

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
I am also willing to put up the $25, so that Thunderwing then owes ME and not you.

HoustonCollector - you need to stop accusing people of ganging up on you, and consider your own actions. Remember the ol' Dr Phil adage - with every finger you point, three are point back towards you.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »
I thought the OPs original post sounded accusatory (seems milder now than I remember though, maybe just in comparison to the accusations thrown now) and I would be outraged to see that speculated to the community about me too and I can see how one might accuse back. I think this manner of showcasing the problem would rub most anyone the wrong way. Although I understand the reasoning for it. Just putting my thoughts in on his behavior. Sucks to have the community talking about whether or not you're a scammer when you've done nothing wrong. It's important to remain civil though, Houston.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
Wow.  Multiple people have stated (myself included) that shipping in a Styrofoam box has never been an issue with the post office before so there is no way Thunder can be held at fault here.  Yet you are still unwilling to work with her on a refund pending the insurance claim?  Do you really think she should have to eat the damage herself, when she is not at fault?  True, you are not at fault either.  That is why giving a 25$ refund now and a 25$ refund if insurance claim goes through is very fair.  If she gave you 50$ now but the claim was denied then she would be out the 50$ through no fault of her own.  If the claim doesn't go through and she refunds you half, then you have both born the damage equally.  That is fair.  It isn't fair if you accept 25$ and ponies because again, if the claim is denied then she is out the entire damage and you are out nothing. 

Seriously, your reaction in this thread has been very poor.  It seems you are very nice to deal with when things go well, but when there are problems you are less than civil.  This is where a truly good trader shows their worth- when there are problems.  Because of your lack of patience in this and Closet's transaction, I will avoid dealing with you in the future.

ETA: And seriously if we're passing around a collection plate to make this go away, let me know because I'll gladly chip in.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2014, 02:56:36 PM »
My opinion is you should wait for the post office claim before issuing a refund.

What I see is bordering on harassment and extortion for a buying to try illicit money/items out of a seller if one or both parties are already going through the steps of starting a claim with the post office.

As a seller I would point this out to the post office/ in the claim if someone were insisting I had to send a refund or ponies for situation like this before the PO had made a ruling on it.

Because no matter who the buyer is, if the claim goes through in favor of buyer and seller, the buyer would in effect be getting paid double, both from the seller and the PO.

So honestly I do not think any action should be taken till the post office gives it's opinion/action on the situation.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »
KarentheUnicorn - usually the post office would pay the seller because that's where the contract lies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal