collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk* UPDATE!  (Read 7436 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk* UPDATE!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2014, 02:57:08 AM »
I just had someone saying they put in the wrong amount and saying they "don't want to pay" The auction for a vintage Valentino dress and it only closed at around £20.  I am hoping she doesn't leave me a negative feedback. She already sent me two replies saying she doesn't want to pay so I opened an unpaid item case. Annoying but I made 60 listings recently so I suppose I should expect a few bad apples.

Don't worry - she cant leave bad feedback for you if you opened an unpaid item case on her ;)

Quote from: Loa link=topic=362449.msg1311478#msg1311478 date=141706
Ha! Bluerose, that is how i ended up with a very expensive pony once a bid was retracted!

Oh is THAT your story?

Puh-leaase....gimme a break mom

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   so that's why you have advice  not to drink and ebay in your sig huh? :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2014, 02:14:12 PM »
Definitely on the don't drink and ebay wagon... but I fall off after a few glasses of wine, haha!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
Identity theft by other people can happen and sometimes its not children, but other adults that log into another person's account and make unauthorized/bids and purchases. On occasion, I'd logged into my ebay account at my brother's computer at his house. I never knew that my login info had been saved until one day, about 8 years ago, I found that  his fiance had logged into my account and clicked "Buy It Now" on a $75 pair of cowgirl boots. Luckily, my Paypal info wasn't saved so she couldn't transfer the money from my bank account to pay for them. It was the first of what became many thefts/attempted thefts on her part. In later instances, she was caught with cash stolen out of my parents' bedroom, attempting to steal a statue from a baby's grave, jewelry went missing from a neighbor's house after she left it, her stepdaughter's piggy bank was emptied out, then finally she plead guilty to breaking and entering into a person's apartment and taking and using their credit card.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk*
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
Ok...so I feel like I just got hit with a blast of karma. I made an earlier post about how I haven't believed people that told me this and that it has never happened to me. Well it literally just happened to me!!!! My 2 year old just bid on an ebay pony!! I left for one second because I was putting up my big brother ponies that she had gotten into and then when I got back she had bid on a pony!!! :ack:

I feel so silly! :blush: And I don't even want to send a message because now I know they won't believe me! I don't know...I guess I might have to change my attitude after this. I'm sure not all of them are telling the truth but it just happened to me.
Oh no!  :lol:Life's weird that way huh? Well look its one thing if it happens once or twice, but five times is definitely a bit suspicious
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »
I just had someone saying they put in the wrong amount and saying they "don't want to pay" The auction for a vintage Valentino dress and it only closed at around £20.  I am hoping she doesn't leave me a negative feedback. She already sent me two replies saying she doesn't want to pay so I opened an unpaid item case. Annoying but I made 60 listings recently so I suppose I should expect a few bad apples.

Don't worry - she cant leave bad feedback for you if you opened an unpaid item case on her ;)

Quote from: Loa link=topic=362449.msg1311478#msg1311478 date=141706
Ha! Bluerose, that is how i ended up with a very expensive pony once a bid was retracted!

Oh is THAT your story?

Puh-leaase....gimme a break mom

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   so that's why you have advice  not to drink and ebay in your sig huh? :P

Of course! :*
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
Apparently one in four people shop online under the influence. So a lot of them could be doing this, not remembering they bid and blaming their kids for their conundrum.

Ive been guilty of that, i did pay up however and try to remember not to drink and ebay. I wound up with a huge bag of random coloured mario mushrooms, heaps of them, just about everyone i knew at the time got one each.

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 02:51:33 AM »
Unfortunately, I am unable and unwilling to cancel this auction. A bid on ebay is a binding contract. Children should not have access to your ebay account. Consider it a necessary lesson to learn - always log out! By bidding on this auction, I may have lost other bids to be placed by other buyers; by cancelling an auction that has bids I lose out on fees. I can not force you to pay for the item at the end of the auction, but I will not cancel it at my expense. It will be your choice to pay or not pay and face a potential non paying bidder strike.

This is awesome, can I copy this text? I don't speak English fluently and these situations happen to me very often :| Of course I have ebay filters on. Eh...

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
I also have this problem.  I would say that around 30% of my eBay buyers never pay and those who give an explanation always say their kid did it!  If that many kids are being allowed to run around the internet without adult supervision, I'm worried for the next generation.

My biggest problem right now though is somebody who claims she "accidentally bought the wrong pony for a friend because she knows nothing about them".  (Well, if that's the case, almost everything she buys on eBay is for her "friend", judging by her feedback which all state how much she loves the pony she just bought!)  She wants me to cancel the transaction.  In all honesty, I didn't see her message until after I'd already opened a non-paying bidder case against her.  Then she turned on me, demanding I "close the case and tell eBay she's paid so that she doesn't get a mark against her account"!  (So I should pay fees for her error?!)

Now today she's paid for the pony with a note saying that I am not to post it and am to refund her as soon as I get online.  Not sure what to do.  I've explained to her about fees but apparently she still thinks I should pay for her mistake.  I suppose eBay would side with her though so I don't have much choice.  Not a good time for me when I am already in debt...eBay's been costing me more in fees with issues like this than I've been making lately, and with no other income, it's getting really difficult. :(  I wish incompetent people would take responsibility for their own errors.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »
Oops! I was trying to reply to something else! Silly tapatalk!

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »
I also have this problem.  I would say that around 30% of my eBay buyers never pay and those who give an explanation always say their kid did it!  If that many kids are being allowed to run around the internet without adult supervision, I'm worried for the next generation.

My biggest problem right now though is somebody who claims she "accidentally bought the wrong pony for a friend because she knows nothing about them".  (Well, if that's the case, almost everything she buys on eBay is for her "friend", judging by her feedback which all state how much she loves the pony she just bought!)  She wants me to cancel the transaction.  In all honesty, I didn't see her message until after I'd already opened a non-paying bidder case against her.  Then she turned on me, demanding I "close the case and tell eBay she's paid so that she doesn't get a mark against her account"!  (So I should pay fees for her error?!)

Now today she's paid for the pony with a note saying that I am not to post it and am to refund her as soon as I get online.  Not sure what to do.  I've explained to her about fees but apparently she still thinks I should pay for her mistake.  I suppose eBay would side with her though so I don't have much choice.  Not a good time for me when I am already in debt...eBay's been costing me more in fees with issues like this than I've been making lately, and with no other income, it's getting really difficult. :(  I wish incompetent people would take responsibility for their own errors.
I'd mail it to her anyway.  She bid, she paid, and I don't see how they could side with her when you've done nothing wrong.  Document everything on the condition of the pony when you send it, send it with tracking/confirmation, and I'd think she'd be hard pressed to have a legit claim.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »

I'd mail it to her anyway.  She bid, she paid, and I don't see how they could side with her when you've done nothing wrong.  Document everything on the condition of the pony when you send it, send it with tracking/confirmation, and I'd think she'd be hard pressed to have a legit claim.
This. eBay have sided with the sellers before, all you need to do is document everything like coinoperatedgirl said.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
Ugh.  They're probably the same people who return clothes that have been worn for a refund.
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 06:35:15 AM »
I don't know that I'd mail the item. I think I would call eBay and seek their assistance. They would handle the situation and side with you and make sure you get your fees back even if the transaction is cancelled.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
I refunded her minus the fees, politely telling her that I couldn't afford to pay for hers (and others) errors, and thankfully she accepted it with no fuss.  I would have called eBay customer services but they've been awful lately.  Twice I've used the online chat in the last month and they've "left the conversation" with no explanation!  So I've given up now.  Not sure if eBay UK is getting worse or if I've just been unlucky.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »
Oh good. I was just about to suggest exactly that when I saw your update :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal