collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap 2014 Brag Thread!  (Read 4420 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Ornament Swap 2014 Brag Thread!
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:01:09 AM »
Yaaaay, I get to kick this brag thread off! 

My wonderful swap partner was Nessy_86 who sent me a ginormous box of awesome!

Proof that it was huge:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HUGE.  I could hear jingling inside, I knew that promised good things! 

And inside I found all of these:

WHERE DO I START?!

THE CARD, OF COURSE, because I am a proper civilized person, yes I am! Cuuuute Snowmen, yay!

EXTRASSSSS, yaay!  Do I spy kitty sparkle balls?  Omg, yes I do, and I don't think they're going to last long. . .

Nope.

( Somehow Nessy is like, psychic, because these are seriously Momo ( and quickly becoming Mako's ) favorite toys.  I can't find them here anymore, so getting these, totes amazing.  Seriously. )

OH GOSH NOT MORE PACKAGES INSIDE OF BOXES!  IT'S A TRICK.  OH MY GOODNESS MORE STUFF!!!

NOT THE OTHER ONE TOO!  OMG.

AND AN HOUR LATER:

LOOK AT THEM ALL.  Lots of pretty hand made ornaments, and a couple antique ones from the 1950's!  SO perfect, and lots of snowflakes!  My favorite!

Gorgeous!

MOMO KITTY ORNAMENT.  TOO BAD SHE'S STILL ROLLING AROUND WITH A SPARKLE BALL IN HER MOUTH TO NOTICE.

And this!  Beautiful!  It's like a dream catcher snowflake hybrid!

Thank you so much, Nessy, I couldn't have been happier with the box!  I was so grateful for all the beautiful handmade ornaments, and most of them are smaller which I really appreciate!  It's like you were reading my mind!  I'm unfortunately not going to be able to put up a full size tree ( I can't afford the extra electricity costs, seriously, power in Florida is an arm and a leg ) and I've got a hyperactive monster of a somewhat grown kitten named Mako, so I will be putting up a baby tree on the table and hope to heck she doesn't tear it down.  I'll be using the larger snowflakes for decorative hangers, so absolutely perfect!  Thank you again! <3 

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap 2014 Brag Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »
Cute kitty!

Those snowflake ornaments are so pretty and the ornament for Momo is lovely. Congrats on being the first to receive their ornament goodies!

Can't wait to see more brags.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:32:31 AM »
YAY!!! All those ornaments are so lovely, especially the Momo one!! Adorbs!!! Hopefully I can post pics soooon here, I apparently have something in the office waiting for me!!!! :D

Post Merge: December 01, 2014, 09:02:38 AM

OMG it WAS my Swap Box in the mail!!! HOLY COW!!!

MAJOR BRAG TIME!!!

I.got. SPOILED!!!! As I am typing this on my phone there is glitter all over my hands and screen hahaha!!! Firstly I really want to say is that this box was WAY more than I could ever ask for!! This is seriously one of the highlights of my year, and after a rough thanksgiving weekend at work this really really really lifted my spirits up!!! You worked VERY hard on this, I could tell! Thank you so so sooooo much! You really overdid it!! This in my opinion is a really huge box, and you didnt have to do all this for me and all of this was sooo many unexpected goodies!!! I REALLY love EVERYTHING in the box!!!! Thanks for making my year, Xeevee! :hug:

BRAGS!

So here is the box!! Very heavy, as soon as I felt it I got really excited! Love the MH tape!

TINSEL!! I got SO excited to see even just this as I was debating getting tinsel for Winry, my tree, since its my first tree on my own and I had to buy everything from scratch! I was so excited I IMMEDIETLY ran up to Winry and wrapped it all around her! <3 its so beautiful and sparkily!! It looks perfect!!!

OMG! As soon as I saw the purple, I IMMEDITELY knew who it was from!! ^ͺ^

All the presies laid out! :3

You have the most perfect wrapping job EVER!

And this one, I really didnt want to rip it open! It so perfect looking. I seriously spent a little while staring at it and admired such wrapmanship!

Finally, OPENING!! *is all excited like a child*

FOXES!!! *happy dance* They are all soooo beautiful! Im in love with the handmade jumping fox on the 2014 ornament swap one! <3 The Arctic Fox ornament is adorbs!! All glittery and peppy, nice and bristly!!! I LOVE the ceramic one too! It looks handmade and very unique!!! He is so handsome!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!

This pony ornament is ADORABLE!!! So sweet looking! <3 I adsolutly LOVE those!!!
 I saw them in last year's brag and totally wanted one! What an incredible job that the artist did!! I will have to buy some from her! <3 Does she have a name? She can be Merry Treats sister!

GOODIES!!! Holy. COW! I really didnt expect this many treats!!!! Especially the Australian cookies!? Where did you get the Frozen candies!??? I would have loved to get those for my swap partner!!! Excited about the giant peppermint bark as well, because so far this week I have had TWO of those and ran out! xD half is already gone!!! *nibbles as typing* Im so excited to try all these yummies!!!! AH! And a YOWIE!?? Have you been stalking me? :P

Just when I thought nothing could get better......This last box. The perfect one I didnt want to ruin the perfect wrapping paper. I seriously about cried when I opened it!!! It was REALLY unexpected! I was in disbelief what I pulled out:
Spoiler

DISNEY PARKS FROZEN SHOE ORNAMENT.....No wait....BOTH of them!!??? *cries tears of joy*

Ive been really wanting these, but they usually sell out pretty fast! Especially Elsa! How you got both of them and in time I have no idea but you have amazing powers!! I.... am am in shock! Im still in shock!!! THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! *takes a minute to recover from ornament awesomeness overload*

Now for the card!! The sender requested to open it last! ^ͺ^

Behold all the glitter!!!! Christmas Owl! :D So cute!

Thank you so much for sharing the Tim Tim Slam with me! I was wondering what in the world was that when I was reading last years thread! Im SO excited to try this!!!! Especially with the Mocha Mole and gingerbread coffee! Heehee Harry Potter stationary!? Thats AWESOME! *needs to buy some online*

Yowie Prize is....

A Red Kangaroo! :D

Alas, here is my tree!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING MY TREE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! (Winry says thank you also!) xD This was seriously the BEST box ever!!! I am really considering sending my swap partner a 'part two' so I can spoil them as much as you spoiled me! :D Thank you SO much!!! I really cant stop saying thank you, I REALLY wanna hug you! :hug: 10000x
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:53:17 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
yay!  The first brags!!

MiRaja, your kitty is so cute with that sparkly ball.  I love the hand made ornaments.  Nessy, you did a great job.

I am so glad you like your box, Sprinklecupcake.  I actually got a really good deal on those shoe ornaments.  Normally one would be over this swap budget, but I was very lucky.  I love the shoe ornaments so much.  I always want to buy every single one of them when I'm at Disney. 

:hug:

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »
Wow! 2 great boxes to start off the brags!  :biggrin:

Sprinklecupcake - Winry looks amazing with her new decorations  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »
Brilliant boxes guys:) I love all the snowflakes and those frozen shoes are super cute xx

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
Miraja I'm so glad you (and Momo) enjoyed your box. I had a fun time tracking things down and making them for you :)

Lovely box Sprinkecupcake! Tim Tams are the best (I just tried them for the first time last week!) Xeevee I'll have to try the Tim Tam slam next time I get some :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
Amazing boxes so far!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:56:10 PM »
Another awesome ornament brag. The ornaments are lovely, I adore that owl card and wow on all the awesome extras!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
beautiful!  Congrats, guys :D

*makes a note to try to find those shoes*

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »
I got my box! From MiRaja :--) Thanks so much! I was feeling kind of down today so this was a very appreciated pick me up!

First off the ornaments! :biggrin: Everything is so sparkly! The handmade (i think it's handmade??) ornament with the little paper cranes in it is a really cool idea, I love it. The butterfly clip on ornaments are so pretty! And i definitely appreciate the pack of little ornaments, it's me and my gf's first year with a tree so filler ornaments are much needed, and theyre super cute. The calico cat riding the fish is really cute :--) Which she got because I have a calico cat! :--) and the unicorn and cute little red cat are my favorite ones out of all of them, especially the cat :frolic:

And extras! A scarf to put on a pony! I think I'm gonna put it on FF Minty :--P Cookies and chocolate too, and coffee! Also I LOVE those socks i've seen them before and wanted them! And the erasers too, I always see those when I go in target and debate getting them so I guess it's good I didn't :lol:

Thanks so much again MiRaja I love everything!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »
I'm so glad you got your package!  I know how to feel about those down sort of days, having one of my own, but it makes me happy that I could put a smile on your face! 

I know you wanted lots of nibbles, so I tried to get you a bunch of this and that.  Yes, the origami crane ornament is handmade.  I love making them, so I'm glad you enjoy it. 

I hope you have lots of fun decorating your first tree with your gal!  That's always special! 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »
Beautiful packages so far!
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »
Wow!! What great packages so far! Congrats everyone!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »
That's a really cute swapbox, love that crane ornament, it must take forever to make such tiny ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal