collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Do I Politley Ask if They Have Feedback? What if they dont?  (Read 991 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
How Do I Politley Ask if They Have Feedback? What if they dont?
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
Looking for a little help on how to politely ask a member if they have feedback here or somewhere else?

I was recently contacted for a trade that I want to do.
However, the person is outside the USA, (I am in USA) and it appears like they are new / don't have feedback here at the arena. I would really like to trade with them, but it means mailing my Pink Dreams overseas where you can't track it....I mean if it was like...a Sunnydaze or a Moonstone or something I wouldn't be so paranoid / I would just do it and not care.

But just going
"Oh well...idk about this trade do you have feedback?"

Does that seem rude?
(I'm not 100% sure of their English ability, it seems good, but it's easier to misunderstand things when it's not your native language) I don't want to put them off or seem overly suspicious. Everybody here has been really cool, & I think they are too, even if they're new, but I'm nervous. And sending just 1 lower value pony first doesn't work too because it's overseas & everybody waste all their money on the postage making it unfair.

And then what if they don't have feedback?
How is someone supposed to build it from overseas where there's no tracking? (For my first trades here at the arena, both people did tracked packages & everything went well from there)

Any suggestions or help are super appreciated!
This trade could be so exciting

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Politley Ask if They Have Feedback? What if they dont?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
I would suggest asking if they have feedback from other online places (ebay, etsy), you can also politely suggest that due to them being a newer member with little to no feedback, you would feel more comfortable if they were to ship first and once you receive their end of the trade you will send yours out to them.

When I first became a member here, I did a few trades to gain feedback and one of them was set up like how I suggested. I didn't find it rude, nor was I offended.

In the end it's completely up to you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 09:08:34 PM »
I just outright ask people. It's not rude to ask is don't think. When I joined I didn't have feedback here, but I had tons on Ebay. Surely they have FB somewhere, and I honestly wouldn't trade with someone that doesn't have any feedback anywhere whatsoever. That's just me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:11:04 AM »
It's definitely not rude to protect yourself. The other person can see you have a high feedback rating. You just want to be sure they're honest, too.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:28:39 AM »
It's not rude at all to ask  :)

We all had to start somewhere, so not having feedback here doesn't always necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The majority of folks these days have etsy/eBay accounts so hopefully they have feedback elsewhere to help give you a piece of mind.

If it where me I would politely ask and then explain to them how trades usually work her for new members. That would be they send their part of the trade first. If they are genuine then they will understand and oblige by your trading terms. Also if you want to have Ringlets or I look into it for you, we will be more than happy to. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
*nods in agreement with Ponylady*  ^^  :nod:  we can help if you need us to check it out, but it really doesnt hurt to ask the new member if they have feedback somewhere else like Ebay or whatever either :)  Everyone has to start somewhere - usually the new person builds feedback buy doing some buying or selling first before doing a trade , or shows feedback from another site, or sends their parcel out first if all else fails. Any of those works, but I understand your concerns hun , especially when its an international transaction :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 03:58:31 AM »
When I traded with one of the members here who was more experienced, she asked if I would post mine first, once she received my tracking number she then posted hers. I was totally fine with it, I completely understood that she needed to make sure I was going to fulfill my end of the bargain.

Jules x

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »
It's not rude  ;)

However, if someone acts like they are offended or never replies to your PMs again, they may have intended to scam you.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 06:38:04 AM »
Being a person with low feedback (I think I've done three or four trades that haven't been a cardswap) I am rather astounded of the people who don't ask me for additional feedback. I also feel like I am the one offering to ship first rather than being asked. But with that said, I wouldn't be insulted if anybody did ask, rather the opposite as it shows that the other party is serious. In this day and age we all have to protect ourselves.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 07:49:40 AM »
No shame in asking. :D
There are tons of sales sites for people around the world, it's possible they have some feedback elsewhere. (ebay, tradera, huuto, mandarake, allegro, todocolecciones, etc.)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »
Yep, if they are new and wanting to build up trading trust they should have no problem with you asking about feedback or being willing to send first. If they seem offended or won't offer any feedback I would shy away from trading. Or maybe they just don't even have any at all and you can help them with their first trade!

And as far as you having tracking overseas when sending to her... you do, even with First Class international. Your customs number can be entered for tracking. And if you have your own scale you can also print your First Class International label on the usps.com website and save a little bit of money too by printing it online. Plus you can have it picked up at your door so you don't even need to go to the post office ;)
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal