collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]  (Read 37829 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
I predict a TON of new mane 6 EQG rereleases, with one or two TRU exclusive mane 6 pony rereleases thrown in for decoration. This time the mane 5 and Celestia will come with beautiful glittery (irremovable) makeup smeared over their faces and cutie marks, and manes made entirely of tinsel! Brush their magical hair and dress them up as glitter gets all over everything you love!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
Every time I see this thread title I get super excited for all the prospects :cheer: MLP, MH, and Zelfs alike!

Given the state of the pony aisles over the last few months, it'll be very interesting to see if Holly Dash and other Rainbow Power releases get a spot at the Fair bench. Right now it's inconclusive if the Spa/Train/FS Twilight sets are North American exclusives, if Holly Dash is non-American exclusive, how many sets are getting rebranded into Cutie Mark Magic (styling strands, princess packs, etc). I want to see what they're promoting, what packaging/line type, and what's vanished into the background, that could give us an idea of what to expect on shelf.

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
I wanna see where they are going with the POP line... please more playsets, please more playsets...

EGD BAB maybe?  :D

I hope they quit with the POP line, and revamp the G4 line with brand new molds, and boys.
Ah, you said excactly what I was thinking. I want to see better, accurate molds and male characters. Big Mac anyone? <3
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
manes made entirely of tinsel!
...you know, I might like that better than tinsel interspersed with hair. It would certainly look striking.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 06:57:37 PM »
manes made entirely of tinsel!
...you know, I might like that better than tinsel interspersed with hair. It would certainly look striking.

It definitely looks pretty, as demonstrated by the Rainbow Power singles with entire sections of solely tinsel, but it's not the easiest to style and ends up sticking everywhere.

But who knows? The latest tinsel has been deiffrent than previous releases, so maybe hasbro's got some better quality stuff on the way.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
Someone went to the London Toy Fair and reported the things he saw.

The London Toy Fair 2015 has just been opened and someone named idlemichael seemed to have visited it. Below we have written down what My Little Pony products he saw today.

First up it seems like there will be a new playset featuring Celestia. According to Michael it was three levels high and covered with heart shaped QR-Codes for the new app they are making.

As expected the Cutie Mark Magic line will also be shown during this Toy Fair. We will see the already announced and available Water Cuties Brushables (the brushable snowglobes) but it also seems like Princess Cadance will get a new brushable with light. A new talking version? She was shown with some dodgy hair however. Hope they will fix that with her release.

The Hasbro Pop Line will also get some new Ponies as well. The 7 Inch Design-a-Pony Celestia was shown and a new pony (possible Luna) with black on her back that you need to scratch away to reveal purple. I really need to see some pics of this. Also some metallic POP Ponies were shown. That's quite awesome if you ask me.

The most interesting thing will be the fact that Equestria Girls 3 was announced during the toy fair. The movie will be about the Friendship Games were the Wondercolts will face-off against the Shadowcolts with a series of sport events. The dolls however didn't look that sporty but they had some "curious" sunglasses and a motocross bike was also shown. And very good news for those who wanted boy dolls. There will be a Flash Sentry doll!

At last the Pop Up Pinkie Pie Game we talked about earlier was shown.

Sadly we have no pictures yet. We hope we can get some soon and when we do we are sure to post them as soon as possible! I would like to give a huge thank you towards idlemichael for providing us all with this information! Again thank you very much!

Source: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2015/01/london-toy-fair-2015-rumours.html

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »
I am predicting the same old, same old.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 02:42:19 PM »

The London Toy Fair 2015 has just been opened and someone named idlemichael seemed to have visited it. Below we have written down what My Little Pony products he saw today.

First up it seems like there will be a new playset featuring Celestia. According to Michael it was three levels high and covered with heart shaped QR-Codes for the new app they are making.

As expected the Cutie Mark Magic line will also be shown during this Toy Fair. We will see the already announced and available Water Cuties Brushables (the brushable snowglobes) but it also seems like Princess Cadance will get a new brushable with light. A new talking version? She was shown with some dodgy hair however. Hope they will fix that with her release.

The Hasbro Pop Line will also get some new Ponies as well. The 7 Inch Design-a-Pony Celestia was shown and a new pony (possible Luna) with black on her back that you need to scratch away to reveal purple. I really need to see some pics of this. Also some metallic POP Ponies were shown. That's quite awesome if you ask me.

The most interesting thing will be the fact that Equestria Girls 3 was announced during the toy fair. The movie will be about the Friendship Games were the Wondercolts will face-off against the Shadowcolts with a series of sport events. The dolls however didn't look that sporty but they had some "curious" sunglasses and a motocross bike was also shown. And very good news for those who wanted boy dolls. There will be a Flash Sentry doll!

Sadly we have no pictures yet. We hope we can get some soon and when we do we are sure to post them as soon as possible! I would like to give a huge thank you towards idlemichael for providing us all with this information! Again thank you very much!

There better be a Flash Sentry pony! First I heard of the plot in EQ3 sounds interesting guessing we will see lots more Wonderbolt/Shadowbolt merch hopefully Spitfire, Soarin, Mistyfly brushies Shadowbolt male/female brushies and a Soarin Funko (PLEASE!)

Knowing hasbro tho, it will be mane 6 in wonderbolt gear or something.......

POP hasbro, or POP Funko are you talking about? Why aren't their pictures yet?!

For Sale Wants

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »
We're getting a Flash Sentry doll?!

I hope that means we'll get a pony of him, too.. >_> But still, that's really interesting, I never thought we'd get an "Equestria Boy"! :P

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »

There better be a Flash Sentry pony! First I heard of the plot in EQ3 sounds interesting guessing we will see lots more Wonderbolt/Shadowbolt merch hopefully Spitfire, Soarin, Mistyfly brushies Shadowbolt male/female brushies and a Soarin Funko (PLEASE!)

Knowing hasbro tho, it will be mane 6 in wonderbolt gear or something.......

POP hasbro, or POP Funko are you talking about? Why aren't their pictures yet?!

These are the Hasbro POP's. The one from Hasbro. And we are still waiting for pictures as well. However the London Toy Fair is much more strict when it comes to taking pictures. No public is allowed.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
I can't say that sounds too exciting. (At least not to me.)
I don't like sports themes at all and care very little about POP ponies.

Ah well, let's hope we will get pictures soon.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:46 PM »
I can't say that sounds too exciting. (At least not to me.)
I don't like sports themes at all and care very little about POP ponies.

Ah well, let's hope we will get pictures soon.

The chance of boy ponies has me excited, but it will probably just be the doll..

For Sale Wants

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 03:41:01 PM »
If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think we've got much in the way of pony pics from the UK fair in the past but it'd be cool if some did pop up and it's nice to hear a report. I think idlemichael gave a report last year too.
The 2015 offerings don't seem too exciting to me so far. I was expecting the already seen Cutie Mark Magic merch. but I am disappointed the focus yet again seems to be so much on POP and EqG.

I'm holding out for next month hoping for at least 1 or 2 new brushies to show in NY. Maybe there'll be new mini figure packs & maybe TRU will have better exclusives this year. I was just thinking though, out of new character brushables seen there last year (Photo Finish, Octavia & Holly Dash) only Photo Finish has been found actually in physical stores in the US during the whole past year! Sad...

Spielwarenmesse (Nuremberg Toy Fair) is in a week as well but like the UK fair I don't think usually leaks much in the way of pics.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:49:07 PM by Flitter »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »
Wow...Flash Sentry doll before Flash Sentry pony...yeah the focus on Pop and EQG is just incredibly disappointing. Kind of as expected by the sounds of it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
I'm not very interested in the pop ponies, but I really hope there will be a new pop playset.

I'm excited fo Flash Centery doll if it means we will get him as a pony.  However, we have gotten some other EQG dolls but no corresponding ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal