collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two G1 fix-up questions re 1) Dance 'n' Prance 2) color-change hair. Help!  (Read 362 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile

Hello! I got a large lot of fixer-uppers and need some advice on a few things.

First, the lot includes Dance 'n' Prance Songster. She is in nice shape and mechanism still works. *However* the clear plastic sleeve at the top of her tail has slipped down a little bit, so some of her tail hair has wound around the area just above the sleeve (at tail hole). This is creating a problem (may damage tail and is starting to look bad). If I remove the sleeve, will the pony still work properly? I assume it's there to prevent hair from getting pulled in a caught in the mechanism.

Second, I have several ponies with incredibly bushy, tangled color-change hair. These include Wave Runner (white streaks) and two Sundazzle ponies, Sunglory and Sunsplasher. I read that you shouldn't use a flat iron on color-change hair. I can see why this would be true for color-change hair on Baby Sea Ponies given the texture. But this hair feels like regular MLP hair. So is it okay to use the flat iron or will the hair melt?

Thanks!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Two G1 fix-up questions re 1) Dance 'n' Prance 2) color-change hair. Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
I've used a flat iron on Wavedancer's frizzy hair before using low heat and plenty of water. It's not perfectly smooth but it is a lot better. I didn't burn it and it still changes color. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
I know the color changing hair is made of a different material than "regular" pony hair.  (And it frizzes REALLY easily!)  I've never tried ironing it, but I would definitely take it slow and start at a very low heat. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »
You can use a flat iron on colour changing hair but personally I only do it when the hair is at the point of no return and basically the pony cant get any worse. It can and a lot of the time will further damage the hair and the hair also melts at a much lower temperature. So if you do it, just be aware you need to be super careful and you could make matters worse unfortunately.

Songster will still work without the plastic wrap but you ll find that the hair could get tangled. The plastic ensures that the tail twirls as one piece; without the wrap it means all bits of hair can move by themselves and that can cause issues.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:15:38 AM »
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. Songster's problem sadly is that some of the hair is already loose, so the plastic wrap isn't working as it should. We'll see if I decide to cut it off . . .
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal