collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Round Robin v.3 - BACK In Cycle!  (Read 6923 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Round Robin v.3 - BACK In Cycle!
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »
Griffin put on an amazing round robin deco last year (http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,344334.0.html) which everyone seemed to enjoy and I figured I would see if we can get anyone interested in another one. I am going to steal her intro and information from the other just so everyone is on the same page.

What is a deco?
Decos are small handmade booklets that contain about 4-10 pages. Most typically they are postcard sized, but the size and shape can vary; anything goes as long as it fits an envelope. Each signer should decorate one page, or sometimes a spread, according to the theme (if the deco has a specified theme) and send it forward. Once all pages are full, the deco is returned to its maker, or sent to whoever is marked as the owner. (Quoting Griffin from the Deco Swappers forum and previous mlp deco swap.)

Normally decos are swapped with other deco swappers a few at a time, most people have certain swap pals they swap with on a regular basis, just like pen pals. That means decos generally don't have a predetermined route, they can be sent to anyone and the maker can only hope they will be returned when full. However, sometimes the round robin system is used instead and that is what I'm planning to do here: I'll make a My Little Pony themed deco and gather a list of people who sign up. I then send the deco to the first person on that list; they decorate the first page and send the booklet forward to the next person on the list, and so on. The last one will return the deco to me, full of pretty MLP artwork.
Drawing is not required but you're free to use e.g. stickers, cut up some box art to use on your page, print out colouring book pictures, or whatever you can think of, as long as it's MLP themed and you don't violate anyone's copyrights (i.e. no fanmade art other than your own). You can also use all kinds of embellishments like pretty papers, ribbons, brads, rhinestones etc. to decorate your entry.     

Griffin organized a round robin deco like this some years ago on the old Arena but unfortunately it was lost almost immediately as the second or third signer went MIA. :( That's why I'm requiring at least some feedback this time as well as an e-mail address to be able to contact you outside the Arena. I would very much like to have the deco back, and I think we also owe that to the ones who spent their time on decorating the first pages. I will set a time limit of three weeks for you to work on your page if that helps focusing. Of course you can have more time if needed, just ask!
Here's a gallery of my decos (all kinds of themes) if you'd like to take a look for inspiration: https://www.flickr.com/photos/115641004@N07/sets/72157644916959308/
I will include 10 ATCs in the deco book that everyone can pick one atc to keep for themselves as a reward for their hard work. (sorry last person you get whatever atc is left!) Please only take one atc and send the rest on with the deco so that everyone gets one.
How to sign up
I'm taking sign-ups for approx. one week, until Nov 21, or until all the slots are filled. I ask you to have at least two (2) positive feedbacks here on the Arena, preferably from trading or selling (but I will judge each case individually, I just want to make sure people are committed and have some kind of proof that they are trustworthy).

Please PM me with the following information:
1. Your Arena username & real name
2. E-mail
3. Postal address
4. Link to feedback
5. Any preferences regarding the order of participants

Your address and e-mail will be given privately to the person before you so they know where to send the deco and can notify you prior to sending. Please let me know asap if your address changes or if there are any unexpected issues. I also ask everyone to keep me updated whenever they send or receive the deco, either by posting on this thread or by PMing/e-mailing me. There will be some participants who don't have an Arena account so you can either use e-mail or contact them through me if needed.

What to do when you receive the deco:
1. Leave a message either a PM or on the main page to let me know you have received it.
2. Find the page with your name and decorate it as you please. Don't forget to include your name/username so we'll know who made the pretty entry! :)
3. Send the deco to the address given to you and notify me (and, optionally, the receiver so they know to expect the deco).
I ask you to keep the deco for three weeks at max,  that should be sufficient time to make your entry and pass the deco on. If you need more time, just let me know. I know life can be unpredictable, and the deco might turn up at a bad time, it's hard to tell beforehand... But communication is the key.
Finally, and most importantly - have fun!

Participant list - Now in order

*not counting myself since I'm making the cover*
1.   Urocyonfox = Sent
2.   Marigold = Received +Sent
3.   Bekuno= Received +Sent
4.   ajmeier55= Received +Sent
5.   dashesndots= Received +Sent
6.   MikeysGrrrl   = Received +Sent
7.   Sokkis= Received +Sent
8.   Oniontart= Received +Sent
9.   Griffin=  Received +Sent
10. FOUND ITS WAY HOME <3
---

Alright I have been swamped at work but I am moving and grooving now! Here is the order list, I will send everyone emails shortly!

Here is the cover of the deco, I have been so tight on time trying to get customs, art, family and work, but I had this paper that just screamed night glider and I love paper cut out ponies so I went with that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:16:51 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Round Robin v.3 interest/sign up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
I feel like I need to do at least one more art swap this year, and I think this will have to be it because I missed out on the last Deco  :P
Sending a PM your way!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »
Yay! I'd love to sign up but I'll wait a bit and let others have their chance first. :) I can take the last page if there's room for me and return it to Fox.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
Yay! I'd love to sign up but I'll wait a bit and let others have their chance first. :) I can take the last page if there's room for me and return it to Fox.
cause you're awesome!

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:11:23 PM »
As I said, count me in. :D Pm sent!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 06:48:33 AM »
Id do it again!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
Can't wait :)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
I want to join  :) Sent a pm

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 04:47:13 PM »
This is going to be fun!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 03:27:26 PM »
poke some friends guys I wanna get this started! We need 3-4 more people!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Round Robin v.3 - The time is now
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 06:11:15 AM »
If everyone would check the list and make sure that your partners line up correctly, it started getting confusing typing the emails in order so I want to make sure everyone got line up correctly.

sorry for my delay the holiday put a wrench in everything and slowed it all down. but I am moving and grooving now!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 06:20:36 AM »
Can't wait to see the end result!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »
I'm pretty excited about this, especially because I'm near the end of the list which means I get to see most of the lovely art :)

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »
Oh my, the cover is so lovely!!! Can't wait! ^^

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page