collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [Non-pony] Refunded but marked as unpaid  (Read 538 times)

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
[Non-pony] Refunded but marked as unpaid
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
Hey! Just a bit unsure of what to do in this situation :huh:
my mum recently bought an item of eBay and after paying she got a message from the seller saying that the item was out of stock and got refunded. Later she got an email from eBay saying that the item had been marked as dispatched and needed to be paid. Not wanting to get into trouble, bless her  :P, she paid for it again.
She then got a bit of a rude message from the seller saying that they had refunded her again because she paid again. After that she got another email from eBay that she needed to pay.

I'm assuming this is just a case of the seller not cancelling the transaction and she shouldn't worry about it, but she's understandably a bit confused. What would you suggest she do?

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Re: [Non-pony] Refunded but marked as unpaid
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:53:04 AM »
I've had something like this happen before, where the seller refunds the cost but doesn't close or change the order in any fashion.

My assumption is that the seller takes some sort of a hit if they did?  Honestly not sure, I haven't been the seller in that situation.

What happened in my case is that I just left it alone, and eventually eBay archived the transaction and forgot about it.  Maybe there's a better solution, but that's worked for me before, if nothing else.

I'd definitely make sure to keep the messages from the seller, in case there's an issue down the line, but I keep all of my eBay messages for that reason anyway.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:55:14 AM by Alipes »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
The seller can't cancel the transaction- they have to request that the buyer do so? I don't know why she wouldn't have done that, honestly.

The fact that ebay is messaging saying that the package was dispatched, doesn't make any sense to me.

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
The seller can't cancel the transaction

Really? That sounds strange to me :/

We've just been leaving it so far, good to know that's the best thing to fo, I'll let her know, thanks guys! Definitely going to leave negative feedback though...  :enraged:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 01:56:57 AM »
Galactica is right that a seller themselves can't just cancel the transaction. Yes, they can refund you but even so the transaction will still show. They must send you a cancel transaction request. The only reason I can think of why they did not is it may be considered a defect and count against their seller performance because it was an out of stock item. The seller should either be using eBay's handy little out of stock feature for that or keep better tabs on his inventory. I think the problem though most likely for out of stock items is that some sellers use dropshippers (move (goods) from the manufacturer directly to the retailer without going through the usual distribution channels). While that is not a good excuse, unexpected things do happen. The seller though should know how these things work though. The problem could have definitely been avoided.

Why eBay is still sending you emails to pay most likely has to do with it not being canceled. I am going to assume that anyways. So your seller needs to get on the stick and cancel it to avoid any further confusion. As for the email that it was shipped, I have no idea unless they marked it shipped, then you should not have received that email. So again your seller obviously does not have a clue.  :blink:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
I had that happen on a nonpony purchase a few weeks ago, too.  It is still sitting in my ebay account, asking to be paid, although ebay only sent 1 reminder about a week after I was refunded.  Seller refunded me after pulling a bait and switch, telling me the item was already sold in one email, "too damaged" in the next, and offering me a different, cheaper item instead.  I declined and was refunded.  They also marked it as sent.
I wonder if maybe ebay *does* put a little black mark in their book for things like that?  It would be interesting to learn.
Frustrating.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal