collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk* UPDATE!  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk*
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
So the auction ended, and the buyer has not paid. Unpaid item dispute opened on Nov 13th.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 05:13:06 AM »
I sell a modest amount of stuff on Ebay, and I've had the "my kid bid on this" excuse, too. Strangely enough, I've also had the "no one bid on this" excuse. A guy bid on one of our vintage Polly Pockets and then said it was an Ebay error or something. True, the rest of the stuff he had bought recently had been computer parts, so it seemed unlikely he bid on it himself. But it had to have been someone in his family/house.

Ok...so I feel like I just got hit with a blast of karma. I made an earlier post about how I haven't believed people that told me this and that it has never happened to me. Well it literally just happened to me!!!! My 2 year old just bid on an ebay pony!! I left for one second because I was putting up my big brother ponies that she had gotten into and then when I got back she had bid on a pony!!! :ack:

I feel so silly! :blush: And I don't even want to send a message because now I know they won't believe me! I don't know...I guess I might have to change my attitude after this. I'm sure not all of them are telling the truth but it just happened to me.

:) I hope that if you do win that auction, it's not an expensive pony!

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:19 AM »
Ok...so I feel like I just got hit with a blast of karma. I made an earlier post about how I haven't believed people that told me this and that it has never happened to me. Well it literally just happened to me!!!! My 2 year old just bid on an ebay pony!! I left for one second because I was putting up my big brother ponies that she had gotten into and then when I got back she had bid on a pony!!! :ack:

I feel so silly! :blush: And I don't even want to send a message because now I know they won't believe me! I don't know...I guess I might have to change my attitude after this. I'm sure not all of them are telling the truth but it just happened to me.

If your kid did that, I think it's up to you to follow the auction up and pay for the item should you 'win' it.  That's not fair to the seller, ever, and you can always use it as a lesson for your kid.  When the pony comes in, it gets put UP.  She doesn't get the pony until she 'works' for the money of your's she spent.  Extra chores maybe until she can earn the pony herself.  Or, you can get the pony up and resale it to someone else, and make her pack the pony up when it sells.  Your decision of course, but that's what my parents would've done had ebay been around to teach me a good lesson about that. 

I think that´s a great strategy, but maybe not for a 2 year old? They don´t understand the concept of buying or money. Should she win the auction I say it´s just to bite the bullet and buy the pony. But not make the kid pay. It´s the adults mistake for not logging out, not the 2 year olds. Easy mistake to make :-)
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 01:15:19 PM »
I just had someone saying they put in the wrong amount and saying they "don't want to pay" The auction for a vintage Valentino dress and it only closed at around £20.  I am hoping she doesn't leave me a negative feedback. She already sent me two replies saying she doesn't want to pay so I opened an unpaid item case. Annoying but I made 60 listings recently so I suppose I should expect a few bad apples.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
Re: 1/5th of auctions 'my kid bid please cancel'. *headdesk* UPDATE!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
Kid, sister, dog... had all the excuses!

Some of them may actually have been a kid bidding. Lesson 1, don't leave your ebay open for your kid to use. Lesson 2, if you didn't and they hacked it make them pay for the things out of their pocket money to show them the consequences!

The dog I mentioned obviously didn't bid but the sister did. I don't buy that for one second.

I'm sick of it too.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Re: 1/5th of auctions \'my kid bid please cancel\'. *headdesk* UPDATE!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »
 I didn't know you could cancel someone's bid without a big to-do!  I just had someone contact me about a bait auction saying they 'didn't mean to bid' on it.  And then apparently when I wasn't glued to my computer, they felt the need to send another message (this is all with the past couple of hours, mind you) saying 'Hey I didn't mean to bid on this'.  I don't want to deal with the drama but part of me wants to write back "Then why did you?".   >_<

Post Merge: November 19, 2014, 11:23:08 AM

Figured out how to cancel it and then blocked her.   :cool: It actually wasn't hard, so at least there's that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:25:26 AM by Radha »

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 06:05:42 AM »
This is one of the reasons I no longer sell on ebay. I had so many messages claiming a child had bid, that they wanted the item for a terminally ill child so I should pull the listing & relist at a cheap BIN for them, using hospital as an excuse not to pay etc.

I never had those problems as a seller when you could leave a neg feedback. I don't think a seller should be able to leave a retaliation negative, but a lot of buyers deserve a negative at times.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »
I love the "unexpected bill" excuse.  Ticks me off to no end.  Even if it is true, if a $15-25 item is going to make or break your "bill", maybe consider your finances *before* you bid.  Cause I'm telling you, my house could burn down to the ground, my car could get demolished, and I could get fired, all at the same time and I could STILL pay for current auctions.  (I certainly wouldn't be buying again for awhile though!) *sigh*  You don't have to be wealthy to be smart with your money.   [end rant]

Silverdawn

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 01:09:52 AM »
 Ha! I just got back from a quick trip to see that an ended auction had a question on it ...they wanted me to cancel their bid ($4 lol) as they had a lot arrived with the same pony in it. Sheesh. $4. Unbelievable. Anyways, someone else bid and won for $4.50 before I could reply so I'll post their pony with a bonus 50 cents :)
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 03:44:04 AM »
People often act ridiculously on ebay, I think we can all agree.

I like to think what I bid on or what happens is my responsibilty, once I bid on a minty G1 pony with her ribbon & brush and accidentally bid 200 instead of 20.. (I did it from my phone, sometimes it makes mistakes.. have since learnt not to do it). Thank goodness the seller wasn't shill bidding on the item and it didnt really go over to much.

Lesson learned, very careful with ebay bids since.

Back to the point, I think you're right in your actions. I don't think accepting to cancel bids unless there is a very good reason should be normal practice, and you are most definitely in the right.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:48:44 AM by squishy turdl »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
Apparently one in four people shop online under the influence. So a lot of them could be doing this, not remembering they bid and blaming their kids for their conundrum.

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »
Ha! Bluerose, that is how i ended up with a very expensive pony once a bid was retracted!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
Ha! Bluerose, that is how i ended up with a very expensive pony once a bid was retracted!

Oh is THAT your story?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »

Oh is THAT your story?

Puh-leaase....gimme a break mom

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »
I actually did have something like that happen to me once, but I paid for the auction because it was my mistake.  It wasn't the same thing, but I put 1 too many zeros in my max bid, and I guess someone else really wanted it.  The auction went $250+ over the $100 max bid I meant to place. 

I know people who've used that exact excuse though, and you're right, it's never actually their kids, they just had buyers remorse. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal