collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How many are like me? (Picture heavy)  (Read 3379 times)

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
How many are like me? (Picture heavy)
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
When I am tired enough I can fall asleep but its a comfort to cuddle with my plush. I find it so relaxing and stress relieving to end my long day with holding my stuffed animal in my arms and petting her while I go to sleep. I know this is weird to some people but its what makes my nights not feel so lonely. I live in an apartment and I am single. I don't have enough money to make a pet deposit or pay for vet bills. It would be very lonely if I did not have her. I love my Rosetta.

Am I the only one or is there more here who do the same thing?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:07:45 PM by Abba »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How many are like me?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
I sleep with stuffed animals :) I find it more comfortable to sleep with my arms around something. I've tried pillows but it's not nearly as nice as using a stuffed animal.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »
I sleep with two stuffed animals, even though I have my fiance. :lol:

One of them is an Ampharos plush that I got a few years back, and the other is a small lion that my fiance gave me as a Christmas gift when we first started dating.  It means a lot to me because it's the stuffed animal he slept with as a child, and his reason for giving it to me was that he figured it'd be a lot more loved in my arms than sitting in his closet.  It'll always be one of my favorite gifts.  :blush:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:18:30 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Niksilp

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »
I have a huge crocodile plush that I cuddle with at night. It definitely makes me feel better to have it.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
Hubby and I both sleep with stuffed animals.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
I've always, always slept with soft toys. Most of them are fairly small, perhaps Beanie Kid sized- they fit in nicely under my arm as I curl up to go to sleep. I generally cycle through them every month or so as the mood takes me, but there are some that stick around as snugglebuddies longer than others. Right now, I'm quite fond of this Luna; she's huge, and so soft!

I also have the Fluttershy nightlight plushie. She's quite comforting.
:fox:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
I've slept with a floppy dog plush almost as long as I am tall since I was little. It started because my hips hurt if my knees are touching. Years later, I still love Doggy. He gets extra polyester stuffing once in a while because of how old he is now. My partner thinks its normal. :shrug:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
I still sleep with stuffed animals and feel weird if I don't. I always have the same four plushies in bed with me. A BAB Thylacine, another Thylacine plushie from Australia, an African Wild Dog, and a tiger.

The Thylacine and tiger have special significance. I had a thylacine plushie that got left on an airplane on my way to college and after frantically calling around to try and find it ultimately it was lost. A week later I got a package and inside was the exact same thylacine plushie. My mom ordered a new plushie for me and kept the order a secret.

The tiger was also an act of kindness. My friend and I were scheduled to go to the zoo together but I was in so much pain I couldn't go and ended up stuck in bed (a cyst burst.) I told her to go without me and she came back with the tiger plushie for me.

Duster reference]

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:40:15 PM »
I have slept with a stuffed tiger for years, I lost my childhood care bear in a flood and the tiger replaced her. I still slept with my tiger when I stayed with my ex, she didn't care. I think its more normal than we realize, just a lot of people find it embarassing and won't admit to it.

I also have one of those giant pillow pets, its a rainbow unicorn called gertrude, a couple of my friends brought her for me from the kids for Christmas a few years ago. Gertrude comes with me when I go anywhere, all my friends think im bonkers if I sleep over and bring a giant rainbow unicorn pillow with me but they all know me well enough to know this is my normal :)

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
I still sleep with teddy bears. I have always been attached to them since I was young. I still have my favorite teddy bear from when I was little. He is an old Yogi Bear plush that I named Hoagie for some reason. I don't do it as much as I used to simply because my husband and 9 times out of 10 my 2 year old are in the bed with me so it doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else. But any chance I get.....when my daughter is sleeping in her room....I grab one of my bears. It is a very comfortable feeling. I guess it isn't for everybody but you are definitely not alone. :)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »
Angry Shroomish lives on my bed. The other 2 are trespassing

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
I feel kinda naked without my favorite Blankee. It's what I need to fall asleep easier.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »
I'm actually kind of glad this thread got started, because now I don't feel like such a crazy person  :yikes:

I still sleep with my Teddy Beddy Bear blanket puppets. I've had them both practically my whole 29 years of existence (I believe I was either 1 year old or between birth and 1 year when I got the first), and I pack them whenever I travel, too...they are still such a comfort to me.

This isn't either of mine, but just a photo from Google images so you know what I'm talking about:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 10:48:02 PM »
I love plushies! I love to hug and snuggle them, I cuddle my pillows... my brother still sleeps with his baby blanket. He's had more and more material added as he grew. I keep mine safe, but nuzzle it sometimes.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline evilbunnyfoofoo

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
My partner and I have a bed full of plushie pals! There's no shame in it. They're cuddly and soft, and it makes the bed seem like a little nest. I can't sleep without at least my elephant Norton, so I'll even pack him to go on trips.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal