collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 'normal' release varients  (Read 891 times)

Offline wondermintUK

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
G1 'normal' release varients
« on: November 19, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »
I would like some help with the list I have compiled of all the G1 regular issue US and UK ponies (issued in one or other or both areas) including 'normal' varients - by this I mean variations that are regular release and not prototypes or factory errors - the kind of non-Nirvana varients that were produced in enough quantity that any dedicated collector could hope to check off their list (eventually)!

These are the examples I have so far:

My Pretty Pony = peachy-pink body, brown body, brown body with white rumps
Collector Pose ponies x 6 and Peachy = FF and CF
Applejack & Bowtie shy pose, Firefly & Medley = curly hair and straight hair
Tootsie = green body and white body
Cherries Jubilee = pale cherries and dark cherries (not sure if one of these is straight-haired or if that is another variation)
Posey = pink tulips and magenta tulips
BnG Twisty Tail = Love Melody pose and Posey pose
Woosie = green body and lavender body
Daisy Sweet Perfume Puff = white hair and yellow hair
TAF Milky Way = silver stars and white stars
Pretty Beat = magenta body with dark blue hair, dark magenta body with purple hair
Dazzleglow = pink hearts and blue hearts
Baby Starbow = blue hair stripe and purple hair stripe
Sweetie Baby Candy = green & white hair stripes, and white & green hair stripes
Surprise Newborns = 9 altogether if you count two different animals and an intact nappy for each colourway

So these are the ones I know are variants but not sure if they should be on this list (ie better classified as Nirvanas?) :
Pale TE Speedy and pale Sweet Clover - issued in Germany only?
Alternative pose Best Friends babies - issued in Netherlands only?
Bobbi - pink hair and blue hair - is she technically a factory error?

I know there are bound to be more so I'm hoping to learn from the collective pony knowledge :D

BTW so far the list totals 619 ponies (excludes mail orders but includes Megan and Molly dolls)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 'normal' release varients
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
Whew, there sure are a lot of variants out there, here's as many as I could scrounge up out of my memory and my checklists. :)

Spoiler
-I think pink bodied Sweet Clover was released in the UK, and peach bodied Sweet Clover was released in Germany only. So peach-Clover may be Nirvana in your books, same with pale Speedy? It might depend on if you exclude Swirly Whirly with aqua hair and Coco Berry with lavender hair from the regular releases too.

-I believe there may be variants of Rosette, from the UK/Euro Prize Day Playset. I think there was a thread in the Corral ages ago discussing her hair colours - one version has orange hair with a single yellow stripe, whilst one has a whole horizontal row of yellow hair and one row of orange hair? And perhaps one of them was the UK version and one of them was a German variant, like Sweet Clover? I'm really not sure on this point, maybe someone can correct me.

-Yellow Moondancer? MyLittleWiki has her as a Euro release, some sites list her as UK, some as German/Scandinavian? To add confusion there's Italian white Moondancer and Italian yellow Moondancer. :blink: I've never been entirely sure how and where she exists, but she's pretty nonetheless.

-UK/Euro 'Wedding Bells' Confetti is in the Bow Tie pose, whilst US rainbow pony Confetti is in the Posey pose.

-Kiss Curl, who came with the UK BMB Boutique playset, has two symbol versions. The regular symbol has pink hair tied with blue ribbons, the reversed symbol has blue hair tied with pink ribbons. Reverse symbol is harder to find, I believe.

-SS Magic Star is in the rearing Truly pose, whilst NSS Magic Star is in the Tootsie pose.

-SS Buttons comes with three large buttons on her symbol, whilst there are two versions of NSS Buttons - one with three large buttons, and one with six small buttons and blue stars.

-Gusty and Posey, which had normal releases in 1984, and then SS/NSS releases in 1985 or later, have some small variations between the normal release and the NSS release. Regular Posey has pale tulips, NSS Posey has dark magenta tulips (she's already on your list, I see :) ). Regular Gusty has glittery symbols and blue eyes, NSS Gusty has painted symbols and green eyes.

-Babies Lickety-Split, Gusty, Ribbon, and Heart Throb - released in the US as BBE babies, and in the UK/Europe as NBBE Play and Care sets.

-NBBE Baby Heart Throb has two variants - one with wings on her heart symbols, and one with no wings.

-Babies Cuddles and Tiddley Winks first released in 1984 as NBBE with their playsets, later BBE versions rereleased in 1985 with their playsets.

-NBBE Baby Cuddles may have two variants - one with freckles and one without freckles?

-Baby Half-Note was released with their playset in 1985 in both BBE and NBBE versions.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »
Pale body peach speedy is a german release! Here are some more to add!

"Fat" head flutter ponies
Sundance: Ss vs nss vs taf
Nss cupcake
Nss truly
Nss gusty (I think there are two versions of colored leaves a blue and a purple maybe?)
Reverse gusty
Mail order cc ponies: different symbol sizes, most noticeably cotton candy is a different more vibrant pink.
Year 2 re-release of blossom and cotton candy: more vibrant in color.
Kiss curl: pink bows blue strings vs blue bows and pink strings
Glow and show star glow: pink and yellow hair vs pink and white hair
Nbbe baby heart throb: wings versus no wings
Nss buttons: stars vs no stars
German moon stone: metallic symbols vs glitter symbols
Nightlight and raindrop: big symbols vs small
Starlight babies: Hong Kong vs China
Baby splashes: pink hair blue forelock vs purple hair
Fancy pants babies: Thailand vs China
Baby brightbow: darker pink slightly different shades in hair
Ember: Mail order pink, blue body and embers dream version with star symbol.
Flutterbye: german metallic symbol vs glitter symbol
Apple jack and bowtie: cc vs shy pose
Lickity split: dark cones vs light cones
Baby tiny bubbles: pearly vs non
Baby sea star: pearly vs non
Baby ripple: looking up vs head forward
Baby water lily: looking up vs head forward
Baby sunshower: looking up vs head forward
Alt birthflowers
Yellow moondancer
White windy: some say she's not real.
Nbbe baby gusty: red stripe versus light red stripe
Baby lickity split: bbe vs Nbbe vs first tooth
Coco berry: pink vs purple hair
Swirly whirly: Aqua vs yellow hair
Baby moondancer, glory, firefly and surprise: glittery vs non glittery symbols
Baby lemondrop: shy pose vs looking up pose
Baby princess sparkle: two different colored symbols
Sweet talking ponies: german, spanish and English voices not sure on any other languages
Princess sparkle: pale Aqua hair vs pink hair vs reg release
Princess Royal blue: coral hair vs pink hair
Princess Tiffany: white hair vs yellow hair
Princess Serena: gold tinsel vs silver tinsel
Princess primrose: blue hair vs yellow hair
Princess starburst: pink bs purple hair
Princess Serena: light vs dark hair
I know there are a slew of other Princess variants not sure if you're counting them or not!

Also wasn't there a different version of the birthday pony? A different pose? Different streamers? No streamers? I know someone won one off an auction a while back. Couldn't remember if she was a prototype or not!

Is there a China vs Hong Kong release of the pretty beat ponies? I know there are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment! Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:40:30 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline wondermintUK

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Thanks prancingstag and mermaid for your replies :D  There are quite a few on there I'd forgotten to include, even though I have most of those ponies! 

There are a few that are German or Euro releases too which I am classifying as Nirvana even if they are made in HongKong or China.  As I'm in the UK, the UK ponies are 'normal release' for me along with the USA/North American ones, which is why I hadn't mentioned variations such as SS/NSS, pearly sea ponies, Thailand/China fancy pants etc - those are just normal UK and US releases so are already on the list. 

I'm hoping that the varient princesses are all either German or factory errors as there seems to be rather a lot of them!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »
I think it really depends how you classify things to be honest.

Bobbi comes under the odd ball/Princess list as well. You cant include her on a list unless you include all of the odd balls really - be they princesses or happy tails or flutters. And there were no releases of the alternate Best Friends (they are one offs at this point).

Are you not including Euro releases? As you have to discard a lot then - such as white Tootsie and then ponies like Swirly with aqua hair.

You could add Pina Colada however she has a couple of versions on both sides of the ocean as does Tuneful :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline wondermintUK

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 01:46:49 PM »
Thanks Hathorcat :)

Yes, you're right, everyone does classify things differently which is why I'm compiling my own list from lots of different sources, so I can follow my own rules ;)  I have now reached a point where I need help from pony experts to make sure my lists follow my own rules! My first list is all UK and USA ponies in basic chronological order.  Ponies that are Euro but non-UK are on my German or Euro Nirvana lists. 

I wasn't sure about white HK Tootsie - I've never come across her in the UK but I've read on other websites that she was found in the UK.  There are probably others that I've got on my UK list that could/should go on the Euro list.  Green-haired Swirly and purple-haired Choc Chip are on my German list.  I haven't even begun to tackle Princess varients yet as there seem to be so many of them, but I had thought some would be on the German list and others on the Factory Error list, along with Bobbi.

I'm very glad to hear the Best Friend babies are prototypes so I can stroke them off the shopping list - I had thought they would be super difficult (not to mention expensive) to find! I didn't know about Pina and Tuneful, I'll have to have a look at those  - do you know what the differences are?

Thank for the help  :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
Pina Colada has body colour differences - one more pink, the other more red; and Tuneful has either red or orange hair.

As for your princess variants - you have dedicated German releases and the oddballs; the latter were only in the UK (like Bobbi) so I am not sure how you will group them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal