collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone just seen Mockingjay?  (Read 726 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone just seen Mockingjay?
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
Effuse here.

OMG. I saw it last night.  I'm dead.  I think I need to see it about 6 more times.  Don't you hate it when something just completely sucks you in and you get a wee bit obsessed?  haha.

It was impressively true to the book.  This is one of the very few movie franchises that I feel actually captures the essence of the story.  Not to mention the actors are perfect.
I freaked out when she was trying to find her sister when the bombs went off.  It didn't feel so powerful in the book but it was one of the highlights of the movie i reckon.  So many intense sequences!

I loved seeing their portrayals of PTSD, it was so true to life.  I was like yep, done that, done that, did that for years, still doing that... (anyone else with mental health?  back me up here :P)  Though I think the actress won an oscar for playing a mentally ill girl in silver linings playbook, so I guess she was perfect for it!

My favourite character is definitely Effie.  She's a zinger. 

What did you think of Peeta?  Any favourite parts?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone just seen Mockingjay?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »
Ooohhhhh my gosh... I saw it yesterday afternoon with a friend and we had to sit in the theater for a good 15 minutes to ponder over it.  The third book was my least favorite, but this movie...THIS movie... I just...

It was amazing.  Point.  Blank.  Period.

Spoiler
When Peeta showed up towards the end, I was on the edge of my seat like “Oh crap, oh crap"!  I like that they left it off where they did, too.  I honestly thought they'd end it with Peeta attacking Katniss.

I also liked that there were some small changes in the movie that weren't in the book.  Still, these movies have been doing a great job of following the source material.

I loooove Effie!  Loved her outfits, too.  That skirt she made that was obviously just a cut up jumper, omg.  :lol:

I think what's killing me is having to wait for part two... I may need to see part one a few more times to let it all sink in.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Saw it on Friday! Sooooo good! Very intense and dark, but that's basically how the third book was. I can't wait to see the next part!!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »
Glad you guys are enjoying it! I hope the last one doesn't disappoint you!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »
I went to see it last night and loved it. I can't wait for the second part next year.

Spoiler
When Peeta showed up towards the end, I was on the edge of my seat like “Oh crap, oh crap"!  I like that they left it off where they did, too.  I honestly thought they'd end it with Peeta attacking Katniss.

I also liked that there were some small changes in the movie that weren't in the book.  Still, these movies have been doing a great job of following the source material.

Spoiler
I also thought they were going to end it with Peeta attacking Katniss.

I've liked the changes they've made from the books so far. Having Effie in 13 instead of the prep team was an unexpected change. I never liked that she got just a couple throwaway sentences at the end of Mockingjay. I also liked being able to see the districts rebelling first hand.

Book spoilers
Spoiler
I can't wait for the next movie. But I know I'm going to be a crying wreck by the end. Especially when the movie gets to Finnick's and Prim's deaths.

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »
It was amazing!!! I really want to see it again but I can't afford to go to the movies (I got a free ticket from work the first time). I HATE having to wait for part 2!! That's what annoys me now is that the last section/book always ends up in 2 parts and then the waiting starts!!

I agree that it was very true to the book which is awesome!! That doesn't happen often at all. And Effie is Effing wonderful (pun intended), like her much better than the prep team, as she did spend lots of time with Katniss (think train journeys both before and after winning the games) and the prep team just seemed to be around to prep rather than be friends as such (I hope that makes sense).
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »
Haven't saw it yet. The first movie was a bit disappointing with a few of the book characters not mentioned. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD... (I do need to re-read the series again it's been over a year since I read it last and it was an easy read.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »
I saw it last Tuesday :) I liked it more than the book but not as much as Catching Fire! I think it needed more action haha! I was definitely at the edge of my seat near the end as I was worried they would end it at a true cliffhanger spot. Can't wait for next November haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 02:11:34 AM »
I'm gonna see it tomorrow hopefully and I have so high expectations now!

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Saw it on Thursday eve when it opened, and on Sunday afternoon as I had a free ticket! Consistently good films, been a fan of the books for many years, not many changes to the book, mainly minor characters being ommitted here and there. Was genuinely shaken when the hospital was bombed, and when all in District 13 were in the bunker and the ceiling was cracking it made me feel so shaky and claustrophobic even though I was in a large cinema!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:03 PM »
I saw it Sunday. i liked it. the best so far. can they please redo the first one? it needs more violence.
and more STORY of what Katiss and Peeta go through and why there is not triangle!

but the 2nd part of the 3rd movie I'm just going to park my happy butt in the seat with a box of kleenex.
i loved the books. could not put them down! started to read and didn't stop until i was through all of them...stupid sleep got in the way of reading it. well, that and the tears over the sadness of it all.
wonderful wonderful books and they're doing a great job so far staying true to the story! effie is interesting in 13 instead of the prep team, but it makes sense.
i'm excited to see how they end things, but know i'm going to cry an unbelievable amount. might as well buy myself two tickets now so i can see it twice...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
I just came home from seeing it and it was awesome! Some scenes were a bit too long compared to the book but overall I really liked it. Can't wait for the last one now.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 08:06:31 AM »
I saw it Sunday. i liked it. the best so far. can they please redo the first one? it needs more violence.
and more STORY of what Katiss and Peeta go through and why there is not triangle!
I would agree in a re-make of the first movie. But that won't happen any time soon. It was good, but was lacking in certain areas.
Lionsgate went out on a limb on it and there wasn't much of a budget (yeah I know $78,000,000 (estimated)  budget is a lot to us... Catching Fire was $130,000,000 (estimated) you get my drift...).

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline JaguarKisses

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • JaguarKisses Customs
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
I loved this movie I saw it back on Monday and I just wanted to stay at the theater and hope that no one would notice me staying there. They really did hit it on the money when it came to showing things like the PTSD. I can't wait for the second part now.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 08:36:39 PM »
the second part is going to = mind blown :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal