collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My new little girl  (Read 1000 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: My new little girl
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
That is so cool! I don't know anything about how child sponsorship works but it would definitely be something I'd be interested in doing. Do you ever have a chance to meet your child or anything? And how do children become eligible to receive sponsors? Sorry for all the questions - I just find it really interesting. 

Edit: I've been doing some research and I think I will do it! It's not too expensive for me and it looks like it would really help a child who needs the help. I also love that Ecuador is one of the countries involved -- I have family who have been missionaries there for over 20 years.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 06:55:43 AM »
I don't mind questions at all! I've never had the money to visit my children, though I dream of being able to some day. But Sponsors can go visit their children if they want to and can afford the trip. And I think the requirements are a bit different for each country as far as eligibility. Income is a factor. So is age. Girls get priority. Some countries have limits as to how many kids in a household can be sponsored. I'm not sure what else. Once in the program there are certain rules they have to follow to remain eligible. Like they can't be involved with gangs or other things that may make them a threat to the organization or the other children. I believe, at least in some countries, marriage takes them out of the program as well (this may be an exception in certain areas though, I'm not sure).

And that's wonderful! One of my girls is from Ecuador! If you sponsor through CI, message me so we can connect on My Social Center!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
Congrats, this is a wonderful thing you are doing for her, she is adorable! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 08:27:37 PM »
Yay, Kat!! She's beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures of my new girl. Thank you so much again for introducing me to this organization. I feel like this is going to be an experience of a lifetime!  :frolic:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
I can't wait either! I hope you will share them! And you are welcome again and thank you again too! :silly: It will be one of the best experiences ever I bet! It has been for me! :lovey:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal