collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MIP RAPUNZEL- a childhood dream  (Read 1940 times)

ponygrl07

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MIP RAPUNZEL- a childhood dream
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »
CONGRATS! So exciting to see grails!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
Wow a very dreamy pony indeed! I would be so tempted to remove her from that bag, it's a good thing you won her!

She is suuuuper lovely and perfect!

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
Congrats! She's lovely!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
Beautiful! Congrats on getting your childhood dream pony!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »
She's beautiful! The only problem is that it would be practically a crime to take her out of the bag! XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Holy smokes, what a brag!  And what a great story too -- I think the fact that you wanted her since childhood makes it that much more special!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
She is beautiful. Congrats.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »
It takes some willpower not to remove her from her bag .. ughhh..HEHE.. But on the other hand it is lovely to see her displayed in her bag..

Fun facts:
I did some research on the story of rapunzel and although the story has german roots it is thought that the story originated from an ancient persian legend.
The maidens name was Rudaba and the prince was named Zal.. If you put those two names together you can see how the name Rapunzel could be derivative of them.

Description of Rudaba:
About her silvern shoulders two musky black tresses curl,encircling them with their ends as though they were links in a chain.
Her mouth resembles a pomegranate blossom,
Her eyes are like the narcissus in the garden and her lashes draw their blackness from the raven's wing.
Her eyebrows are modelled on the bows of Teraz powdered with fine bark and elegantly musk tinted.
If you seek a brilliant moon, it is her face; if you long for the perfume of musk, it lingers in her tresses
From top to toe she is Paradise gilded; all radiance, harmony and delectation.
(Shahnama 1:21-3)
It was this description and Rudaba's physical beauty that initially attracted Zal. Rudaba also consulted her ladies-in-waiting about Zal. Zal came to the walls of Rudaba's palace where Rudaba let down her hair for Zal as a rope and he immediately climbed from base to summit. Rudaba seated Zal on the roof and they both talked to each other which was unacceptable according to Persian tradition.

Zal, consulted his advisors over Rudaba. They at last advised him to write a full account of the circumstances to his father, Sam. Sam and the Mubeds, knowing that Rudaba's father, chief of Kabul, was Babylonian from the family of Zahhak, did not approve of the marriage. Zal reminded his father of the oath he had made to fulfill all his wishes.

Finally, the ruler referred the question to astrologers, to discover whether the marriage between Zal and Rudaba would be prosperous or not and he was informed that a child of Zal and Rudabeh would be the conqueror of the world. When Zal arrived at the court of Manuchihr, he was received with honour, and having read the letter of Sam, the Shah approved of the marriage.

The marriage took place in Kabul, where Zal and Rudaba first met each other.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
Major congrats on having found her MIP! I love the persian Story you added:)
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 06:34:51 AM »
It takes some willpower not to remove her from her bag .. ughhh..HEHE.. But on the other hand it is lovely to see her displayed in her bag..

Fun facts:
I did some research on the story of rapunzel and although the story has german roots it is thought that the story originated from an ancient persian legend.
The maidens name was Rudaba and the prince was named Zal.. If you put those two names together you can see how the name Rapunzel could be derivative of them.

Description of Rudaba:
About her silvern shoulders two musky black tresses curl,encircling them with their ends as though they were links in a chain.
Her mouth resembles a pomegranate blossom,
Her eyes are like the narcissus in the garden and her lashes draw their blackness from the raven's wing.
Her eyebrows are modelled on the bows of Teraz powdered with fine bark and elegantly musk tinted.
If you seek a brilliant moon, it is her face; if you long for the perfume of musk, it lingers in her tresses
From top to toe she is Paradise gilded; all radiance, harmony and delectation.
(Shahnama 1:21-3)
It was this description and Rudaba's physical beauty that initially attracted Zal. Rudaba also consulted her ladies-in-waiting about Zal. Zal came to the walls of Rudaba's palace where Rudaba let down her hair for Zal as a rope and he immediately climbed from base to summit. Rudaba seated Zal on the roof and they both talked to each other which was unacceptable according to Persian tradition.

Zal, consulted his advisors over Rudaba. They at last advised him to write a full account of the circumstances to his father, Sam. Sam and the Mubeds, knowing that Rudaba's father, chief of Kabul, was Babylonian from the family of Zahhak, did not approve of the marriage. Zal reminded his father of the oath he had made to fulfill all his wishes.

Finally, the ruler referred the question to astrologers, to discover whether the marriage between Zal and Rudaba would be prosperous or not and he was informed that a child of Zal and Rudabeh would be the conqueror of the world. When Zal arrived at the court of Manuchihr, he was received with honour, and having read the letter of Sam, the Shah approved of the marriage.

The marriage took place in Kabul, where Zal and Rudaba first met each other.

Thank you for posting this.  You are like one of a very few who know that Rapunzel was not always a blonde German fairytale girl.  There are other versions I am sure you ran into during your research too like the modeling of the story after St. Barbara.  Most young people think the story is "Tangled" and maybe know about "another Rapunzel story".  Most adults know Tangled was based off of Grimm because they were familiar with the Rapunzel story before Disney.  Few people know that there were stories long before Grimm's version was penned down and spread.  Kind of like with Cinderella which has different versions throughout the world.  I think some of the earliest known occured in China and she was Chinese. 

Offline ladysidal

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Tout arrive pour une raison.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Daily Glad."
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
She is so beautiful. Congrats on getting her.
My name is Glad. I'm glad to meet you.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
Woooooowwwwww!!  She is absolutely stunning!  It must have been such an amazing feeling when you won her!  She is so mint and wonderful!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 02:45:22 PM »
Oh.... my... MIP... :faint:

Congrats on such a huge grail! I'm so glad you got her after all these years :)

And that version of Rapunzel is interesting! I had always thought she was a blonde from "the golden stair" part of the poem but looks like that is one of probably many versions :lol:
My Wish List

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »
Awesome!   Glad you got the pony you have wanted for so long!!  ^.^

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »
She's stunning!  Congratulations on her! 

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal