collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]  (Read 38062 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »
edit 13 Feb.: We're starting to get our first pics of the fair now!
post http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,362758.msg1355635.html#msg1355635

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:20:33 PM by Flitter »

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:55:37 PM »
I do enjoy seeing the pics each year too :)

Any new poses and characters would be awesome... as ponies :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
I wanna see where they are going with the POP line... please more playsets, please more playsets...

EGD BAB maybe?  :D
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
I wanna see where they are going with the POP line... please more playsets, please more playsets...

EGD BAB maybe?  :D

I hope they quit with the POP line, and revamp the G4 line with brand new molds, and boys.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:34:11 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »
Wow, time flies! I haven't been thinking about it but I probably will be now. :P

I am, as always, hoping for more pony-shaped ponies that are new characters. And yes, some new molds for once. Really don't care to see more dolls, or pop things, or blind bags (I do like them but I have enough - I'd rather see Hasbro use the character designs on brushables) or merchandise for crying out loud. But that's just me.

I suspect what we actually will see will be a lot of the things I mentioned not caring to see above. Feeling pretty pessimistic I guess. But you never do know with Hasbro...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:17:38 AM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 02:30:15 AM »
I can't wait for fair season to roll around! I'm triple excited since taking up a ton of Zelfs and a few Monster High dolls this year, I'm itching to see what all the lines will give up. :biggrin: I fear that ponies will be nothing new, just the Rainbow/CMM products we've already seen, although it will be nice to see demonstrations of newer things like the light up Rarity... POP ponies will probably get a big ol' push and the newer EQG dolls like Sapphire Shores and Cheerilee will get their showcase.

I hope that more POP playsets come about like Fluttershy's cottage, because they are usable with the regular ponies too. In brushable terms I'm dreaming of new boys, new original non-show characters, and new poses like a nice Posey trot or a Firefly rear... but I can dream until the end of time and not get those. Maybe a super long hair pony would make a more realistic goal? I also hope that the TRU exclusives will revert back to Collector Series and Pony Mania will be that one embarassing year that we all forget about. :rofl:

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 03:22:12 AM »
I think hasbro needs to relaunch the brushable line the fs and the eqg dolls are doing great but honestly they need to relook at the thing that was the roots of my little pony and stop putting them on the back burner. Ugh I just want to get excited when I go pony shopping the same as when I go doll shopping

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
I imagine that this year it'll all be shelves of EG dolls and mini figures and about one or two original brushable characters... Maybe less than last year. Let's just hope for some original characters and plenty of brushables, as well as fewer emphasis put on the EG dolls this coming year. Who knows though?

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

I imagine that this year it'll all be shelves of EG dolls and mini figures and about one or two original brushable characters... Maybe less than last year. Let's just hope for some original characters and plenty of brushables, as well as fewer emphasis put on the EG dolls this coming year. Who knows though?

There are a whole bunch of non-Mane 6 brushables that have been spotted on Amazon. So at the very least those will be there.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
I'm hoping to see something we already haven't seen
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
I also hope that the TRU exclusives will revert back to Collector Series and Pony Mania will be that one embarrassing year that we all forget about. :rofl:

Right?!?! Good grief, I just cringe every time I go to the TRU pony aisle and see them stacked there, not selling.

PUHLEEEEASE, Hasbro. More brushables/FS ponies... I'm begging you.

We did end up getting more brushables than they showed at the fair last year. FS Daisy Dreams (which I still have yet to see here -_-), Nurse Redheart, the new Princesses, etc... So the fair doesn't necessarily represent the brushables we get.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
  I also hope that the TRU exclusives will revert back to Collector Series and Pony Mania will be that one embarassing year that we all forget about. :rofl:
Brownie points if you get the reference but ... Can we please pretend it never happened?  :drunk:

I enjoy the concept, it vaguely reminds me of Kiss, but they just.... It's... I just don't get why.

Aren't kids tired of the mane six just somewhat adjusted over and over?
Can we get them with nice new outfits, at least? Not painted outfits, accessories. Clips, shoes for the non-FS ponies, skirts, those fake hairdye pens like Barbie has where it washes out, collectable charms like previous gens, more baby ponies, background characters, something. Make them different colours like G1 Nirvanas and the experimental factory ponies! The blind bags are all sorts of colours, kids and adult collectors WOULD BUY BRUSHABLE PONIES IN OTHER COLOURS! Transparent glittery ponies? MORE PLEASE! Glow in the dark manes or full bodies?! YEEESSSS.

We LIKE to brushie brushie their hair, we like when they're not covered in paint, we like new characters, we like to dress ponies up. We like the foundation MLP was built on, plastic ponies with hair!!
Even through the eyes of a kid, those current ponies don't have the same appeal as they did last year.
I'm not saying blind bags and Funko ponies WITHOUT hair are bad. They're amazing, actually! I mean, SDCC Dj had Swarovski elements! Have you SEEN how pretty Funko Luna is!?

Offering us something a little more fancy? Price it accordingly.
If it's better quality and something that looks worth buying, people will buy.

I remember running to Walmart nearly every day to see if they had restocked the pony shelves. My SO would sometimes being me home a pony I was looking for with good paint and I'd lose my mind just like when I was a little girl.
I don't look at toy sections anymore. That magic isn't there anymore.

I don't know what to expect for the Toy Fair, but I'm wondering if going is worth it. Even if its not for Hasbro, maybe it'll reignite that passion for cute, colourful, happy things.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:22:04 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 03:29:39 PM »
Brownie points if you get the reference but ... Can we please pretend it never happened?  :drunk:

I enjoy the concept, it vaguely reminds me of Kiss, but they just.... It's... I just don't get why.
:lmao:

I just made this reference yesterday... anywho...

I'd like to see more Pop playsets, since those are the only ones I find worth buying.  Meaning I just have the one right now.

I'd love to see more brushable but AHAHAHAHAHA we know that won't happen.
Instagram / Want List

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 12:52:21 AM »
A yeah I can't wait for it even when I guess we will see a lot of Merchandise that have been revealed already. But I'm sure we will see a lot of new merch as well. Of course I'm planning to make a coverage article.

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
Can we have red and green brushables?? New characters are great but I'd like to see something besides pink and light purple xD (seriously, even Luna isn't really a purple purple, she's about the same color as she was in S1). Even in previous gens, red and green aren't very common body colors on ponies.
And maybe more orange-y ponies besides Applejack. I really like orange, heh.

I hope there are more glowy ponies like the Rarity that's been discovered. That's what I like to see Hasbro!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal